Kasich hopes for gas bonanza from Marcellus Shale | The Columbus Dispatch

Gov.-elect John Kasich says the natural gas formation known as the Marcellus Shale could give a needed economic boost to the state. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Its 420 Somewhere

Perrysburg, OH

#1 Dec 30, 2010
As long as you don't want to tax my Clampett money - lol
John

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 30, 2010
Fracking here we come. Kasich will be approving poisoning the water supply. Actually having your sink faucet on fire is kind of cool.
VillBilly

Canal Winchester, OH

#3 Dec 30, 2010
Uh, this is NOT a good idea at all. Drilling through the Marcellus Shale contaminates drinking water.
Skeptical

Portsmouth, OH

#4 Dec 30, 2010
It would also be an added bonus if it rained or snowed $100-dollar bills from the skies, too!
ross

Marysville, OH

#5 Dec 30, 2010
now kasich is praying this gas will save his ass ,4 yrs of kasich and this state will be by far worse off than before him!
Joe

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 30, 2010
Yep, quite a bonanza for the Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake Energy Corp.!
Go for it

Hilliard, OH

#7 Dec 30, 2010
I am glad to see the HUGE differance John Kasich has toward fixing the Ohio budget and jobs crisis.
The liberals still thing we can have electric cars and use solar and wind for all energy.
The fact is we are 20-30 years out before those technologies will be cost effective and enough in design to get us off other forms of energy.
Shale oil is another option for America along with natural gas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cindy Lou

Pickerington, OH

#8 Dec 30, 2010
Kasich needs to be reminded of the poison chemicals that are being spilled into the ground and waters in the state of Pennsylvania. People are are being poisoned and the cancer rate is shooting up where these companies are tapping into the natural gas. The quick fix & money isn't worth anything if our water supplies are poisoned and people start dying. His EPA appointments tells us this man is more concerned about the big companies' profits than the residents of Ohio.
Michael

Marysville, OH

#9 Dec 30, 2010
Drill baby drill ...
Citizen

Lewis Center, OH

#10 Dec 30, 2010
VillBilly wrote:
Uh, this is NOT a good idea at all. Drilling through the Marcellus Shale contaminates drinking water.
Also there are pockets of radiation around gas wells that contaminate the land. A county that is near my folks family farm in Kentucky was drilled for gas and they all now have city water. The fields were so contaminated that cattle that grazed looked like they had cancer .. very skinny and sickly. It was the infamous Ashland Oil that was notorious for rape plundering and pilaging Kentucky farmers. So I would beware folks.
Night Train

Columbus, OH

#11 Dec 30, 2010
Kasich acts like he discovered this. It's only been in the news for two years and rail lines are being rebuilt to bring equipment to these fields. A rail line is being relocated in Youngstown to better a serve a steel mill that makes pipe for natural gas transmission.....and all of this has happened before Kasich has even taken the oath.
DrC Ohio

Columbus, OH

#12 Dec 30, 2010
Just his way of creating jobs and contaminating the water supply. This guy is a grade A goon. Maybe they can start drilling at his house and see how he likes it.

Since: Jul 10

Columbus, OH

#13 Dec 30, 2010
We have enough gas from all of the gasbag politicians in this state.
Sterling Silver

Grove City, OH

#14 Dec 30, 2010
John, y'all be sure and do a lot o' drillin' in them thar state parks too...no sense lettin' all that parkland go to waste now, y' hear?
Dublin Ohio

Lexington, KY

#15 Dec 30, 2010
Ohio is going to get exactly what they voted for - a guy who will run the state into the ground for his big business buddies.
Rick

Dayton, OH

#16 Dec 30, 2010
I don't believe God had anything to do with this.
employee

Columbus, OH

#17 Dec 30, 2010
Anyone know how much $$$ the Chesapeake Energy Corporation donated to Kasich's election campaign?
concerned citizen

Lancaster, OH

#18 Dec 30, 2010
Right now gas companies are getting into trouble for poisoning people's water by using a method known as fracturing which releases toxins into the water system. I hope people who live near these gas deposits are involved enough to make sure that our new governor isn't so business pleasing that he lets the gas companies sacrifice other peoples' health.
Lifelong Ohioan

Mount Gilead, OH

#19 Dec 30, 2010
Go for it wrote:
I am glad to see the HUGE differance John Kasich has toward fixing the Ohio budget and jobs crisis.
The liberals still thing we can have electric cars and use solar and wind for all energy.
The fact is we are 20-30 years out before those technologies will be cost effective and enough in design to get us off other forms of energy.
Shale oil is another option for America along with natural gas.
30 years ago, they were saying we should not invest in solar and wind power because it wouldn't come to fruition soon enough. Just because no one owns the sun is no reason to keep repeating that mantra for the rest of your life.
Might as well contaminate

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Dec 30, 2010
Might as well contaminate Ohio water now and thank Kasich and his new EPA staff. If your not familiar with how the gas is removed, it's an unhealthy method due to all the chemicals used to get the gas out of the rock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesapeake. Williston Basin (Jan '14) Jul '14 Delores kahl 16
Wal-Mart and Exxon have this in common: Big che... Jun '14 Robert Burns 1
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Mar '14 Monte Glenn 79
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Mar '14 Mark Long 19
Eddie Vedder Slams Sacramento At Recent Concert (Nov '13) Nov '13 Frankie G 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Nomac Dri... (Jun '13) Jun '13 gone 4
Benefit concert held for Okla. city as donation... (May '13) May '13 Nice 4

Chesapeake Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE