Gas Driller Buying Up Local Land

Nov 26, 2011 Full story: Big News Network.com 7

Chesapeake Energy continues to expand its footprint in Ohio, as the energy giant is paying $330,000 to purchase a warehouse in the heart of Belmont County.

Full Story
Jake

Alliance, OH

#1 Dec 3, 2011

There have been a number of land parcels leased for oil and gas development in Columbiana County, Ohio recently.
My question is this: Is it practical for a land owner (5+ acres) to offer to lease his land to your company, now that the immediately adjecent land has already been leased for drilling at some earlier date? This property is located in the township of Center, county of Columbiana, Section 16, Twp. 14, Range 3.
I am inquiring on behalf of a close friend who lives out of state. If practical, what is your reasonable estimate of lease fee per acre you are willing to pay or should lease efforts be abandoned?

Law

Longview, TX

#2 Feb 21, 2012
Federal Case In Texas CHK Case # 2:CV-210 Huge!!!!
NatGasHShale

Shreveport, LA

#3 Feb 21, 2012
Law wrote:
Federal Case In Texas CHK Case # 2:CV-210 Huge!!!!
Please elaborate per above. Need Info asap. 2/21/2012
Thanks in advance.
NatGasHShale

Shreveport, LA

#4 Feb 22, 2012
NatGasHShale wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate per above. Need Info asap. 2/21/2012
Thanks in advance.
Since received no reply from "Law" Longview, TX. Here is info per the previous blog:

Romac Energy LLC v. C.A. Crouch Companies,LLC, et al...which includes C.A. Crouch, Larry G. Cox, Idea Energy Co.,LLC, The Idea Group,LLC, and Chesapeake Exploration,LLC
Filed April 8, 2011 in TX Eastern District Court, Marshall Office
Case No.: 2:2011cv00210
Jeremiah Deem - Tulsa

Tulsa, OK

#5 Feb 23, 2012
I think it would be beneficial to lease. I am not sure from your comment if your friend's neighbor's lands are located within his same Section of land and furthermore if an Oil and Gas well has been drilled on said neighbor's lands. From first glance it appears he could demand anywhere from $4500.00 per acre upwards of $7500.00 per acre with a 20 percent royalty interest.
Dakotaguy

Healdton, OK

#6 Mar 6, 2012
Seems Chesapeake Energy is having to sell off to cover spending. The lawsuit in Texas Federal court was filed by Romac Energy llc. That company has a past history of signing contracts and leaving owners holding the bag. They did just that with 33 mineral owners in Zavala County Texas. The lawsuit in East Texas was dismissed so they refiled here in North Dakota. It looks like a attempt on Romac's behalf to keep 5 million dollars Chesapeake prepayment for finding leases.
Roy

Healdton, OK

#7 Aug 24, 2012
That Texas federal lawsuit was so big Romac Energy LLC, president Wayne Hartt had to dismiss it. Seems they could not get a jurisdiction ruling. Now they filed in ND Stark County this is a attempt to keep the money Chesapeake paid them upfront. Yet in one filing they admit to the 5 million and in another they under sworn statement state there is no money.
Wayne Hartt breeched the contracts involving many mineral owners in Zavala and left them holding the bag. If the mans mouth is moving he is telling another big lie. Jeff Thomas of Longview is a close side kick and they tie property up to flip. And when that fails they walk away leaving owners nothing. They can and will litigate people to death just proves how ethical they conduct business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Oct '14 nila 20
Chesapeake. Williston Basin (Jan '14) Jul '14 Delores kahl 16
Wal-Mart and Exxon have this in common: Big che... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Robert Burns 1
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Mar '14 Monte Glenn 79
Eddie Vedder Slams Sacramento At Recent Concert (Nov '13) Nov '13 Frankie G 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Nomac Dri... (Jun '13) Jun '13 gone 4
Benefit concert held for Okla. city as donation... (May '13) May '13 Nice 4
More from around the web