Arlington group negotiates a record bonus

Mar 15, 2008 Full story: A liberal dose 12

“We pretty much delivered the entire neighborhood, so we negotiated from a position of strength”

A record signing bonus that could add up to a $41.7 million payout from Chesapeake Energy is the reward for a southeast Arlington group's three-week blitz to organize and negotiate to lease the area's mineral rights.

The payout amounts to a $22,000 signing bonus per acre, a 25 percent royalty and a three-year term for the Southeast Arlington Property Owners, or SEAPO. The group plans lease signings this coming week at Mayfield Road Baptist Church.

The area, bounded by Interstate 20, Matlock Road, Texas 360 and Arkansas Lane, is composed of neighborhoods of middle-class and working-class homes. Informational meetings at the church and fliers distributed in the neighborhoods included Spanish and Vietnamese translations. Read more

Full Story
arlington girl

United States

#1 Mar 26, 2008
I live in that area and own my home but was never contacted by SEAPO. Is it too late to consider the offer?
ThereIsNoGod

Mesquite, TX

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Whooohooo., That's us. That's us. YEAH!!!!!
RuiningOurCity

United States

#3 Mar 27, 2008
arlington girl wrote:
I live in that area and own my home but was never contacted by SEAPO. Is it too late to consider the offer?
I would check into it....its never too late!
amazinggrace

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 3, 2008
GOd BLess HighPoint CHurch........to spread the gospel around the World.....!!!!!
amazinggrace

Dallas, TX

#5 Apr 3, 2008
ThereIsNoGod wrote:
Whooohooo., That's us. That's us. YEAH!!!!!
How can you say there is no God? You are being blessed because of the prayers of the churches that are on that land!
ThereIsNoGod

Mesquite, TX

#6 Apr 4, 2008
amazinggrace wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say there is no God? You are being blessed because of the prayers of the churches that are on that land!
I can't even begin to tell how hard I am laughing at you right now.
How can you possibly BELIEVE the world is only 6,000 years old?? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and I believe any human that believes such garbage is simply a fool. I'm still laughing at you.
Realigious

Arlington, TX

#7 Apr 5, 2008
ThereIsNoGod wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't even begin to tell how hard I am laughing at you right now.
How can you possibly BELIEVE the world is only 6,000 years old?? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and I believe any human that believes such garbage is simply a fool. I'm still laughing at you.
I see by your other posts that you think all Christians believe that adherance to only the strictest interpretation of the Bible is what makes one a Christian. You believe that all "true Christians" believe that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. It seems that your only interpretation of what a Christian is, is what a narrow range of denominations believe, obviously from your exposure to this narrow range, which you appear to be bent in discrediting. By adhering to this belief, you are only supporting & lending credence to the belief you so desire to argue against. Most Christians are open to scientific exploration, and do not jeopardize their faith by believing in the possibility & reality most of what evolutionists propose. We are not hypocritical by understanding that the Bible was written by men, and since altered by men time & again. Our faith allows us to face reality without forsaking our Lord. And we are not cherry-picking by finding our maker's works in all that is around us. Maybe you are angry with God for some bad set of events in your past, or you would not be so eager to try to talk down to those who have God & Christ in their lives. If you were an athiest, or even agnostic, you would not care one way or the other about how Christians feel, and would not make them targets in your pointless postings. And we all can see that "blah blah blah" is evidence of the week argument you actually have. Quoting Richard Dawkins doesn't get you very far when we think he's a pathetic role model. If you want to have an intelligent debate, you should try to talk with others as a respectful adult, not a spoiled child.
ThereIsNoGod

Mesquite, TX

#8 Apr 6, 2008
Realigious wrote:
<quoted text>
I see by your other posts that you think all Christians believe that adherance to only the strictest interpretation of the Bible is what makes one a Christian. You believe that all "true Christians" believe that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. It seems that your only interpretation of what a Christian is, is what a narrow range of denominations believe, obviously from your exposure to this narrow range, which you appear to be bent in discrediting. By adhering to this belief, you are only supporting & lending credence to the belief you so desire to argue against. Most Christians are open to scientific exploration, and do not jeopardize their faith by believing in the possibility & reality most of what evolutionists propose. We are not hypocritical by understanding that the Bible was written by men, and since altered by men time & again. Our faith allows us to face reality without forsaking our Lord. And we are not cherry-picking by finding our maker's works in all that is around us. Maybe you are angry with God for some bad set of events in your past, or you would not be so eager to try to talk down to those who have God & Christ in their lives. If you were an athiest, or even agnostic, you would not care one way or the other about how Christians feel, and would not make them targets in your pointless postings. And we all can see that "blah blah blah" is evidence of the week argument you actually have. Quoting Richard Dawkins doesn't get you very far when we think he's a pathetic role model. If you want to have an intelligent debate, you should try to talk with others as a respectful adult, not a spoiled child.
Oh how to have an intelligent debate with someone how believes in fairy tales. I'd rather talk to my kids about Barney.
Now I'm laughing at you.
ThereIsNoGod

Arlington, TX

#9 Apr 7, 2008
I suckle my thumb because it's all I can reach.
ThereIsNoGod

Mesquite, TX

#10 Apr 8, 2008
ThereIsNoGod wrote:
I suckle my thumb because it's all I can reach.
You can suckle your thumb.
You can suckle your friends.
But you can't suckle your friend's thumb.
ThereIsNoGod

United States

#11 Apr 12, 2008
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

“Prostibuli eligantia”

Since: Apr 08

Arlington

#12 Apr 13, 2008
ThereIsNoGod wrote:
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”
Typical name thief espousing your ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Oct '14 nila 20
Chesapeake. Williston Basin (Jan '14) Jul '14 Delores kahl 16
Wal-Mart and Exxon have this in common: Big che... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Robert Burns 1
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Mar '14 Monte Glenn 79
Eddie Vedder Slams Sacramento At Recent Concert (Nov '13) Nov '13 Frankie G 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Nomac Dri... (Jun '13) Jun '13 gone 4
Benefit concert held for Okla. city as donation... (May '13) May '13 Nice 4
More from around the web