Driller touts Ohio's gas and oil | The Columbus Dispatch

An Oklahoma company has discovered oil and natural-gas resources in eastern Ohio that it thinks could be worth up to $20billion, an announcement that shows the economic potential of Utica shale. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wayne

Cape Coral, FL

#21 Jul 29, 2011
Wow! I'm an out of stater and just heard of the possibility of one of the largest finds of gas liquids and oil in the U.S. in 40 years. So I did a Google search and came across this article thinking that people in Ohio would be excited about the prospects. Instead, I found these comments. I no longer have to wonder why the economy of Ohio is in the dumps. Keep protecting your unemplyment checks, food stamps, and welfare checks guys!!!
Rob

Grove City, OH

#22 Jul 29, 2011
Hey Wayne in Florida ...

We're already taking in toxic waste water from Pennsylvania's fracking. Once we start fracking on our own in Ohio, would you mind if we dump all our waste water on Florida ?
town street

Columbus, OH

#23 Jul 29, 2011
Moving to Texas wrote:
What's wrong with fracking for oil & gas if it's between two concenting adults, done in a safe way and kept within the confines of their own property. This is a free county isn't it.
What's wrong is WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON IN PENNSYLVANIA.

This is not merely a contract between 2 consenting adults.

* BILLIONS of gallons of fresh water are being contaminated.

* BILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS are going to have to be spent cleaning up the mess "between 2 consenting adults."

* MILLIONS OF PEOPLE will face negative consequences.(Got Cancer? Many people in Pennsylvania's Fracking Regions are ending up with it.)

* BILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS will be spent treating people (via Medicaid) for fracking related health problems.

I mean really why don't we just bring back the Asbestos industry ???
aEnzyte Bob ex-Paid Cust

Denver, CO

#24 Jul 29, 2011
Rob wrote:
Hey Wayne in Florida ...
We're already taking in toxic waste water from Pennsylvania's fracking. Once we start fracking on our own in Ohio, would you mind if we dump all our waste water on Florida ?
Why are you liberals so GULLIBLE?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270...

The Truth about Fracking
town street

Columbus, OH

#25 Jul 29, 2011
Wayne wrote:
Wow! I'm an out of stater and just heard of the possibility of one of the largest finds of gas liquids and oil in the U.S. in 40 years. So I did a Google search and came across this article thinking that people in Ohio would be excited about the prospects. Instead, I found these comments. I no longer have to wonder why the economy of Ohio is in the dumps. Keep protecting your unemplyment checks, food stamps, and welfare checks guys!!!
What are you talking about?

Florida is BY FAR a bigger welfare state than Ohio. If the Feds aren't shoveling TRILLIONS to Florida's never ending supply of welfare recipients, they're spending HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS cleaning up the environmental destruction that large corporations have caused in Florida....not to mention the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS spent cleaning up after your yearly hurricanes via FEMA. Oh and at best, your public education standards are as good as Ohio's mediocre public schools. I WOULD BET THAT WE SPEND HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS funding Florida's multi-lingual services for all your illegals too.

Ohio might be late in "the fracking game."

But we're also just now seeing DOCUMENTED PROOF of how

* fracking is destroying the environment

* Fracking is destroying huge fresh water reserves

* fracking is destroying the health of people who live miles away from where the fracking is occurring.(do you want your bladdar replaced with a plastic bag?)

* THE CORPORATIONS THAT WANT TO FRACK GROSSLY OVERESTIMATE THEIR EARNINGS POTENTIAL
(much like our govt workers underestimate the price of public works projects to get them off the ground)

MFD

Mount Vernon, OH

#26 Jul 29, 2011
Kasich wins the day again !!!
Wayne

Cape Coral, FL

#27 Jul 30, 2011
town street wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
Florida is BY FAR a bigger welfare state than Ohio. If the Feds aren't shoveling TRILLIONS to Florida's never ending supply of welfare recipients, they're spending HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS cleaning up the environmental destruction that large corporations have caused in Florida....not to mention the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS spent cleaning up after your yearly hurricanes via FEMA. Oh and at best, your public education standards are as good as Ohio's mediocre public schools. I WOULD BET THAT WE SPEND HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS funding Florida's multi-lingual services for all your illegals too.
Ohio might be late in "the fracking game."
But we're also just now seeing DOCUMENTED PROOF of how
* fracking is destroying the environment
* Fracking is destroying huge fresh water reserves
* fracking is destroying the health of people who live miles away from where the fracking is occurring.(do you want your bladdar replaced with a plastic bag?)
* THE CORPORATIONS THAT WANT TO FRACK GROSSLY OVERESTIMATE THEIR EARNINGS POTENTIAL
(much like our govt workers underestimate the price of public works projects to get them off the ground)
Can you imagine the callousness of those Oklahomans. They've been fracking and poisoning their own water for over 40 years and now are even ramping up their poisoning programs in their own state just to get rich. Now they want to move to your state and poison your water just to make you rich and themselves even richer. You definitely need to fight this!!!
DrC Ohio

Columbus, OH

#28 Jul 30, 2011
town street wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong is WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON IN PENNSYLVANIA.
This is not merely a contract between 2 consenting adults.
* BILLIONS of gallons of fresh water are being contaminated.
* BILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS are going to have to be spent cleaning up the mess "between 2 consenting adults."
* MILLIONS OF PEOPLE will face negative consequences.(Got Cancer? Many people in Pennsylvania's Fracking Regions are ending up with it.)
* BILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS will be spent treating people (via Medicaid) for fracking related health problems.
I mean really why don't we just bring back the Asbestos industry ???
You nailed it. Why do you think the Rs passed that POS lake erie water bill that basically had no protections? It is b/c the fracking issues. It uses up to 300 times more fresh water than regular fracking (vertical versus horizontal). And that water goes somewhere.

Since fracking can be down in state parks, I hope the public video tapes all the activity.
In The Business

Canal Winchester, OH

#29 Jul 30, 2011
I have worked with drilling, pipelines, and Chemical plants since 1976. It has been a good living through the yaers. I assure you that we in the industry DO NOT want dirty drinking water or poluted air. You see, we breath the air and drink the water too.
If environmentalists would back away from the "Fracking" nonsense and let us do our job, we could put over 1 million people back to work in the US and help out the economy with an American made product.Our industry, as with others, is so run by the federal governmen and environmentalists now, that the price of a gallon of gas is +$3.50. What a shame, unless that is the reason environmentalists do what they do.
William Blanchard

Aurora, IL

#30 Jul 30, 2011
You donít have to use water to Frack, and this method gets the well into production faster with much less methane emissions and truck traffic. Proven extensively in Canada, and building this year in the US:

http://www.gasfrac.com/present ...

I own some, so am not unbiased, but Iím excited about the problems the company addresses and the opportunities production of both Oil and Nat Gas bring to our country in terms of employment and reduced energy dependence and improved air quality over coal.

We need better well casing regulation. The industry should stop whining and get on with it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Oct 17 nila 20
Chesapeake. Williston Basin (Jan '14) Jul '14 Delores kahl 16
Wal-Mart and Exxon have this in common: Big che... Jun '14 Robert Burns 1
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Mar '14 Monte Glenn 79
Eddie Vedder Slams Sacramento At Recent Concert (Nov '13) Nov '13 Frankie G 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Nomac Dri... (Jun '13) Jun '13 gone 4
Benefit concert held for Okla. city as donation... (May '13) May '13 Nice 4

Chesapeake Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE