Governor pays visit to county gas well site

Full story: Carrollton Free Press Standard

Ohio Governor John Kasich made an unannounced visit to Carroll County last week.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
teacher

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Judged:

I am sure Kasich did not want any publicity for fear of people protesting SB 5. Wow. He needs to be recalled.
the almighty dollar

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Judged:

this is disgusting.
mrgoodcitizen

Hermitage, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

I am sure that when our water is poisoned by fracking that Fuhrer Kasich will be hiding in another part of the state....
Not again

Dover, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

not worried
teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

Judged:

Kasich has been staying under the radar in order to avoid protests by the hardworking middle class public workers in Ohio. He spoke at Stark State without any of the instructors being informed. I just watched "Inside Job" about the collapse of the banking industry in 2008 - and just the fact that Kasich worked for Lehman Brothers until their "bankruptcy" is frightening. I am disgusted with his attack on policeman, teachers, firefighters et al. SB 5 will be shot down by the people of Ohio.
Tommy 2

Saint Clairsville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

Judged:

I think you are going to get your feelings hurt, when the majority votes that SB5 is good for the people of the state.
An American

Saint Clairsville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

Judged:

Tommy 2, did you know President Franklin Roosevelt warned against collective barganing for public employees? Let's see, the teachers unions get their guy in with campaign donation from the dues taken from the teachers, so their guy wll give them what they want. Some may call it money laundering. What do they get? A 35 year retirement at 77% of their salary while working 9 months of the year, nearly 100% of all medical cost covered. What the heck are you moaning about teacher? Our state is broke and the people can't afford all your perks. Oh, by the way, I also have been a teacher. I don't think you have too many supporters.
countylady

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

Not all of the people involved are teachers or fire fighters. Some of us a the "little people" who make small wages. What SB5 will do to us is huge. I have given 30+ years to public service and my medical will not be paid for me. After everything is taken out I would make less than $1,000 per month. Can you live on that. Yes I did make the choice to serve my community but did not expect people to lump me in with those who make big money. I will pray for some of you with the thoughts that we are cheating the public. Some of you make three to four times what I make-perhaps you need to look at all the information. I don't agree with supporting people who desire to get elected. I do support being able to get a contact so that I can be treated fairly. If you let that to the boards of education and superintendents they will pick their buddies and your children will suffer. Please get all the information before you vote. Thank you!
haha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

public employies should not be able to hold me hostage over their wages sorry. if you want to join a union get a job in the private sector not in the govt sector. if it doesnt pay enough get another job. NO UNION should be able to tell me how much i have to pay in taxes. we dont need a "GOVT UNION". sorry but these are govt jobs not private jobs there is a difference. thank you for your service but dont expect me to feel sorry for you because you chose "public service" instead of a factory job working midnights or holidays. these were not ment to be big paying jobs. most were nothing more than keeping people off welfare. thanks but you made the wrong choice get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Search the Chesapeake Energy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Mar 21 Monte Glenn 79
Chesapeake. Williston Basin Mar '14 Bestonetrx 11
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Mar '14 Mark Long 19
Eddie Vedder Slams Sacramento At Recent Concert Nov '13 Frankie G 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Nomac Dri... (Jun '13) Jun '13 gone 4
Benefit concert held for Okla. city as donation... (May '13) May '13 Nice 4
No title (May '13) May '13 Brittany 4
•••
•••