Do the State Fair on a budget

Full story: KFOR 16
The fair is just two days away. Starting Thursday, it's 11-straight days of fair fun for Oklahomans. Full Story

“Life Is Great”

Since: Sep 10

Blanchard, OK

#1 Sep 14, 2010
My budget is 0 I will not waste my money at the fair, it's gone downhill for years and is still headed down.
Shelly

Yukon, OK

#2 Sep 14, 2010
I wish it wasn't on a school day. And is it gonna be $1 a day for 11 straight days?
lindsay

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Sep 14, 2010
[it will be $1 on Thursday only..then on the 21st it will be $2 a person... that's about it unless you're a senior citizen or military. Sorry.
Steve

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Sep 15, 2010
Do the state fair on a buget? How about stay at home!
You must be kidding

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Sep 15, 2010
It's not the state fair anymore. It might as well be Old Paris Flea Market with carnival rides.
Just saying

Montgomery, AL

#6 Sep 15, 2010
You must be kidding wrote:
It's not the state fair anymore. It might as well be Old Paris Flea Market with carnival rides.
I agree 100%! It's become just another sad joke. I have many friends who use to be vendors out there until the fair board decided they needed to make more money than the vendors, off the vendors. Look's like I'll wait and go to the Tulsa state fair again this year.
Bonerville

Montgomery, AL

#7 Sep 15, 2010
I really just go to the fair to people watch. There are a lot of strange and amusing looking characters at the fair.

Since: Jul 10

Montgomery, AL

#8 Sep 15, 2010
The state fair has turned into nothing but a bunch of gang fights in the parking lot and kids hollering at women trying to start trouble... The only think i like are the turkey legs and funnel cake! mmmmm
FamousAJ

Chicago, IL

#9 Sep 15, 2010
and beer
sheesh

Blanchard, OK

#10 Sep 15, 2010
It's actually quite funny that the so-called "School Kids Day" is on a day when they all have to be at school! Way to rip off the kids! I remember when I was a kid all of the schools let out one day to go to the state fair and we were all given a free ticket. It stinks that this generation of kids doesn't get to have that.
What exactly is the point of having a School Kids Day on a day that they have to attend school? Why not make that day on Saturday or Sunday when nobody has to attend school? Whose brilliant idea was this anyway?
Mr Mayor

Montgomery, AL

#11 Sep 15, 2010
After this Fair year I plan to submit MAPS4. Turning the rest of the fair grounds into 6 Flags over bricktown. It will require more city worker lay offs and more tax payer dollars. However, with what I find to be ignorance by the common OKC populace we should have no problem slipping yet another watful project past the people in the name of city growth. I as the leader of the most ignorant bunch of okies in the history of the state bid you a good day......Mick

“Life Is Great”

Since: Sep 10

Blanchard, OK

#12 Sep 15, 2010
Bonerville wrote:
I really just go to the fair to people watch. There are a lot of strange and amusing looking characters at the fair.
It makes you wonder where their at the rest of the year.
Steve

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Sep 16, 2010
tazz-i wrote:
<quoted text>It makes you wonder where their at the rest of the year.
Crossroads Mall!
cookie

Tulsa, OK

#14 Sep 16, 2010
not enough money in the world for me to go to the state fair... bunch of little mouthy gang bangin' wannabes out there...nope staying home!!

don't even want to talk about the operators of the rides..even more scary.
Earl

Montgomery, AL

#15 Sep 16, 2010
Well...Hats off to the State Fair Planning Group. You have successfully pointed the nose of the State Fair directly at the ground and it's headed for total failure at full speed! Your selection of entertainment. what the heck were you smoking when you picked this pack of no bodies and has beens? The Grandstand,Monorail,Aircraft Displays, and now the Space Needle are gone! What the hell is next? Carnies, corn dogs and crafts..Ya call this a State Fair? This is a CARNIVAL...Actually..it's a joke..Close it down, cut your losses and drive to the TULSA State Fair!
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Sep 16, 2010
Earl wrote:
Well...Hats off to the State Fair Planning Group. You have successfully pointed the nose of the State Fair directly at the ground and it's headed for total failure at full speed! Your selection of entertainment. what the heck were you smoking when you picked this pack of no bodies and has beens? The Grandstand,Monorail,Aircraft Displays, and now the Space Needle are gone! What the hell is next? Carnies, corn dogs and crafts..Ya call this a State Fair? This is a CARNIVAL...Actually..it's a joke..Close it down, cut your losses and drive to the TULSA State Fair!
I used to never go to the state fair until I met my wife. so the OKC state fair is the only one I have been too. Is the Tulsa fair really that much better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Oct 17 nila 20
Chesapeake. Williston Basin (Jan '14) Jul '14 Delores kahl 16
Wal-Mart and Exxon have this in common: Big che... Jun '14 Robert Burns 1
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Mar '14 Monte Glenn 79
Eddie Vedder Slams Sacramento At Recent Concert (Nov '13) Nov '13 Frankie G 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Nomac Dri... (Jun '13) Jun '13 gone 4
Benefit concert held for Okla. city as donation... (May '13) May '13 Nice 4

Chesapeake Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE