Chipotle CEO Says Business Plan Needs...

Chipotle CEO Says Business Plan Needs More Imported Labor for Burrito Rolling

There are 11 comments on the immigrationreform.com story from Dec 22, 2011, titled Chipotle CEO Says Business Plan Needs More Imported Labor for Burrito Rolling. In it, immigrationreform.com reports that:

This past year, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) audited fast-growing, fast-food chain Chipotle Mexican Grill (ICE still does paper audits, it seems). On inspection, ICE found that Chipotle had knowingly hired over 500 illegal immigrants. Now Chipotle’s co-leader, Monty Moran, is upset about having to train and hire American workers: he is complaining to senators that “Immigration is really messed up.”

Since Moran has been deprived of a labor pool willing to work for laughably low wages, he’s struggling to find American workers to take over burrito-rolling duties without increasing salary and benefits to attract a domestic supply. Because immigrants are “critical to [Chipotle’s] success” according to The Wall Street Journal, Moran wants an influx of legal workers (guest-workers, perhaps?), preferably still willing to work for peanuts. Some might call this a “cheap labor business plan.” Trouble is, this “cheap labor” is bankrupting the nation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at immigrationreform.com.

LMAO

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 22, 2011
Is this guy for real? I've heard some lame excuses but I think this one take the cake!

Since: Apr 10

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#2 Dec 22, 2011
Sounds like Chipotle CEO doesn't want to hire Americans at a decent wage. Ironically, you have many American businesses who conform to this un-American practice.

I can assure you that another Company called American Apparel is the kind of company who'll hire illegals becuase they operate on the principal that if you can do it, so be it.

Fines & penalties become nothing more than a small fee to conduct business. It's what I call laissez faire capitalism.

Burrito Bull Chit

De Soto, KS

#4 Dec 23, 2011
I'm with you b4its2late!

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#5 Dec 23, 2011
If his company cannot stay in business without illegal aliens or other *cheap* labor, his company has no business being in business. Period.

He can cry and moan all he wants. Hire legal workers at competitive wages or close your doors. He doesn't need to get rich at the expense of legal workers and by employing slave labor in the form of illegal aliens.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#6 Dec 23, 2011
And, exactly *why* isn't he in prison for his KNOWINGLY hiring illegal aliens? Something is amiss here. They know he did it with full knowledge. He won't stop until the fines and prison time are more than he can take. So he stays rich and legal workers have no chance? How is that fair? I know plenty of citizens who work in the restaurant industry. This isn't a "job Americans won't do" so what's the problem?
Training

De Soto, KS

#7 Dec 23, 2011
How hard can it be to teach people how to roll a fricking burrito?
Julie Meyers

De Soto, KS

#8 Dec 23, 2011
Julie Meyers, former ICE head is one of the attorneys hired by Chipolte's. Clearly, she supports illegals. There's a thread on Topix somewhere as to this.
DAVID63

Since: Nov 11

Seattle, WA

#10 Dec 23, 2011
I will never go to one of his places,and I also do not by any TYSON products either,because they hired illegals for a very long time,lied,and finally admitted to it.too little,too late,and they are most likely still doing it.
Boycott Chipoltes

De Soto, KS

#11 Dec 23, 2011
Don't spend a dime in any of their restaurants. As they seem to prefer illegals, I doubt that they were screened for disease!
DAVID63

Since: Nov 11

Seattle, WA

#12 Dec 23, 2011
Boycott Chipoltes wrote:
Don't spend a dime in any of their restaurants. As they seem to prefer illegals, I doubt that they were screened for disease!
Great point.How can they prove they followed the laws,when they were breaking the law?
annie

Naperville, IL

#13 Dec 23, 2011
Does anyone care what Chipolte wants? We want them to obey the laws or go work in the countries that don't have any laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG) Lowered to Ho... Aug 4 Kev from Michigan 1
News Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) PT Lowered t... May '16 kevin from michigan 2
News Fired workers say Chipotle was soft on immigration (Apr '11) Feb '16 Life is a Minestroni 17
News Restaurant super fans go to outrageous lengths ... (Oct '11) Feb '16 guest 3
News Chipotle Mexican Grill coming to Martinez in March (Jan '13) Feb '16 guest 2
News Chipotle partners to launch Pizzeria Locale (Dec '13) Feb '16 guest 3
News Chipotle opens in Parkway Village in Sherwood -... (Nov '14) Feb '16 guest 2
More from around the web