Afghanistan signs first oil deal -- w...

Afghanistan signs first oil deal -- with China

There are 11 comments on the CNN story from Dec 28, 2011, titled Afghanistan signs first oil deal -- with China. In it, CNN reports that:

China National Petroleum Corp. won the first oil deal in Afghanistan earlier this week, signing a contract with the Afghan government to develop a small oil field in the northern part of the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

KeepGitmoOpen

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 Dec 28, 2011
Horrible
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#2 Dec 28, 2011
We are getting pooped on again.

Political Correctnes has produced several generations of the crummiest, most pathetic, worthless politicians the world has ever known.

The Bushes, the Clintons and Obama have involved this country in wars that have no benefit for the United States and this is just another instance.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#3 Dec 28, 2011
Aren't we the ones over there attempting to rebuild their cesspool of a country at the cost of young American lives and our hard earned taxpayer money? Our recent past and current government officials from the top down are nothing but morons.
KeepGitmoOpen

Bryn Mawr, PA

#4 Dec 28, 2011
Lonewolf wrote:
Aren't we the ones over there attempting to rebuild their cesspool of a country at the cost of young American lives and our hard earned taxpayer money? Our recent past and current government officials from the top down are nothing but morons.
kind of shoots down all those war for oil idiots. Same thing went down in Iraq USA has only 10% of oil contracts
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#5 Dec 28, 2011
ISN'T THE USA STUPID?

INVESTING IN WAR TO THE TUNE OF 3-TRILLION DOLLARS IN AFGHANISTAN WITH NO RETURN ON INVESTMENTS BUT WAR PROFITS WHEN IF THIS MONEY COULD HAVE BEEN INVESTED IN SENSIBLE AREAS LIKE IN INFRASTRUCTURE THE RETURNS WOULD BE GREATER.

AMERICA SHOULD CUT THE HEADS OFF THE POLITICIANS THERE ALONG WITH THE ECONOMISTS FOR SUCH A STUPID ECONOMIC PLAN
Michele Bachmann s Flamer

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Dec 28, 2011
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>kind of shoots down all those war for oil idiots. Same thing went down in Iraq USA has only 10% of oil contracts
I guess it does in the sense that that objective of Iraqmire - securing oil for Western (US) interests turned out as badly as every other claimed objective for Iraquagmire did.

Afghanistan was somewhat different in particulars, but still a strategic and tactical mess in nearly every aspect.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 28, 2011
bottlecap wrote:
We are getting pooped on again.
Political Correctnes has produced several generations of the crummiest, most pathetic, worthless politicians the world has ever known.
The Bushes, the Clintons and Obama have involved this country in wars that have no benefit for the United States and this is just another instance.
I agree.

SUPPORT RON PAUL
VOTE for RON PAUL
UpYours

Maldon, UK

#8 Dec 29, 2011
,,,,,Americans are fumming and foaming at the mouth......
COMO

United States

#9 Dec 29, 2011
i agree with most to allof the above
1
bottlecap


Altamonte Springs, FL

We are getting pooped on again.

Political Correctnes has produced several generations of the crummiest, most pathetic, worthless politicians the world has ever known.
I TOTALLY AGREE
The Bushes, the Clintons and Obama have involved this country in wars that have no benefit for the United States and this is just another instance.
bill

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2011
if it looks like a looser, smells like a looser ITS A politically correct looser.
THE WEST IS GOING DOWN

New York, NY

#11 Dec 29, 2011
Down Down Down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China National Petroleum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News China opens gas pipe from Myanmar (Jul '13) Aug '13 Andrez Lopez 20
News China opens pipeline to bring gas from Myanmar (Jul '13) Jul '13 2 Cents 1
News UPDATE 1-Russia, China resolve oil pricing dispute (Feb '12) Feb '12 neobyzantine 1
More from around the web