Ont. woman hopes to draw attention to...

Ont. woman hopes to draw attention to Jehovah's Witness child sex abuse allegations

There are 16 comments on the CBC News story from Feb 27, 2018, titled Ont. woman hopes to draw attention to Jehovah's Witness child sex abuse allegations. In it, CBC News reports that:

Samantha Craggs is a CBC News reporter based in Hamilton, Ont. She has a particular interest in politics and social justice stories, and tweets live from Hamilton city hall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

WatchTower

Acton, Canada

#1 Feb 27, 2018
... The Hamilton woman could be a putative class member in a class action suit filed against the Jehovah's Witness organization.

This means that Edith Knox could get compensation if the class action is authorized and granted and if she proves she was ... Comment ?

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-...

Related Topix: Religion, Hamilton, ON, Ontario, Canada, Century Media Records, Music, FOX News Network, Television, Media, Fox Filmed Entertainment
The Bible Student

Bartlesville, OK

#2 Feb 27, 2018
You donít need two witnesses to have anyone arrested in the States, especially for child abuse or go to trial and have someone judged a criminal, this farce is just a ploy to make money from a Religion, by claiming abuse years ago, while in that religion.

Ex witnesses are notorious for claiming some suffering or abuse, they do this because it puts reproach on all witnesses, and makes the religion look false, the ex witness is the one who should have gone to his parents and then the police, like any normal person.
Do not believe everything you read, many ex witnesses are working for Satan the Devil, and want you to believe their lies.
rsss1

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2018
The Bible Student wrote:
You donít need two witnesses to have anyone arrested in the States, especially for child abuse or go to trial and have someone judged a criminal, this farce is just a ploy to make money from a Religion, by claiming abuse years ago, while in that religion.

Ex witnesses are notorious for claiming some suffering or abuse, they do this because it puts reproach on all witnesses, and makes the religion look false, the ex witness is the one who should have gone to his parents and then the police, like any normal person.
Do not believe everything you read, many ex witnesses are working for Satan the Devil, and want you to believe their lies.
May ex witnesses were lead out of the cult ...by the Holy Spirit ,that have learned of the lies and many many many false prophises ,and flip flopped,and learned this is no spokesman of the true God.
door 2 door

Toronto, Canada

#4 Feb 27, 2018

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5 Feb 28, 2018
OK... this two witness rule has been twisted into SUCH a bad lie.
This woman claims that the two witness rule means that two people actually need to observe the abuse.
Obviously that is ridiculous.
Witness #1 = The victim
Witness #2 = Medical professional, law enforcement, phycologist...anyone who can agree with the victim.
Spike

Wharton, NJ

#6 Feb 28, 2018
florida native wrote:
This woman claims that the two witness rule means that two people actually need to observe the abuse.
Witness #1 = The victim
Witness #2 = Medical professional, law enforcement, phycologist...anyone who can agree with the victim.
Wrong old fart. This ladys claims are on the money.
Hey did you ever get reinstated to the jw cult?
Bobby

Clinton Township, MI

#7 Mar 3, 2018
florida native wrote:
Witness #1 = The victim
Yep, exactly! They HAVE to lie because if they tell the truth, their claim immediately collapse.

False stories like this will pop up in the media more and more because they have failed at fraudulently manipulating law makers, so itís easier to prey on a largely credulous public where hardly any fact checking takes place, and where guilty until proven innocent rules in the court of public opinion.

That is what they are great at. Outright lying.
Sukhi

Brampton, Canada

#8 Mar 17, 2018
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>

Yep, exactly! They HAVE to lie because if they tell the truth, their claim immediately collapse.

False stories like this will pop up in the media more and more because they have failed at fraudulently manipulating law makers, so itís easier to prey on a largely credulous public where hardly any fact checking takes place, and where guilty until proven innocent rules in the court of public opinion.

That is what they are great at. Outright lying.
That religion is a cult

Since: Feb 07

RI

#11 Mar 17, 2018
One problem with your options, FN...Option #2 was almost never utilized by "good JWs."

A JW who had been victimized by another JW (often an elder or MS) would go to other elders, who they believe have been appointed by Holy Spirit, rather than take the matter to "worldly" authorities.

Therefore, there will be NO evidence of sexual molestation presented by a medical professional, simply because the JW victim would most likely not have gone to a medical professional at any time during the time that they were being molested, which was often more than once.

They also would not have gone to law enforcement, since they would have considered this to be a "congregation matter" and would have been loathe to "bring reproach" on Jehovah and the congregation by airing the "dirty laundry" in a "worldly" court.

And, finally, back when the majority of these cases that are now being brought to light occurred, JWs were warned NOT to go to "worldly" psychiatrists or psychologists, being told that such "worldly" professionals would damage their faith and cause them to lose their spirituality.

So, although your claim is valid, there is that huge IF with regard to Option #2, and most JWs would NEVER have gone against the "wise counsel" from their leaders and reached out to any of those "worldly" options that you list.

That leaves only ONE witness--the victim--and a JW judicial committee would have done absolutely NOTHING unless the molester confessed, which was highly unlikely. Why should they? After all, they KNEW that THEY would be believed over a child who was probably just "making things up." Or a woman who probably caused the elder to rape her because she didn't act modestly enough.

“All the best to you, in life!”

Since: Oct 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Mar 17, 2018
RedhorseWoman wrote:
A JW who had been victimized by another JW (often an elder or MS) would go to other elders, who they believe have been appointed by Holy Spirit, rather than take the matter to "worldly" authorities.
There are not authorities that are worldly that would be credible unless they were credible EYEWITNESSES.

That is the requirement the religion imposes. Without exception.

The victim "can" be considered credible, under certain circumstances, but not always. We're talking about bodies of elders here. Skilled tradesmen, for the most part, with no qualifications to be making such determinations AT ALL apart from their ridiculous claim that the holy spirit is guiding them ... somehow, mysteriously, in a way they absolutely can not explain to anyone, ever.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#13 Mar 17, 2018
AuldSoul1 wrote:
<quoted text>

There are not authorities that are worldly that would be credible unless they were credible EYEWITNESSES.

That is the requirement the religion imposes. Without exception.

The victim "can" be considered credible, under certain circumstances, but not always. We're talking about bodies of elders here. Skilled tradesmen, for the most part, with no qualifications to be making such determinations AT ALL apart from their ridiculous claim that the holy spirit is guiding them ... somehow, mysteriously, in a way they absolutely can not explain to anyone, ever.
Nonsense

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Mar 17, 2018
Sam wrote:
Nonsense
I am a survivor of sexual abuse, who was fourth generation JW both maternally and paternally, my father was Presiding Overseer in the East Albany, Georgia congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses which met at the Kingdom Hall located on US 19 South. Nearly all of my uncles and adult male relatives are either elders, or have been Circuit or District Overseers, one uncle was a Kingdom Construction Servant (back when that was still a thing), I have near relatives who have served at Brooklyn Bethel and at the Watchtower Farms in Walkill NY, and relatives who served as Gilead trained missionaries, before there ever was any building owned by the Society in Patterson.

I served as a Ministerial Servant, during which time I was also Congregation Accountant and Substitute Congregation Book Study conductor, back when that was still a thing.

I became a publisher at age four, in 1976, and at that age I also gave my first public teaching assignment in the Theocratic Ministry School. I was baptized at age 12, in 1985.

What portion of what I wrote was nonsense, Sam, and who do you present yourself to be as an authority to know anything about the matter?
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#15 Mar 18, 2018
AuldSoul1 wrote:
<quoted text>

I am a survivor of sexual abuse, who was fourth generation JW both maternally and paternally, my father was Presiding Overseer in the East Albany, Georgia congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses which met at the Kingdom Hall located on US 19 South. Nearly all of my uncles and adult male relatives are either elders, or have been Circuit or District Overseers, one uncle was a Kingdom Construction Servant (back when that was still a thing), I have near relatives who have served at Brooklyn Bethel and at the Watchtower Farms in Walkill NY, and relatives who served as Gilead trained missionaries, before there ever was any building owned by the Society in Patterson.

I served as a Ministerial Servant, during which time I was also Congregation Accountant and Substitute Congregation Book Study conductor, back when that was still a thing.

I became a publisher at age four, in 1976, and at that age I also gave my first public teaching assignment in the Theocratic Ministry School. I was baptized at age 12, in 1985.

What portion of what I wrote was nonsense, Sam, and who do you present yourself to be as an authority to know anything about the matter?
Should have never joined that cult. Dis Fellowed much better alternative. Those brothers are all sexual misfits.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Mar 18, 2018
Sam wrote:
Should have never joined that cult.
If you are referring to me, I agree. I was only 12 when I got baptized, and the book "Survival Into a New Earth," released the year before, had made perfectly clear that anyone not identified with the mark of salvation who is old enough to know right from wrong would not be spared at Armageddon.

I did not know that I would later find out the religion was built out of many decades of false prophecies, deceitful pretenses about the religion's history, deceitful misrepresentations about secular support for their doctrines, and many man-made doctrines that are not taught anywhere in the Bible.
Sam wrote:
Dis Fellowed much better alternative.
I disassociated myself.
Sam wrote:
Those brothers are all sexual misfits.
I wholeheartedly DISAGREE!

The culture is overly tolerant of certain behaviors due to a misguided and Pharisaical adherence to "the letter of the law" when it comes to eyewitnesses to sins. They overlook the weightier matters of justice and mercy.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#17 Mar 18, 2018
AuldSoul1 wrote:
<quoted text>

If you are referring to me, I agree. I was only 12 when I got baptized, and the book "Survival Into a New Earth," released the year before, had made perfectly clear that anyone not identified with the mark of salvation who is old enough to know right from wrong would not be spared at Armageddon.

I did not know that I would later find out the religion was built out of many decades of false prophecies, deceitful pretenses about the religion's history, deceitful misrepresentations about secular support for their doctrines, and many man-made doctrines that are not taught anywhere in the Bible.

<quoted text>

I disassociated myself.

<quoted text>

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE!

The culture is overly tolerant of certain behaviors due to a misguided and Pharisaical adherence to "the letter of the law" when it comes to eyewitnesses to sins. They overlook the weightier matters of justice and mercy.
End of story. The religion is a culture period. Messed up. Elders are all perverts.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#18 Mar 18, 2018
Sorry I meant cult.. Culture too but a very weird one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Century Media Records Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The party of men: Kavanaugh fight risks worseni... 7 hr Kman 1
News Mexican day laborer locked up on Rikers after c... Sep 21 Billlikestofart 4
News Trump hates - chain migration'. His in-laws use... Aug '18 White American 1
News Puerto Rican Day Parade salutes hurricane heroes Jun '18 Mitt s Polygamous... 12
News Why I finally had to quit Fox News May '18 foxinfolinkz 3
News Trump chides Giuliani to 'get his facts straigh... May '18 just saying....... 29
News Rudy Giuliani says Trump paid Michael Cohen bac... May '18 Meth Milf 39