RI residents face electric rate hikes

RI residents face electric rate hikes

There are 5 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Oct 2, 2008, titled RI residents face electric rate hikes. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

A $50 million settlement between National Grid and its biggest electricity supplier is expected to drive up rates for the utility's Rhode Island customers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

Linda

Rumford, RI

#1 Oct 2, 2008
National Grid said that although customers are facing a rate increase because of the settlement, they are better off than they would be if the company had lost in court. <<THIS IS SUCH OF B-S
Maryann

Newport, RI

#2 Oct 2, 2008
Well....the only thing I have to say about this...THE RICH KEEP GETTING RICHER AND THE POOR KEEP GETTING POORER!!!!!
Linda

Rumford, RI

#3 Oct 2, 2008
Maryann wrote:
Well....the only thing I have to say about this...THE RICH KEEP GETTING RICHER AND THE POOR KEEP GETTING POORER!!!!!
All citizens should do a strike against National Grid.
wroy

Beverly, MA

#4 Oct 3, 2008
Enough is enough! Can anyone tell me why the consumer has to foot the bill for this????
pretty_smart_n2_ funny

Rumford, RI

#5 Oct 3, 2008
Vote for a Democrat then. Republicans give free reign to big companies such as National Grid, to do whatever they want. Oh yeah, they get tax breaks too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constellation Energy Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EDF, Constellation announce deal on US reactor (Oct '10) Nov '11 Johned 11
News Construction Begins On Md.'s Largest Solar Project (Sep '11) Sep '11 eric 1
News Constellation Energy Management Says it Has a P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Trisha 1
News BGE workers to vote on unionizing (Nov '10) Dec '10 William 2
News BGE's customers to get $170 rebate -- Elections... (Apr '08) Oct '10 SJ Strategies LLC 47
News Constellation Energy Offering Residential Elect... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Skeptical 1
News Deregulation left BGE customers with higher cos... (Jan '08) Jul '10 Scott 26
More from around the web