O'Malley: Let PSC decide on Constellation deal

Full story: Baltimore Sun 14
Gov. Martin O'Malley said today that he will let the state's Public Service Commission decide whether to approve the sale of Constellation Energy Group to MidAmerican Energy . Full Story
Fabby

Woodstock, MD

#1 Sep 23, 2008
Let PSC decide ??? HAHA!!!

What like the Democrat monopoly legislature & Govs decided on 2 PREVIOUS mergers/acquisitions regarding BGE/Constellation (PEPCO & FPL) that would have ultimately SAVED the company and its jobs, and 1 of Maryland's LAST Fortune 500 companies???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

O'Malley's new campaign slogan should be... "We've made your bed for you, now go sleep in it, IN THE DARK DAMNIT!"

My 2nd choice would be "How many O'Malleys does it take to SCREW UP a light bulb?"

:-)
Dave

Baltimore, MD

#2 Sep 23, 2008
Oh yes, by all means let the Maryland PSC decide this complicated matter. I am sure O'Malley will be telling the head of the PSC and other members to really review this matter fairly and don't be influenced by his opinions (wink, wink, wink). O'Malley, Shattuck, Miller, Busch and the GA members are all responsible for the problem.
Old Timer

Falls Church, VA

#3 Sep 23, 2008
I did not know that the Governor had the ability to allow the sale. The PSC has the say but I agree with the other posters, we could be in for another rocky ride. Fasten your seat belts folks. Who knows any more they just keep pushing it on us and then tell us how good it is for us. Ya think sometime they would just leave it alone.

HELP
Southern MD JOe

AOL

#4 Sep 23, 2008
This O'Malley guy is some piece of work.How did he get in?Oh ,y this isn't a Tax Increase so he has no interest??????.
cant wait to vote him OUT.......
Southern MD JOe

AOL

#5 Sep 23, 2008
The light buld commets,now thats was good..........
Southern MD JOe

AOL

#6 Sep 23, 2008
cnat reads nor write or see very good,from souther md you know.
But we "R" not stupid.
FireTrembley

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2008
Obama is a friends with O'Malley...true story.
George from Pasadena

Brooklyn, MD

#8 Sep 23, 2008
He will only be a one term Gov. King Franchott has decided to gather up all his little minnions (Liberals) in the Peoples Republic of Montgomery County and beat him.
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

#9 Sep 23, 2008
Fabby wrote:
What like the Democrat monopoly legislature & Govs decided on 2 PREVIOUS mergers/acquisitions regarding BGE/Constellation (PEPCO & FPL) that would have ultimately SAVED the company and its jobs, and 1 of Maryland's LAST Fortune 500 companies???
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
O'Malley's new campaign slogan should be... "We've made your bed for you, now go sleep in it, IN THE DARK DAMNIT!"
My 2nd choice would be "How many O'Malleys does it take to SCREW UP a light bulb?"
Only one if you let him keep s c r e w i n g with it.
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

#10 Sep 23, 2008
The PSC won't hold up the Mid American sale because NONE OF THEM SPEAKS FRENCH!
Magicman

Porter, TX

#11 Sep 23, 2008
By taking this apporach he can push the blame to PSC if it turns out bad, or take thecredit if it works out. Typical MOM approach worry more about balme than fixing a situation.
Jesse

Woodbridge, VA

#12 Sep 23, 2008
Fabby wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Fabby, have you not read anything? Constellation would stay in Baltimore, along with the jobs and everything else.
Fabby

Woodstock, MD

#13 Sep 23, 2008
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Fabby, have you not read anything? Constellation would stay in Baltimore, along with the jobs and everything else.
If you believe that, then I have a bridge to sell you! HAHA!

Baltimore will still lose a Fortune 500 company and Maryland will get cheated out of tax revenue eventually just like the stockholders are getting cheated now. And the cost of the buyout will mean rates will ultimately go up again.

Oh, but there will definitely be cost savings eventually, errrrr, LAYOFFS down the road. Trust me or buy that bridge from me please. Oh thats right you already did the equivalent of that by voting for <30% approval rating Gov. O'Malley, the Chief Grandstander of the Poor. He loves the poor, so much so that he creates more poor people every day in office!

Oh, and I know The Sun doesn't want to admit that it ran a story saying the Ehrlich plan for CEG/BGE regarding the FPL merger and rates would have been better, but ooops, The Sun already WROTE that story. Can't put the cat back in the bag now Baltimore Sun. You've already got enough egg on your journalistic face.

Yes, truth be told... The Ehrlich plan would have prevented this mess.
Jane

Germantown, MD

#14 Sep 24, 2008
Our unpopular idiot Governor finally surfaces!

He was the one that promised that most would pay less in taxes and that only the "evil" rich would pay more. Obama is peddling the same lies. We will all directly or indirectly pay more to government under Obama. Less for you and your family and more and more for Obama and Owe'Malley.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constellation Energy Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EDF, Constellation announce deal on US reactor (Oct '10) Nov '11 Johned 11
Construction Begins On Md.'s Largest Solar Project (Sep '11) Sep '11 eric 1
Constellation Energy Management Says it Has a P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Trisha 1
BGE workers to vote on unionizing (Nov '10) Dec '10 William 2
BGE's customers to get $170 rebate -- Elections... (Apr '08) Oct '10 SJ Strategies LLC 47
Constellation Energy Offering Residential Elect... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Skeptical 1
Deregulation left BGE customers with higher cos... (Jan '08) Jul '10 Scott 26
More from around the web