Manchester Grand Hyatt loses two more conferences

Aug 31, 2008 | Posted by: StevenFL | Full story: www.gaylesbiantimes.com

The San Diego County pension board and the American Association of Law Schools last week cancelled plans to host conferences at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, while a popular local radio station hosted a thank-you party for listeners at the hotel.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Sep 2, 2008

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

#1 Aug 31, 2008
I'm all in tears!

NOT!
Len

Kinston, NC

#2 Aug 31, 2008
Maybe we should add Clearchannel to the list to boycott eh? I could think of a few other good reason they would fit a "do not listen to" action.

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

#3 Aug 31, 2008
Len wrote:
Maybe we should add Clearchannel to the list to boycott eh? I could think of a few other good reason they would fit a "do not listen to" action.
That is a splendid idea, but in some markets, including the market you live in, you would be sitting in your car and listening to nothing. Clear Channel runs the gambit in some market.

“God hates me!”

Since: May 07

West Texas, USA

#4 Aug 31, 2008
I was wondering what the difference is between us boycotting a business and the AFA boycotts.... and I think I found it:

AFA boycotts companies when they try to INCLUDE everyone into their business model.
We boycott companies that support EXCLUSION.

Did Ford, McDonald's or Hallmark give money to any anti-religious groups? NO. Did they specifically say they did not want "christians" buying their products? No. Did they give money to a political issue that would have banned some religious freedoms? NO!!!!
But the AFA boycotts them because they advertised to, sold to and donated to a group that is part of their customer base and part of the community.

We boycott Hyatt in San Diego because the owner decided that certain people, even customers of his, do not deserve the same rights as others....

Everyone see the difference?

“Equality”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#5 Aug 31, 2008
I see it Dante y was wondering the same... thak you for your post.
Mucklucky

Portland, OR

#6 Sep 2, 2008
StevenFL wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a splendid idea, but in some markets, including the market you live in, you would be sitting in your car and listening to nothing. Clear Channel runs the gambit in some market.
Ah, ever hear of Public Broadcasting? I cannot speak for every market, but our local OPB has a variety of really cool talk shows/news and the most up to date traffic. It is actually the top rated commute time radio station.

So, get off Clear Channel and get on your Public Broadcasting station.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Thu Diamond Daisy 435
Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Will Dockery 19
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Clear Channel Communications People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••