Radio Host "Gunny" Bob Newman: "Gays ...

Radio Host "Gunny" Bob Newman: "Gays In Military Increases HIV/AIDS"

There are 35 comments on the queersunited.blogspot.com story from Jan 11, 2009, titled Radio Host "Gunny" Bob Newman: "Gays In Military Increases HIV/AIDS". In it, queersunited.blogspot.com reports that:

Radio Host "Gunny" Bob Newman says that gays in the military increases HIV/AIDS, GLAAD is urging us to take action.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at queersunited.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#1 Jan 11, 2009
Actually, black people are about 60 times more likely than whites to be hiv+ or have AIDS.

HIV is primarily a black disease in the USA, not a gay disease.

And the majority of people who are hiv+ are str8, not gay.

Shouldn't black people be banned from the military according to that logic ?
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Jan 11, 2009
Most people with AIDS are straight, black women. This gays in the military causing more AIDS thing is just another scare tactic from bigoted conservatives.
Sir Andrew

Ewa Beach, HI

#3 Jan 11, 2009
Yes, everything this man said is provable false. What is not deniable, however, is that allowing Gunny Bob Newman to serve on the radio increases stupidity among a segment of the populace already seriously IQ challenged.

“I see stupid people”

Since: Dec 08

Tempe. AZ

#4 Jan 11, 2009
This is just stupid. AIDS and HIV are not gay diseases anyone can get them. There is just as much a chance of someone getting infected on the battlefield seeing as AIDS does discriminate. Not too mention the moronic view of if we repeal DADT then all the gays will be joining up and we will have one big gay army. DO they actually think repealing it will have any effect? Of course not he's a bigot playing to his conservative audience.

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Long Island, NY

#5 Jan 11, 2009
Sir Andrew wrote:
Yes, everything this man said is provable false. What is not deniable, however, is that allowing Gunny Bob Newman to serve on the radio increases stupidity among a segment of the populace already seriously IQ challenged.
lol

How true !

:)
CARLOS

San Pedro, CA

#6 Jan 11, 2009
This would not be tolerated being said about any other group.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#7 Jan 11, 2009
Tsk, Tsk, what would right wing a*holes do if there was no AM radio.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#8 Jan 11, 2009
Nevermind that having HIV would not only disqualify service members from active duty, but disqualify anyone who signs up. Also nevermind that gays already do serve in the military so what difference does it make if they serve openly?

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#9 Jan 11, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
Actually, black people are about 60 times more likely than whites to be hiv+ or have AIDS.
Not entirely accurate. According to CDC statistics, gay men and black women have almost the same rate of infection with gay men just a little ahead....may not like that statistic, but shouldn't keep anyone from dicussing the numbers accruatly.
Norm

Rochester, MA

#10 Jan 11, 2009
Him and the church should get together. They're both liars and fools.
Robin Hood

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Jan 11, 2009
Gunny Newman hasn't been in the military either.

If he had ever been in the military, he would know that every soldier goes through an intensive medical examination when entering the military. If someone had AIDS, or anything else that can't be killed with a shot, a pill, or a spray, their military career would end before it started.

Mr. Newman is scare-mongering for hate-radio dollars.

“religion is corrupt-able”

Since: Jul 07

Bloomington, IN

#12 Jan 11, 2009
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
Nevermind that having HIV would not only disqualify service members from active duty, but disqualify anyone who signs up. Also nevermind that gays already do serve in the military so what difference does it make if they serve openly?
Actually, not entirely true. A soldier who gets infected with HIV is not automatically discharged. They can be retained... but they are non-deployable and have to tell everyone they work with that they have HIV. They may not be eligible for reenlistment and a good chunk of them may get discharged. Yet, some don't.
We actually had a med dorm on my first base that housed a few people who were known to have HIV.
Blk and Str8T

Daly City, CA

#13 Jan 11, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
First of all your statement is completely false, so false in fact I need not give any proof because the TRUE numbers speak for themselves and can be found from many reputable sources.

But what gets me with the gays blatant narcissism is if somebody say gays do such and such bad, gays say no blacks are actually worse. Then if someone is not feeling or agreeing with gays idea of their "civil rights" then it's MLK fought for all of us, Coretta King wanted gays to marry so of course MLK did too.
Deceitfully trying to garner sympathy off the past to present struggles of blacks and the nations remorse for that past, but at the same time cutting blacks off at the knees when you feel appropriate..........truly a sick evil way to gain your so called rights.
Robin Hood

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Jan 11, 2009
Blk and Str8T wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all your statement is completely false, so false in fact I need not give any proof because the TRUE numbers speak for themselves and can be found from many reputable sources.
But what gets me with the gays blatant narcissism is if somebody say gays do such and such bad, gays say no blacks are actually worse. Then if someone is not feeling or agreeing with gays idea of their "civil rights" then it's MLK fought for all of us, Coretta King wanted gays to marry so of course MLK did too.
Deceitfully trying to garner sympathy off the past to present struggles of blacks and the nations remorse for that past, but at the same time cutting blacks off at the knees when you feel appropriate..........truly a sick evil way to gain your so called rights.
It is a wise man who learns from the successes of past campaigns. This is why we use the techniques taught to us by the racial equality movement of the 50s; tried and true.

We are also adopting some of the successful tactics learned from the womans' suffrage movement of the 20s. The idea for our new same-sex marriage flag was borne of womans' suffrage
http://tashian.com/makeitequal/

1noteasilyfooled

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

#15 Jan 11, 2009
he's a freakin peace time reservist!

This Retired Gunnery Sergeant of Marines just looked his sorry ass up.
Blk and Str8T

Daly City, CA

#16 Jan 11, 2009
Robin Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a wise man who learns from the successes of past campaigns. This is why we use the techniques taught to us by the racial equality movement of the 50s; tried and true.
We are also adopting some of the successful tactics learned from the womans' suffrage movement of the 20s. The idea for our new same-sex marriage flag was borne of womans' suffrage
http://tashian.com/makeitequal/
What you have considered "wise" I consider deceit. That deceit has lead to a YES ON 8 4 LIFE! vote from the very people you "wisely" call yourself borrowing from.

I see nothing "wise", all I do see is foolishness, narcissism and perpetual judicial and voter defeats.

1noteasilyfooled

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

#17 Jan 11, 2009
Blk and Str8T wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have considered "wise" I consider deceit. That deceit has lead to a YES ON 8 4 LIFE! vote from the very people you "wisely" call yourself borrowing from.
I see nothing "wise", all I do see is foolishness, narcissism and perpetual judicial and voter defeats.
and there is LIFETIME hatred for the color of your skin isnt there? You'll learn soon enough your 'vote' wont matter, will it? LMAO
Blk and Str8T

Daly City, CA

#19 Jan 11, 2009
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
<quoted text>and there is LIFETIME hatred for the color of your skin isnt there? You'll learn soon enough your 'vote' wont matter, will it? LMAO
My skin could be hated for an eternity, I could care less, just RESPECT black peoples rights(freedom etc) or get dealt with and it's always been that way with Blacks in modern times.

Notice I said voter and judicial defeats. Meaning when the vote is not enough here comes the judicial courts slapping gays clean across their face as DOMA and many other court appointed laws against your kind have done..........But "Keep the dream alive I guess".

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#20 Jan 12, 2009
Tizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, not entirely true. A soldier who gets infected with HIV is not automatically discharged. They can be retained... but they are non-deployable and have to tell everyone they work with that they have HIV. They may not be eligible for reenlistment and a good chunk of them may get discharged. Yet, some don't.
We actually had a med dorm on my first base that housed a few people who were known to have HIV.
Oh no, I wasn't saying they are universally discharged, just that yes, they are no longer deployable.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#21 Jan 12, 2009
Bob wrote:
regurgetated chunks of spam
Will everyone please report abuse on this bozzo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Aug '14 Semper Fi Forever 439
News Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
News Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
News Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
News Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
More from around the web