WERQ keeps No. 1 place in radio ratings

Full story: Baltimore Sun

FM, the urban contemporary station better known as 92Q, remained Baltimore's top-rated radio station for the second quarter of 2008, attracting nearly 10 percent of the area's listening audience, according to ...
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2008
John

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

I seriously doubt Aly and Klinger are local as Clear Channel is famous for taping DJ's from other markets.
Edd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Much of the Baltimroe market can already hear Elliott on DC101. Not sure how this will help, but thenm it IS Clear Channel.
Cassie

Owings Mills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

WERQ has a specific target audience which includes the young, urbanite who wants to listen to mostly Rap and Hip Hope. I've outgrown their playlist so outside of using them to listen to area traffic I'm forced to listen to DC stations when I want to hear any other music styles. How can the rankings be accurate when the pool is shallow and choices limited???
John

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

92Q is the #1 contributor to noise pollution
Edd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Cassie wrote:
WERQ has a specific target audience which includes the young, urbanite who wants to listen to mostly Rap and Hip Hope. I've outgrown their playlist so outside of using them to listen to area traffic I'm forced to listen to DC stations when I want to hear any other music styles. How can the rankings be accurate when the pool is shallow and choices limited???
Hmmm..no other music styles on the Baltimore dial? Lets see, there's rock, alt-rock, classic rock, singer-songwriter (album oriented) Urban Contemporary, Religious, Jazz (public radio), Claical (public radio) and adult contemporary, all on the FM dial
westmonster

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

92Q really is a terrible station.
Richard

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

The shocking part of this story is how far BAL has fallen. I grew up listening to BAL, while living in Columbia and at College PArk and still listen to it hear in Philly.
Plug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

105.7 is WHFS not WQSR. WQSR moved down the dial and changed to JACK-FM like 3 or 4 years ago.
Edd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Richard wrote:
The shocking part of this story is how far BAL has fallen. I grew up listening to BAL, while living in Columbia and at College PArk and still listen to it hear in Philly.
Two reasons. First, as bad as the orioles are, they help to boost night and weekend listenership, and BAL doesn't have em any more. And while the Ravens will give a MASSIVE boost for 20 mostly weekend days, they dont give you 6 months of steady daily listerners like baseball does. Second, the talk radio ferver of the late 80s and 90s has cooled. There are still regular listeners, but not in the massive numbers of days gone by. It's also possible that the two relatively new daytime hosts are not attracting the followings of their predecessors.
Donta

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

92q suck they will be number 1 as long as Baltimore does not support other urban station ie V-103 and X-1057. SAD

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Search the Clear Channel Communications Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Feb '14 slamer 432
Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Will Dockery 19
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
•••
•••