Pizarro: KFOX's Laurie Roberts among ...

Pizarro: KFOX's Laurie Roberts among Clear Channel's cuts

There are 11 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Jan 25, 2009, titled Pizarro: KFOX's Laurie Roberts among Clear Channel's cuts. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

The award of the week for bonehead moves has to go to Clear Channel Communications for laying off Laurie Roberts, the midday disc jockey and program director for classic rock station KUFX-FM . Roberts has been ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

Adam

Kelseyville, CA

#1 Jan 30, 2009
holy shit!! I can't believe she is gone! I was supposed to meet her! I hope she has good luck in whatever she does!
Scott

Brisbane, CA

#2 Feb 10, 2009
They should of kept Laurie and fired the clowns on the morning show. They are boring and dumb.
JimS

Vernalis, CA

#3 Feb 11, 2009
I've listened to Laurie since she started at KOME and she's always been one of my favorites.I've nothing against Chris Jackson (he's better than Greg Kinh) but miss the sparkle that Laurie added. Big mistake, Clear Channel!!

Laurie, I WISH YOU WELL!!
Long time Scotts Valley listener, Jim
LJS San Jose

San Jose, CA

#4 Feb 21, 2009
Laurie!
I will miss your Love for the Beatles and playing their music all the time.
I will miss your eletters to KFOX listeners...they were personal and very imformative
I will miss your cheerful attitude, even when filling in on a holiday.
One door closes and another will open.
Caveat Lector

Suisun City, CA

#5 Feb 21, 2009
Clear Channel has made many boneheaded decisions like this.

They have many stations where they fired everyone and all the music is done through a central location. You get a computerised voice that tells you the name of the song and artist.

I try not to listen to any Clear Channel station.
ron bartholow

Gilroy, CA

#6 Mar 6, 2009
who's going to put one on the shelf for Lefty now?
RA Walker - Gilroy

San Jose, CA

#7 Mar 23, 2009
I thought Laurie Roberts was pretty much the best DJ at KFOX. I always enjoyed her interaction with both Greg Kihn and Tim Jeffries. She always had interesting stores about different rock artists and had great taste in music. I hate Clear Channel. If this is indicative of the way they run their company, I doubt they'll be in business for long!
Joy

Mountain View, CA

#8 Apr 4, 2009
How shortsighted of the corporate morons to unleash a great DJ/announcer like Roberts. Now when she works miracles for some innane station in East Bumfu$@ they're going to act shocked. I hope our classic rock venue survives the brilliance of it's higher ups.
annie

Sunnyvale, CA

#9 May 16, 2009
Letting Laurie Roberts go is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. The person in her place ssucks
Dan

Sunnyvale, CA

#11 Jul 5, 2009
Laurie will take alot of personality from that station.She is now with a good family. I can remember names like her's,Dana Jang and Jona Denz made a station you wanted to listen to becauuse these people were at the controls when you turned on the radio. Good Luck and welcome.Please try to play some of the same music you used to; if the bosses let you.
Adam Tovar

Oakland, CA

#13 Dec 27, 2009
Farnsworth:Good News Every one! Laurie Roberts can now be Heard on 2 Stations, KHIP Out of Monterey & KBAY of San Jose! Both stations are Fortunate to have her!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Nov '17 really surprised 442
News SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
News Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
News Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
News Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1