Perry and Price dominate

Aug 2, 2008 Read more: Honolulu Star-Bulletin 74
The morning radio show hosted by Michael W. Perry and Larry Price is No. 1 again in the Arbitron ratings for Honolulu. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
denny

Honolulu, HI

#71 Aug 4, 2008
alice is a woman of culture and as such she listens only to HPR
Bertha Butt

Honolulu, HI

#72 Aug 4, 2008
P & P are really annoying, except if you enjoy listening to them perform on-line fellatio of their corporate sponsors
alice

Honolulu, HI

#73 Aug 4, 2008
bertha is spot on right
Samantha

Wailuku, HI

#74 Aug 4, 2008
Username wrote:
I think P&P are ok. For what we have here I guess. The rock station is solid ever since they got rid of that fake-laughing Dave Lawrence guy. Though the two most idiotic stations has to be that rap one somewhere around 100, and that HRP or HPR channel. Pure shibai and rubbish. If you listen to that, you simply are not that bright, have no common sense, and can't think for yourself.
Username is spot-on regarding HPR.
Samantha

Wailuku, HI

#75 Aug 4, 2008
alice, what ever happened to that HPD complaint you were going to make?

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Since: Dec 07

Honolulu, HI

#76 Aug 5, 2008
gimme a break wrote:
where is public radio on this? HPR gets a very broad market. Maybe since they are non-profit arbitron didn't include it.
Too cerebral for most...same reason why Time Magazine has a wider readership than the Atlantic Monthly.

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Honolulu, HI

#77 Aug 5, 2008
Mahu wrote:
<quoted text>HPR is conservative? No, Rush Limbaugh is conservative. Ther are no conservatives on HPR. Who are they?
I can't wait for the Democrats to bring up and pass the "Fair Doctrine" law again and perhaps pass it into law. Beware of what you wish for. There are more Liberal TV and radio stations on the air. I can't wait for Rush Limabaugh and Mike Savage to debue on HPR! Equal time?! Yeah, baby!
The editorial slant of NPR is left of center, but they should be lauded for striving for balance in that they typically have opposing viewpoints, similar to McNeil/Lehrer Newshour, now just the latter. At least they have ombudsmen to try to police themselves.

Fox is NOT fair and balanced, but they are balancing in that they provide an outlet for the conservative viewpoint. What is disappointing insofar as their editorial policy is that they've given up trying to achieve a measure of balance and wear their affiliation on their sleeve. Again, it brings balance but striving for it is still worthwhile.

Those dolts like Hannity and Coulter are provacateurs who attract people interested in reinforcing their assumptions, not critical thinking. Ever wonder why Limbaugh attracts more listeners than the right's real thought leaders like Buckley did, or even Perle or Fukuyama? Limbaugh has a brain but chooses to appeal to lowest common denominators...good business decision on his part...but he could choose to elevate the discussion if he wanted to.
REAL

Kaneohe, HI

#79 Aug 5, 2008
REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Dr. Larry Price earned his Ph.D from the Hawaii Pacific University in Downtown Honolulu and is an instructor or lecturer there.
Sorry made a mistake, my data was incorrect. I believe he has had Ph.D. Here's how Midweek introduces Larry Price in his weekly Midweek Column:

The Right Price reflects Larry Priceís views on political issues facing the state of Hawaii, and the nation. Larry Price is the co-host of the morning drive Perry and Price Show on KSSK, and a professor in residence of the MBA Program at Chaminade University of Honolulu.
REAL

Kaneohe, HI

#80 Aug 5, 2008
From Wikipedia...Larry Price attended President Theodore Roosevelt High School in Honolulu. Price holds several college degrees: a Bachelor of Science degree in 1967 and Master of Business Administration in 1971 from the University of Hawaii at Manoa. He also holds a 1985 Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Southern California and completed post-doctoral work at Stanford University from 1997 to 2003.[5] He continues to teach as MBA professor at Chaminade University of Honolulu.[6]
MabuhayPinoy

Honolulu, HI

#81 Aug 5, 2008
Itís a bird! Itís a plane, Itís a log. Not bird, nor plane, or even a log. Itís a little; Katoosh!

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Honolulu, HI

#82 Aug 5, 2008
REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry made a mistake, my data was incorrect. I believe he has had Ph.D. Here's how Midweek introduces Larry Price in his weekly Midweek Column:
The Right Price reflects Larry Priceís views on political issues facing the state of Hawaii, and the nation. Larry Price is the co-host of the morning drive Perry and Price Show on KSSK, and a professor in residence of the MBA Program at Chaminade University of Honolulu.
If you listen long enough, you figure out that Prince is the smarter one of the two by a good margin. He sounds like an oaf but I think that's just his shtick. Perry is more of a knee-jerk reactionary who sometimes doesn't see beyond the obivous, and is definately the more emotional of the two.

Alice Cooper on Big Kahuna has been the radio personality to listen to lately, if you like classic rock. Odd, but true.

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Honolulu, HI

#83 Aug 5, 2008
MabuhayPinoy wrote:
Itís a bird! Itís a plane, Itís a log. Not bird, nor plane, or even a log. Itís a little; Katoosh!
No way...it's....CHICKEN MAAAAAAANNNNN!
Username

Honolulu, HI

#84 Aug 5, 2008
Lork wrote:
<quoted text>
If you listen long enough, you figure out that Prince is the smarter one of the two by a good margin. He sounds like an oaf but I think that's just his shtick. Perry is more of a knee-jerk reactionary who sometimes doesn't see beyond the obivous, and is definately the more emotional of the two.
Alice Cooper on Big Kahuna has been the radio personality to listen to lately, if you like classic rock. Odd, but true.
Agree with this post big time.

Price is in fact smarter, Perry knows it, and that's how they play it out. Price with the one line statements, Perry with the obvious responses in question form. It works well for them.

And Alice Cooper is solid. So is his music. And the chick in the afternoon? Waaaay better than Dave L.

Thank you Lork for a spot-on post.
HI Style

Waianae, HI

#85 Aug 5, 2008
Perry and Price dominate??? Dominate what??? Spreading their right wing propaganda!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Aug '14 Semper Fi Forever 439
News Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
News Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
News Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
News Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
News SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Will Dockery 19
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
More from around the web