Perry and Price dominate

The morning radio show hosted by Michael W. Perry and Larry Price is No. 1 again in the Arbitron ratings for Honolulu. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Talk show ex-fan

Ewa Beach, HI

#1 Aug 2, 2008
Nice to see that KHVH is no longer in the top 10. Their rude talk show hosts are driving listeners far far away to other stations.
Paradise

Newark, CA

#2 Aug 2, 2008
Talk show ex-fan wrote:
Nice to see that KHVH is no longer in the top 10. Their rude talk show hosts are driving listeners far far away to other stations.
That makes perfect sense.

The top rated radio programs in the country are the lowest rated in Hawaii.

Hawaii is different.

They listen to people who can't speak proper English like Larry Price and actually prefer it. Just like the Blacks and ebonics. Hawaii is very similar American blacks in that sense and many others.
gimme a break

Honolulu, HI

#3 Aug 2, 2008
where is public radio on this? HPR gets a very broad market. Maybe since they are non-profit arbitron didn't include it.
kalima

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Aug 2, 2008
its no wonder p&p are still number one. the pickings of radio stations in hawaii are the worst in the country.
Fat Broad

Honolulu, HI

#5 Aug 2, 2008
Perry and Price are morons. Do not waste your time listening to these cretins.
Shogun

AOL

#6 Aug 2, 2008
Perry & Price all advertisement all the time. I always wonder what station they listen to while their taped ads play all morning long.
Windwardguy

Honolulu, HI

#7 Aug 2, 2008
Fat Broad wrote:
Perry and Price are morons. Do not waste your time listening to these cretins.
Agreed. They're the "local version" of right-wing broadcast idiots like Limbaugh, Savage, Malkin, and the rest of the Clear Channel propaganda machine. I refuse to listen to any of them.

For me, it's KHPR or KIPO; all the other stations insult their listeners' intelligence.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#8 Aug 2, 2008
Windwardguy is spot-on right. I only listen to HPR. Perry and price are an embarrassment.
WestSide

Honolulu, HI

#9 Aug 2, 2008
Watch out folks, your democrat is showing!!!

God forbid someone would exhibit a right wing tendancy here in Hawaii. We need someone to balance the tree huggers!!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#10 Aug 2, 2008
West side...no hon. We deplroe the lack of depth in perry and price..not their poltiics. HPR is the only hope for intelligence on the vapid air waves.
discriminating listener

United States

#12 Aug 2, 2008
The only reason anyone listens to P & P is familiarity and lack of interest in trying anything other than what we're already accustomed to. Also, Hawaii has some of the worst radio staitons in the country, so they stand out in that way, too...the best(?) of a bad lot.

Try listening to KTUH of Public Radio if you want anything even slightly out of the mainstream.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#13 Aug 2, 2008
I agree..I only listen to HPR.
Dennis Erectus

Honolulu, HI

#15 Aug 2, 2008
That new jock on KPOI sounds good.
True AOR sound. The music is much better too. There is much less of the BTO, Cars stuff and more
real rock.
Dennis Erectus

Honolulu, HI

#16 Aug 2, 2008
Shogun wrote:
Perry & Price all advertisement all the time. I always wonder what station they listen to while their taped ads play all morning long.
Oh so true. A four hour commercial.
Dennis Erectus

Honolulu, HI

#17 Aug 2, 2008
kalima wrote:
its no wonder p&p are still number one. the pickings of radio stations in hawaii are the worst in the country.
We need a news talk like KGO in SFand News station like KCBS.
kam36

Waipahu, HI

#18 Aug 2, 2008
Dennis Erectus wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a news talk like KGO in SFand News station like KCBS.
KGO is great! Something like that here would never bring in enough listeners. People here seem to only enjoy listening to people that make fools of themselves or outdated hip-hop. Talk radio is one thing...the music stations are even worse.
mahealani

Worth, IL

#19 Aug 2, 2008
alice wrote:
West side...no hon. We deplroe the lack of depth in perry and price..not their poltiics. HPR is the only hope for intelligence on the vapid air waves.
go back to school and learn how to spell
Marauder

Wailuku, HI

#20 Aug 2, 2008
People tune in to Perry and Price during disasters because they provide up-to-date information. Remember their marathon session after the earthquake? They provided a great service not only for Oahu, but the entire state. So what if they throw some pidgin into their broadcast. When you need critical, updated information, who cares.

Since: Jul 08

Camp Coiner

#21 Aug 2, 2008
There is a good side to P&P, it's the posse...there are a lot of eyes and ears on the road and they all got phones, especially in the morning... they catch more crooks than the lazy, rudy poo cops.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#22 Aug 2, 2008
Marauder is right in what he/she says. P and P do the best (only) emergency coverage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Aug '14 Semper Fi Forever 439
News Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
News Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
News Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
News Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
News SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Will Dockery 19
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
More from around the web