Red Wolf Broadcasting Buys Hartford-B...

Red Wolf Broadcasting Buys Hartford-Based Radio Station From Cl...

There are 31 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 13, 2009, titled Red Wolf Broadcasting Buys Hartford-Based Radio Station From Cl.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

WURH is out and WMRQ is back, but the call number remains the same - 104.1. Red Wolf Broadcasting of Ledyard on Wednesday finalized its purchase of Hartford-based WURH-FM 104.1 from Clear Channel Communications and began broadcasting under a former set of call letters, WMRQ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
emily

Ellington, CT

#21 May 14, 2009
i can't think of a worse description of a radio station that would possibly want to make me listen to it less.
Noooo

Pleasanton, CA

#22 May 14, 2009
I discovered WURH about a year ago and really liked it. It was the only radio station I could stand listening to during the commute because they actually played music.

I am sad. I hope the new owners don't mess with it too much.
when in new haven

Gales Ferry, CT

#23 May 14, 2009
The worst am rock radio show is
in New Haven. 99.1 wplr. Those
guys SUCK!!! I turn off my radio
and listen to the sound of my engine
rather than listen to that sad,sad
show. Used to be such a good station.
Bring back SMITH AND BARBER!!!!!!
unreal

United States

#24 May 15, 2009
Noooo wrote:
I discovered WURH about a year ago and really liked it. It was the only radio station I could stand listening to during the commute because they actually played music.
I am sad. I hope the new owners don't mess with it too much.
I listened when there were no DJ, then Dark-side-Dave, then Jake & Beth, then they secretly dumped Jake and picked up Dee then in one day switched to a hip-hop, I almost deleted 104.1 from my radio's preset buttons - it has been good with their return to alternative music w/minimal DJ chatter but yeah they tend to repeat certain popular songs too much. Most morning shows suck, they're just a bunch of talking heads that think they're so funny. Keep the music rolling (I don't want to have to buy satellite)!
Mark the Shark

Ramsey, NJ

#25 May 15, 2009
TrueRadioFreak wrote:
<quoted text>
So wrong.
None of these 'deejays' were any good and they ALL followed the SAME pattern.
Just keep em' off the air and play more music. I'll even listen to more commercials if they can keep these parrots off the air.
Agreed all music is the best, but those guys actually tried to be funny. They were still much better than that schmucko Gary Graig and that degenerate gambler Sebastain who is only back on the air now to push his "gambling picks" webstie
Budman

Enfield, CT

#26 May 15, 2009
I was there when WMRQ was launched by Cary Paul and company. In fact I was the first sales manager. With Jake, Gina, Kevin and the original DJs that station rocked.

I think they got it right bringing back the call letters and live DJs. But it IS all about the music. And the larger the playlist the better.

It's like an old friend came home. Welcome back Radio 104.1!
Devin

Peterborough, NH

#27 May 15, 2009
Bring back the original radio 104 crew...Gina, Jake, Race, and Kevin.
Wes

United States

#28 May 17, 2009
I'm very glad to see that Radio 104 has a new life and it is no longer owned by the Clearchannel conglomerate.

I like the fact that there will now be live humans talking on the air now instead of 100% pre-recorded messages. Hopefully they will able to keep the talking to a moderate level.

Yeah, terrestrial radio isn't as great as it was decades ago, but I would rather listen to it than pay yet another bill so that I can have satellite radio. Isn't it nice to know that some things are still free?... enjoy it while it lasts.

If I recall correctly, Dee Snider's morning show was really lame. I have to admit I listened to it regularly because it was the least lame morning show in the radio market at the time.

The new radio 104 is promising to have an advisory board made up of listeners from the area. Hopefully this will make them more responsive to the concerns that have been voiced here about programming and DJs.
Ron

Old Saybrook, CT

#29 May 18, 2009
AGREE with Hunter S Thompson of Bethany, CT.
The Jake & Beth morning show was THE BEST morning radio in Hartford in MANY *MANY* years...as a listener and a radio person myself ;)
-R
abjr

Meriden, CT

#30 May 19, 2009
....and they're ruining it already. That stupid voice in the bumpers/promos makes me want to change the station every time I hear it.
slim

Hartford, CT

#31 Jun 25, 2009
For the last few days the music on 104.1 has been covered with fuzzy static like I am out of range but I am in Hartford and the station has always sounded fine. What gives?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Aug '14 Semper Fi Forever 439
News Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
News Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
News Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
News Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
More from around the web