Clear Channel, lenders resolve buyout...

Clear Channel, lenders resolve buyout dispute

There are 12 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 14, 2008, titled Clear Channel, lenders resolve buyout dispute. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

NEW YORK Clear Channel Communications Inc. said late yesterday it has resolved a legal dispute with its lenders, clearing the way for its prospective buyers to take the radio and outdoor advertising company ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

get real

Honolulu, HI

#1 May 14, 2008
overated....
massiveconsumer

Kaneohe, HI

#2 May 14, 2008
Where's Target when we need them?
One voice

Honolulu, HI

#5 May 14, 2008
About three weeks after Nordstrom's opened I decided to visit to find something to wear to a party. I went into several departments and not once was met by a person interested in serving me. Indeed, the store was nearly empty. I guessed I did not fit the "ideal Nordstrom model shopper" look. I am an islander of caucasian descent, well dressed and clean and tried to engage the attention of the clerks in each department. I felt ignored and unwelcome and I left to go to Macy's where I spent nearly $600.00 for items I probably could have bought at Nordstrom. Customer Service is still key to success in the retail and hospitality businesses, I believe.
bad decision

Koloa, HI

#6 May 14, 2008
he will never change just wait an d see
get real

Honolulu, HI

#7 May 14, 2008
massiveconsumer wrote:
Where's Target when we need them?
nah! bring back cornets and wigwam!

no better yet,...ARAKAWA'S!!
leimana

Fremont, CA

#8 May 14, 2008
Hope business picks up I feel sorry for anybody who loses there jobs.

Since: Mar 08

Irvine, CA

#9 May 15, 2008
As a retired senior, I felt that I did not need the 'pseudo mantle of the finer materialistic goods'. I was not on an ego trip. Macy's (nee Liberty House), J.C. Penny's and even Sears were becoming more 'high ended'. Thus with the current economic crisis, is it a wonder that Nordstrom laid off employees? It's the economy!!
Mahu

United States

#10 May 15, 2008
I still remember this story in the Wall Street Journal about 20 years ago. An elderly lady goes into a Nordstrom's and tries to return a tire. The clerk says, "We don't sell tires so I cannot give you a refund." The conversation goes around in circles for a few minutes and the manager comes up and asks the lady how he can help. She explains again that she wants to return these this tire(s) that she bought. He asks her how much did she pay. She says something like $51.92. The manager tells te clerk to pay her $51.92. The clerk protests and says we don't sell tires. The manager replies, "Yes, but this is Nordstrom's." And the women was paid $51.92.

The amount is insignificant but the story has become legend. Even Snopes can't verify it anymore http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/nords...
Mahu

United States

#11 May 15, 2008
I tend to believe it because I had a similar experience. I went into a Nordstrom's at The Emporium in San Francisco many years ago and tried to buy some nice deck shoes. I tried on some Timberlines which, at the time were high end at $90. I decided to get a generic pair at about $60 but it didn't quite fit. They didn't have the exact size I was accustomed to but I got them anyway. I gave them my old pair and walk out with my new shoes on. As I was trying to get accustomed to the shoes as I walk around the mall, it felt tight and I knew I was going to have problems. So I went back to Nordstrom's and said give me the Timberlines and I'll pay for the upgrade. The salesperson said, "Since we didn't have the correct size for the brand of shoes you bought, we'll just give you a straight trade and give you the Timberlines at no additional cost."

No, I don't work for Nordstrom's and nor do I have family working for them. I became a believer since then.

But as with all good things, there are people who would abuse this policy so I don't think they may be as freely generous as they were then. But my word of mouth free advertising probably was worth more than the $30 it cost them.
Mahu

United States

#12 May 15, 2008
Small gestures such as the above can be worth millions in free advertising. That is called customer service and that is how you build loyalty.

I haven't had a chance to visit the new store yet so I hope I'm not disappointed with the service.

I remember buying a new suit at Liberty House many years ago. It was a Hicky Freeman for those of you who know. Here I am spending several hundred dollars and I wanted the saleperson to help me pick out a shirt, tie, belt and even shoes. And can you believe he says, "Oh, that's not my department. You have to go over there to get your other items. I only sell suits.

Unbelieveable!

Now I have my own haberdasher to give me service.
keola

Honolulu, HI

#13 May 15, 2008
Where are all the leeches we seen on tv who went to grab all the freebies at the grand opening...they didnt come back to shop????...i visited the store...it was nice...but the nordstrom rack had the same clothes with a lower price...didnt make sense/cents to buy from there...i do frequent the marketplace cafe...the food is great...the price kinda high but its ONO...and the service is good...so good u wanna tip...

Since: Mar 08

Irvine, CA

#14 May 15, 2008
The more knowledgeable traveler goes to Southern California and Las Vegas with an empty suitcase and shops for 'name brand' products at the many outlet centers. There is an excellent outlet mall near Legoland in Southern California(Bose, New Balance, Levis, Tommy Hilfiger, to name a few). The products are not 'seconds' nor 'irregular'. Why pay more for the same qualitied product at Nordstrom's or any other 'higher end' establishment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Aug '14 Semper Fi Forever 439
News Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
News Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
News Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
News Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
More from around the web