Radio industry giant Clear Channel cu...

Radio industry giant Clear Channel cuts 1,850 jobs, or 9 percen...

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 20, 2009, titled Radio industry giant Clear Channel cuts 1,850 jobs, or 9 percen.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Clear Channel Communications Inc. is laying off 1,850 employees as the nation's largest owner of radio stations grapples with the economic meltdown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Longstaff

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2009
Who cares what Queer Channel does. If they fail, the nation will be a better place...so perhaps I should say, who cares what Queer Channel does....as long as it dies a well deserved death!
Longstaff

United States

#2 Jan 20, 2009
Who cares what KKKlear Channel does. If they fail, the nation will be a better place...so perhaps I should say, who cares what KKK Klear Channel does....as long as it dies a well deserved death!
Hey Now

Englishtown, NJ

#3 Jan 21, 2009
I bet you one dollar Howierd will be talking about this in the morning.
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#5 Jan 21, 2009
Hey Now wrote:
I bet you one dollar Howierd will be talking about this in the morning.
If anything, Howierd should be worring about how Mel Mel Karmazin is going to keep the Sirius-XM aflot, especially with and 11 cent stock price and lots of debt to pay in 2009...
WIFI Computer

White Plains, NY

#6 Jan 21, 2009
WHAT is this "radio" they keep referring too?

Do they mean that little black box grandpa used to listen to the Dodgers on?
GEO

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2009
Why is it that every company is laying off and the Govt isnt? But they complain they have no money.. Hmm

We are all in this together,The more Layoffs we have the less people will spend at your company! Ahh that means your companys profits will go down, What will that mean?

When is Aetna Laying off - They have plenty of Excess HIB workers foating around from India.
CC Ruined Radio

United States

#8 Jan 21, 2009
That means even fewer people manning the already automated local stations. God help us in a time of emergency.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Aug '14 Semper Fi Forever 439
News Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
News Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
News Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
News Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
More from around the web