KSSK maintains its grip on top of radio ratings - Hawaii Business

Three-fourths of Oahu radio listeners do not listen to Michael W. Perry and Larry Price's morning show on KSSK-FM 92.3/AM 590 -- but once again, harking back to earlier days in their 26-year run, 25 percent of morning radio listeners are tuned in to the divergent duo. Full Story
EwaKid

United States

#1 Oct 17, 2009
This article fails to mention how the results were accumulated. Are people contacted by mail to vote? Is it done by random phone polling? How about some insight please.
Westsideray

Waipahu, HI

#2 Oct 17, 2009
10. KPOI-FM 105.9 4.0 3.0 (14t)

Should be number 20. Same junk songs over and over again. Even when they were other stations. They play these songs just so people would get sick of them.

Jack n Diane
Life in the fastlane
Baracuda
Hotel California

Sick of 105.9
dude

Princeville, HI

#3 Oct 17, 2009
Westsideray wrote:
10. KPOI-FM 105.9 4.0 3.0 (14t)
Should be number 20. Same junk songs over and over again. Even when they were other stations. They play these songs just so people would get sick of them.
Jack n Diane
Life in the fastlane
Baracuda
Hotel California
Sick of 105.9
Thats what many of the stations do and I hate it!!!
OMGWTF

Honolulu, HI

#4 Oct 17, 2009
the article states that the station had over 33% rating in the late 80's and now it's only about 25%. to me it's aging perry who's becoming more and more like limbaugh as he gets older that's turning off the listeners. get rid of him and 'illerate' price, who can barely speak or read english, and you may see a rise.
KCCN failing fast

Kailua Kona, HI

#5 Oct 17, 2009
If you think KCCN has dropped now then wait till the ratings come out with the new morning show with the comedian.
That will be the real drop!
alice

Hanalei, HI

#6 Oct 17, 2009
I only listen to public radio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Channel Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brother Wease returns to airwaves on WFXF, 95.1... (Feb '08) Aug '14 Semper Fi Forever 439
Darryl Parks fired by Clear Channel (Nov '13) Nov '13 Kelley Loetscher 1
Clear Channel eliminates Orlando-area traffic r... (Nov '07) Mar '13 Keith Williams 23
Media Decoder Blog: WOR-AM, Prominent New York ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Trenchpress 1
Morning man Matthews out at B104, station says (Sep '06) Jun '12 DCD 215
SHE 103.5 FM Is No Longer 'Only Rock and Roll,'... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Will Dockery 19
Old Management Postings? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Biz student 1
More from around the web