Customers grow less satisfied with their banks

Consumers continue to grow less satisfied with their banks, particularly when it comes to fees, customer focus and personal attention, according to a new annual study released Tuesday. Full Story
Stuff the mattress

Chicago, IL

#1 May 19, 2009
Of course we're dissatisfied. All of the banks are being taken over by other banks. I had WaMu, now it's Chase. If I wanted to bank at Chase I wouldn't have opened the account at WaMu. Now I'm banking with B of A.
HANGMAN

Chicago, IL

#2 May 19, 2009
Charter Oe bank is number 1 in my book.
POed customer

Chicago, IL

#3 May 19, 2009
It is no wonder that people are fed up with banks when the local Bank and Trust electronicly cashes the same check number twice for the phone co. on two different days and then charges to undo their mistake. Eletronicly cashing checks is fine but they should be required to return the canceled check so you have a record of what was done and when.
Why Cry Now

AOL

#4 May 19, 2009
Good Call. Washington Mutual was a user-friendly neighborhood bank where
you went in and transacted your business with a teller face to face.
She deposited your money in a slot or
you whitdrew your money by typing a
5-digit code into the cash dispenser.
The new owner Chase is going to put
the tellers behind the tradition
window and make you stand in line(s)
while they complete your transactions.
No more friendliness or interaction.
And they closed a lot of Wa-Mu branches evenif there were no Chases
branches nearby. And to think that the
Federal government paid them to do this. Mebbe we should mosey on down to
Harris Bank and see what they are
offering. Hopefully at least they won't be impersonal and have long waits between you and your money.
sowhat

Northbrook, IL

#5 May 19, 2009
HANGMAN wrote:
Charter Oe bank is number 1 in my book.
I suppose you weren't referring to Charter One, which is a different matter.

That bank is so dumb that it was calling certificates of deposit when other banks had higher rates. Do you think I let Charter One automatically reinvest that CD? As I told the teller, if you wanted my business, the bank shouldn't have called it.

Also, it is part of the Royal Bank of Scotland, which the Brits had to bail out. At least it was the British, not Americans. This was the third change in ownership since I had put my money into Liberty Federal.

Since the federal government owns a good portion of our banks, maybe the taxpayers, as owners, can get the banks to behave a bit better.
b manley

Chicago, IL

#6 May 19, 2009
I happily pulled my money from the bank Bill Maher happily refers to as SKANK OF AMERICA and put it in a Credit Union (DuPage Credit Union). ANYONE can join a credit union. The fees are much more fair. The rates are superior. I haven't had a regret. One of the best decisions of my life.
Huggy Bear

Fond Du Lac, WI

#7 May 19, 2009
I have been with different credit unions for over 50 years and can say that they were all better than any bank I was ever a customer of. They have everything a bank can offer except the high fees. Look into them, you won't regret it.
Observer

Canton, IL

#8 May 19, 2009
The evidence is pretty clear. Banks are run by stupid, greedy, people who seem to have flunked Economics 101. Credit Unions are the only way to go if you do not want to be gouged to death by nickle and dime fees and crummy service.
Pat

United States

#9 May 19, 2009
That's what happens when everyone views the banks as the same. Get rid of the FDIC "insurance" so that banks actually have to care. How do you "insure" something that is inherently uninsurable?
aug

Geneva, IL

#10 May 19, 2009
Most Credit Unions and community banks are far superior to all these huge banks that are getting bailed out. I'll never leave my community bank and can't understand why anyone would want to use Harris, US Bank, Chase, etc... all I hear are complaints about them! Give me a bank where a real person answers the phone when I call!
Dick

Orland Park, IL

#11 May 19, 2009
Bloodsucking legal loansharks that exist on fees.
Amen

Ashburn, VA

#13 May 19, 2009
aug wrote:
Most Credit Unions and community banks are far superior to all these huge banks that are getting bailed out. I'll never leave my community bank and can't understand why anyone would want to use Harris, US Bank, Chase, etc... all I hear are complaints about them! Give me a bank where a real person answers the phone when I call!
You hit it right on the head. Community banks and credit unions provide much better service and support. I have banked with a local community bank for 9 years since I left my job at one of those mega-banks and went to work in another industry.
Dick Do Nothing Durbin

United States

#14 May 19, 2009
Yes, freezing home equity lines of credit does wonders for customer satisfaction.
Joe

Chicago, IL

#15 May 19, 2009
If you access to a Credit Union, switch now! They have better rates and their customer service is better.

“http://tinyurl.c om/dgnlyl”

Since: May 08

Buffalo Grove, IL - HR-676!!!

#16 May 19, 2009
Why Cry Now wrote:
Good Call. Washington Mutual was a user-friendly neighborhood bank where
you went in and transacted your business with a teller face to face.
She deposited your money in a slot or
you whitdrew your money by typing a
5-digit code into the cash dispenser.
The new owner Chase is going to put
the tellers behind the tradition
window and make you stand in line(s)
while they complete your transactions.
No more friendliness or interaction.
And they closed a lot of Wa-Mu branches evenif there were no Chases
branches nearby. And to think that the
Federal government paid them to do this. Mebbe we should mosey on down to
Harris Bank and see what they are
offering. Hopefully at least they won't be impersonal and have long waits between you and your money.
I've banked with Harris for 15+ years, and have never had issues or problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Commerce Bancshares Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frank will recognize UMB, Commerce Bank in Kans... (Apr '10) Apr '10 hal 1
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. Announces Results From A... (May '08) May '08 Paul 2
the Closing Bell: Dow hits six-year high on wea... (May '06) May '06 foxxes 1

Commerce Bancshares People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE