Cracker Barrel plans roll out

Cracker Barrel plans roll out

There are 17 comments on the www.state-journal.com story from Jun 11, 2010, titled Cracker Barrel plans roll out. In it, www.state-journal.com reports that:

A Cracker Barrel official has filed a development plan application with the Franklin County planning and zoning office, according to county Planning Director Robert Hewitt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.state-journal.com.

James T

Frankfort, KY

#1 Jun 11, 2010
I'd rather see a Golden Coral myself but Cracker Barrel will be a welcome addition to Frankfort.
Ferledon

Frankfort, KY

#2 Jun 11, 2010
Still won't happen... damn committee won't let em have their sign next to the highway.

And they wonder why we go out of town half the time, damn rules too strict imo.

“Give back to your community!”

Since: Jul 07

Frankfort, KY

#3 Jun 11, 2010
Ferledon wrote:
Still won't happen... damn committee won't let em have their sign next to the highway.
And they wonder why we go out of town half the time, damn rules too strict imo.
Indeed, Ferledon, indeed but it will eventually happen after five years of bickering about the signage as you suggested.

Yes, the "damn rules"....the overly anal damn rules, imho. The leadership of this town needs to lighten up and relax a few ordinances.
cobra

Frankfort, KY

#4 Jun 12, 2010
You're right, RobertJF!
The rules, regulations and the attitude about their enforcement has far surpassed the stage of rediculous.
I don't understand why the public has so apathetically allowed this to happen. Well, if people aren't active enough to express their opinion at city hall, fiscal court or the voting booth, they deserve anything they get!

“Give back to your community!”

Since: Jul 07

Frankfort, KY

#5 Jun 12, 2010
cobra wrote:
You're right, RobertJF!
The rules, regulations and the attitude about their enforcement has far surpassed the stage of rediculous.
I don't understand why the public has so apathetically allowed this to happen. Well, if people aren't active enough to express their opinion at city hall, fiscal court or the voting booth, they deserve anything they get!
A spot-on assessment!

I recall an article that appeared in the SJ, or perhaps it was the Lexington HL, where Frankfort was declared unfriendly to small businesses. I have since forgotten most of the particulars of the story (2+ years ago) but it covered what you stated.

Cracker Barrel is not a small business entity, obviously, but they will be tossed through the same idiot regulatory hoops.

'No, we are sorry to inform you that your sign is 0.004 millimeters too wide. Your sign support should be green instead of brown and anchored with round head bolting as opposed the hex head bolting. Welcome to Frankfort!'
Ferledon

Frankfort, KY

#6 Jun 12, 2010
A major issue, is majority of the committee is over anal over 'Ensuring our Historic Property'. Even tho we just bulldozed over several acres next to the highway on the east side. And too much of that land still sits undeveloped!
Skull-n-crossbon es

Frankfort, KY

#7 Jun 13, 2010
Ferledon wrote:
A major issue, is majority of the committee is over anal over 'Ensuring our Historic Property'. Even tho we just bulldozed over several acres next to the highway on the east side. And too much of that land still sits undeveloped!
Speaking of undeveloped, anyone know of any new stores coming to the new mall called parkside where kohl's and cattlemans is? Or has the place gone bankrupt yet??
Congratulations

United States

#8 Jun 13, 2010
Skull-n-crossbones wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of undeveloped, anyone know of any new stores coming to the new mall called parkside where kohl's and cattlemans is? Or has the place gone bankrupt yet??
Dang!!! They already have a Dairy Queen. What else do you want?
Ferledon

Frankfort, KY

#9 Jun 14, 2010
Seems I spoke too soon. According to the other day, Cracker Barrel is closer to coming here than ever. Turns out it was a zoning dispute a neighbor to the property had. The land has been rezoned, and now opens up the possibility for CB to come to town.

They have already drawn up plans, parking spaces, and the potential to bring 150 jobs to frankfort, East Side.

looks like we will have a CB by the end of the year. Never thought I'd see it, my Granny always told me they wouldn't build one till the year she died. How right she was.
James T

Frankfort, KY

#10 Jun 14, 2010
Anybody care to guess how long a line there will be to get in this place?

“Give back to your community!”

Since: Jul 07

Frankfort, KY

#11 Jun 14, 2010
James T wrote:
Anybody care to guess how long a line there will be to get in this place?
About four miles for the first 3 months.
Barri

Campbellsburg, KY

#12 Feb 3, 2011
Is cattlemans good?
NEW INFO

Frankfort, KY

#13 Feb 3, 2011
Skull-n-crossbones wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of undeveloped, anyone know of any new stores coming to the new mall called parkside where kohl's and cattlemans is? Or has the place gone bankrupt yet??
there will be a Marshalls and a Dress Barn coming soon, they are working on the job sites as we speak. Also a target is going in the old home depot building this year. At least that means a few more jobs for people in Frankfort.
moi

United States

#14 Feb 3, 2011
NEW INFO wrote:
<quoted text>there will be a Marshalls and a Dress Barn coming soon, they are working on the job sites as we speak. Also a target is going in the old home depot building this year. At least that means a few more jobs for people in Frankfort.
Target is not going in the old home depot building...AOC is.
Woof Woof

Frankfort, KY

#15 Feb 3, 2011
I can't believe a place that serves Alpo is gonna be opening up her.
hey

Frankfort, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2011
Whats AOC?
Judge Wapner

Frankfort, KY

#17 Feb 3, 2011
hey wrote:
Whats AOC?
Administrative Office of the Courts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CBRL Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man sues Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (Jul '13) Jul '13 Curteese 28
News Cracker Barrel eyes New Bern location (Jan '12) Mar '12 Kevin 2
News Cheap eats: Cracer Barrel Old Country Store and... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mike Price 2
News Ready or not, we're on the brink of the holiday... (Oct '10) Oct '10 U R A m0r0n 1
News Logan's Roadhouse registers for IPO (Jul '06) Jul '06 Kit Brewer 1
More from around the web