Paper: Texas Based Company is Bidder for Oak Hollow Mall

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 7
A Texas-based company that specializes in a broad range of properties is the bidder on Oak Hollow Mall, according to The High Point Enterprise. Full Story
mall

High Point, NC

#2 Sep 17, 2010
This property will be used as part of HPU's expansion, maybe for a new football stadium or basketball arena.
high pocket

High Point, NC

#3 Sep 17, 2010
I think it is funny that the city was mentioned as well. Maybe there will be a co-op between city and HPU so both can use it? I just feel that any retail space is doomed there. An Arena would make sense, HPU has a place to play B-ball, and hold graduation, also it could bring entertainment to the city as well as being available for community events. Could be a bigger revenue builder for the city than a run down mall.
THis is Crazy

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2010
mall wrote:
This property will be used as part of HPU's expansion, maybe for a new football stadium or basketball arena.
I hope so!! HPU seems to be the only thing expanding around here. We ought to make HPU President Mayor of High Point. He gets everything he needs.
Hold On--

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2010
HPU is not buying OR using the Mall.
HighPointMan

High Point, NC

#6 Sep 17, 2010
I've always said they should have turned it into an outlet center, like Tanger. Burlington is going to benefit from Tanger in so many ways.

If High Point gets the property, it will benefit HPU. Remember when the community could enjoy HPU just as much as the students?
Chester the Molester

Charlotte, NC

#7 Sep 18, 2010
Mall is mostly desserted. Never see any pretty young teenage girls there. Especially young white or asian females. Haven't checked the bathrooms for activity. Too many Mall Cops there for a ghost town.
Incredulous

Anonymous Proxy

#8 Sep 18, 2010
How in the world can High Point buy anything? Will Smothers be opening up her checkbook? Citizens seem to forget anything purchased by the city council is paid for by tax dollars! RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CBL and Associates Properties Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Website shows Dillard's and Belk as Galleria an... (Aug '13) Feb '14 mike 5
What's going to happen to Oak Hollow Mall? (Jul '08) Jan '12 Proof 9
LaGrange outlet mall (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tricia Callahan 1
Report: Oak Hollow Mall Under Contract (Aug '10) Aug '10 Wtf 11
Paper: Up to 3 Buyers Interested in Oak Hollow ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 flounder 1
Paper: Up to 3 Buyers Interested in Oak Hollow ... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Average Joe 21
New coffee shop at York Galleria to open in April (Mar '10) Mar '10 BuddyBoy 35

CBL and Associates Properties People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE