New coffee shop at York Galleria to o...

New coffee shop at York Galleria to open in April

There are 35 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 9, 2010, titled New coffee shop at York Galleria to open in April. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

All the Perks Espresso Cafe plans to open next month where Gloria Jean's Coffees once operated on the top floor of the York Galleria, one of the new cafe's owners, Mara Pais, said last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
barneyrubble

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Mar 9, 2010
Patel - Indian (India). Owners of many East Coast convience stores,gas stations, and anything else they can get their hands on - cheaply.
Mr Nasty

York, PA

#2 Mar 9, 2010
They come here, work, and are successful. Nothing worng with that. At least they arent welfare rats.
Hemp Lover

York, PA

#3 Mar 9, 2010
Can we say ..TAX FREE?
uofakron1944

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Mar 10, 2010
I'll buy my morning cup at another store.... they did not treat the previous owner fairly, nor did they explain why they were kicking her out.
Amanda

York, PA

#5 Mar 10, 2010
Won't be the same as Gloria Jeans :(
york county native

York, PA

#6 Mar 10, 2010
barneyrubble wrote:
Patel - Indian (India). Owners of many East Coast convience stores,gas stations, and anything else they can get their hands on - cheaply.
He's an American. You are an American douche.
The Real Deal

York, PA

#7 Mar 10, 2010
Well that one place I'll never go to. The way they treated Sandy was reprehensible and I'll never spent a dime at the replacement coffee shop. Espresso Cafe my arse.
get_serious

Gettysburg, PA

#8 Mar 10, 2010
"york county native" Actually, you got it wrong. He is a citizen of the U.S. That fact alone DOES NOT make him an American. He is still an Indian or Pakistani, but is an American Citizen. Comprende?
Rick

Gwynn Oak, MD

#9 Mar 10, 2010
[QUOTE who="...you got it wrong. He is a citizen of the U.S. That fact alone DOES NOT make him an American. He is still an Indian or Pakistani, but is an American Citizen. Comprende?[/QUOTE]

Wrong. If he was born in America, he is an American. By your logic, we're all Africans.
Chase

Mount Wolf, PA

#10 Mar 10, 2010
CBL that own the mall think they can do whatever they want. They treated Sandy unfair. I will never have another coffee at the Galleria Mall and I intend to avoid that mall at all cost as well as any other places owned by CBL. All my shopping will be done online now thanks to CBL. Even the people I know and work with say the samething. Time to look for a new place to shop. I am willing to pay a little more if I have to.

Since: Dec 08

Dover, PA

#11 Mar 10, 2010
barneyrubble wrote:
If you want to look at why this is happening, THEN JUST LOOK IN THE MIRROR ... YOUR US Government allows people who are able to invest $500,000 in a business to come to the USA with a path to citizenship under the EB-5 visa program. This is why Patel is by far the most frequent name of motel owners in America. Look on the bright side ... these are prosperous individuals who contribute to our society ... who I admire ... who entered our country through our "front door". My feelings are different for those who break into our country like burglars.
The problems with programs like this is that they frequently are subject to abuse. The following article from Automotive News ( http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article... ) tells of a case where a Chinese entrepreneur is using these $500,000 investments to "fund a startup automotive company" ... that will produce 15,723 Green Cards ... and maybe, someday, a product.
momof2

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Mar 10, 2010
I had no idea what happened to Gloria Jean's store. I was very upset to see it gone. In light of the shady deal that was made, I will not patronize the new Cafe no matter who's running it.
Lord Humongous

United States

#13 Mar 10, 2010
Um, if you read the story you'll see that the original owner decided NOT TO RENEW HER LEASE FOR PERSONAL REASONS. There was nothing said about her being "kicked out."

I am torn on the "Indian" comments. Firstly, if you had to not shop at every place owned by Indians or Pakistanis, then you'd probably never buy any gas anywhere besides Ken's Exxon in Stonybrook. Everything else is owned by them. Ok...Rutters and Turkey Hill too. Secondly, they do work hard, and most are citizens. However, many of them work and send most of their money back home, in order to fund their families immigration here. Do we really need more of them here? Also, how do we know where the money goes frmo the Pakistani owners? Maybe it goes to finance Jihads or nutty Muslim Clerics? Scary thought there.
Just Saying

Charleston, WV

#14 Mar 10, 2010
Lord Humongous wrote:
Um, if you read the story you'll see that the original owner decided NOT TO RENEW HER LEASE FOR PERSONAL REASONS. There was nothing said about her being "kicked out."
I am torn on the "Indian" comments. Firstly, if you had to not shop at every place owned by Indians or Pakistanis, then you'd probably never buy any gas anywhere besides Ken's Exxon in Stonybrook. Everything else is owned by them. Ok...Rutters and Turkey Hill too. Secondly, they do work hard, and most are citizens. However, many of them work and send most of their money back home, in order to fund their families immigration here. Do we really need more of them here? Also, how do we know where the money goes frmo the Pakistani owners? Maybe it goes to finance Jihads or nutty Muslim Clerics? Scary thought there.
CBL told Sites "to vacate the property". Sounds like a nice way of saying, WE ARE KICKING YOU OUT!
Just Saying

Charleston, WV

#15 Mar 10, 2010
From the article:
Pais said. "We know that Sandy and Gloria Jean's had a loyal clientele. We just hope to be here to satisfy the coffee-drinking population."

Another nice way of saying: "We know that Sandy and Gloria Jean's had a loyal clientele. We just hope to SUCK OFF OF THAT loyal clientele."
Lord Humongous

United States

#16 Mar 10, 2010
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text> CBL told Sites "to vacate the property". Sounds like a nice way of saying, WE ARE KICKING YOU OUT!
Yeah, because her lease was up, and she decided not to renew it. What, they're going to let her stay for free? When your lease is up and you are no longer about to pay, then get the hell out. Nothing wrong with that.
Coffee

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Mar 10, 2010
I love Gloria Jeans! I used to stop at the mall just for a frozen carmel BUT that doesn't mean the company coming in will have bad service. It sounds like to mall was in the wrong not the guy coming in. I'm going to give them a chance. If the service and/or coffee is bad I won't go back.
WhyBother

Harrisburg, PA

#18 Mar 10, 2010
It's about time !!!!!!!!!!
RKL

York, PA

#19 Mar 10, 2010
They probably tripled Gloria Jean's rent so she would not renew her lease and they could get a huge tax credit by renting to an immigrant who wanted her spot.
Just Saying

Charleston, WV

#20 Mar 10, 2010
Where in this story does it say anything about Indians, Pakistani, Jihad's, Muslim clerics or immigrants? Really where do you get this crap?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CBL and Associates Properties Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Website shows Dillard's and Belk as Galleria an... (Aug '13) Feb '14 mike 5
News What's going to happen to Oak Hollow Mall? (Jul '08) Jan '12 Proof 9
LaGrange outlet mall (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tricia Callahan 1
News Paper: Texas Based Company is Bidder for Oak Ho... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Incredulous 7
News Report: Oak Hollow Mall Under Contract (Aug '10) Aug '10 Wtf 11
News Paper: Up to 3 Buyers Interested in Oak Hollow ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 flounder 1
News Paper: Up to 3 Buyers Interested in Oak Hollow ... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Average Joe 21
More from around the web