Need Help!!! C13 Runs Rought

Need Help!!! C13 Runs Rought

Posted in the Caterpillar Forum

Airborne

Katy, TX

#1 Feb 1, 2010
I hope someone can help me out. We have a International with a C13 in it, on startup the truck runs like a top but after a few minutes with the engine warming up it starts running real rough. We have tried to run a cylinder cutout test, when it is cold it is fine, but once it warms up once the test hits cylinder 3 the test aborts because of drastic change in "throttle position/RPM" (must be out of the +/-5% the test allows)Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I work in Iraq, so I dont want to send a truck out that is acting like this.
das

Menifee, CA

#2 Feb 1, 2010
do not run the test as all. manually cut out one cylinder at a time. I test engine with three cylinders cut out and three powered to see the readings being given. then you can cut out one more and see what it does. run it at high idle. all so use your firing order. 153 624 when testing so that those cylinders are used together. see what you get for results.
DPO

Edison, NJ

#3 Apr 18, 2012
I was wondering if you ever figured out the problem? I have a truck doing the exact same thing and havent been able to figure it out yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caterpillar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cat accert (Jul '12) Sun harold7777 62
cat c15 motor - coolant circulation problem (May '11) Aug 17 Hbrown51 52
cat 3116 engine fuel filter runs dry and engine... (May '12) Aug 17 bink89 113
3406 engine Aug 16 Bubba barker 1
Need master ECM codes for C15 Cat engines (Dec '13) Aug 11 Rhodes electronic 6
Cat c12 problems (Jul '13) Aug 9 ladimer 23
Cat MBN Bridge motor (Nov '07) Aug 5 Overdrive 30
More from around the web