302.5 cat mini excavator overheating

302.5 cat mini excavator overheating

Posted in the Caterpillar Forum

Jimayore

Silverton, OR

#1 Feb 28, 2010
My temp gauge goes up pretty quickly if I work my excavator hard for about 30min. The hyd. oil seams pretty hot. Could the problem be that the hyd. pressure setting is too low and the relief valve is causing the oil to over heat? The excavator is pretty gutless when it comes to pushing dirt with the blade.
highrpms

Dawson Creek, Canada

#2 Mar 4, 2010
remove cover, power wash rads and oil coolers, removing dust,oil and grease,
check fan for broken blades,
tighten belts,
replace hydraulic oil filter,
Jimayore

United States

#3 May 21, 2010
Thanks Highrpms,
I thought I had cleaned the rad good enough, but when I removed the covers and Hyd. filter, I realized the rad was pretty plugged up. thanks again, Jimayore1
rosco

York, UK

#4 Jul 29, 2011
anyone had problems with excesive vertical movement on slew ring on cat 301.8 mini digger and what is the spec on movement on new machine. cheers
sterlingwalton

United States

#5 Jul 24, 2012
how do i get to the belts on my 302.5? I cant seem to see if my cab will tilt. Looks like it just bolts down. Cant even get to the belt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caterpillar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Caterpillar might end production in Aurora (Jan '17) 4 hr PrinterBench Tech 2
glass shop michigan 6 hr lou 1
cat accert (Jul '12) Sun harold7777 62
cat c15 motor - coolant circulation problem (May '11) Aug 17 Hbrown51 52
cat 3116 engine fuel filter runs dry and engine... (May '12) Aug 17 bink89 113
3406 engine Aug 16 Bubba barker 1
Need master ECM codes for C15 Cat engines (Dec '13) Aug 11 Rhodes electronic 6
More from around the web