careful

Warren, NJ

#1620 Feb 5, 2009
citi financial sold??

Feb. 5 (Bloomberg)-- Citigroup Inc., paring assets after accepting a $346 billion U.S. government bailout package, agreed to sell servicing rights on 185,000 loans to Wilbur Rossís American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc. for $1.5 billion.

American Home, controlled by WL Ross and Co., will take over billing and collection from Citi Residential Lending this month, according to a statement today. Ross said in an interview that he isnít taking possession of the actual loans, which have a face value of about $170 billion and include subprime and Alt- A mortgages.

Citigroup, which has had $85 billion in writedowns and losses since the subprime crisis began, is splitting itself in two and selling off or winding down some of its businesses. Ross, known for finding value in distressed assets, said the purchase will add scale and efficiency to his firm, which he said ranks second in mortgage servicing behind Bank of America Corp.ís Countrywide Financial Corp.
Question

Las Vegas, NV

#1621 Feb 5, 2009
I am a customer of Citifinancial. I have searched through numerous Citi websites trying to find the corporate mailing address. I can find local addresses and phone numbers but nothing about the corporate offices. My bills do not show the corporate address either.

Where is the main corporate office? Can anyone give the the main corporate address?

Thanks.
Hmmmmmmmmm

New York, NY

#1622 Feb 5, 2009
Question wrote:
I am a customer of Citifinancial. I have searched through numerous Citi websites trying to find the corporate mailing address. I can find local addresses and phone numbers but nothing about the corporate offices. My bills do not show the corporate address either.
Where is the main corporate office? Can anyone give the the main corporate address?
Thanks.
No
FormerWorkerBee

Flint, MI

#1623 Feb 5, 2009
Question wrote:
Thanks.
CitiFinancial 300 St. Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Question

Las Vegas, NV

#1624 Feb 5, 2009
TO: FormerWorkerBee

Thanks for the info. I was beginning to think the address was a 'state secret'! LOL
FormerWorkerBee

Flint, MI

#1625 Feb 5, 2009
Question wrote:
TO: FormerWorkerBee
Thanks for the info. I was beginning to think the address was a 'state secret'! LOL
It's Citifinancial policy to keep their customers in the dark as much as possible.
Jane C

Concord, NC

#1626 Feb 5, 2009
FormerWorkerBee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Citifinancial policy to keep their customers in the dark as much as possible.
See, that's the type of mess that gets on here and people then think it's a fact. The fact is, cards with a toll free number to home office in Baltimore are in every closing room in the branches, 1-800-922-6235, and that address is available to anyone who calls the number and asks. The company also does follow up calls to almost every customer to verify that the terms of their loans were explained to them. I don't like to talk down to anyone but I'm glad "former" is in your name. If you kept your customers in the dark maybe that's why you are indeed former.
FormerWorkerBee

Hartland, MI

#1627 Feb 5, 2009
Jane C wrote:
<quoted text>
See, that's the type of mess that gets on here and people then think it's a fact. The fact is, cards with a toll free number to home office in Baltimore are in every closing room in the branches, 1-800-922-6235, and that address is available to anyone who calls the number and asks. The company also does follow up calls to almost every customer to verify that the terms of their loans were explained to them. I don't like to talk down to anyone but I'm glad "former" is in your name. If you kept your customers in the dark maybe that's why you are indeed former.
When I say in the dark I mean that it's built into the business model. About half of Citifinancial's customers are getting screwed and they don't even know it. It's not that the people working in the branches do it on purpose(generally), its the corporation itself, it's rotten to the core.

I'm "former" because I came to the realization that what this company is does is not good for the communities they operate in. All it does is funnel what little money is there to the corporate coffers. Sure it might benefit a few in the short run but when I think back to my usual suspect list(Pot 30's) I know for a fact that this company writes an awful lot of really bad loans.

Also know that you are being taken for a ride. I left and went somewhere where I actually paid for the loans I closed.
former soon - Jane C

New York, NY

#1628 Feb 5, 2009
Jane C wrote:
<quoted text>
you are next 'former'
collections-r-us

Corbin, KY

#1629 Feb 5, 2009
test
collections-r-us

Corbin, KY

#1630 Feb 5, 2009
I just want to know how much longer they are going to let this go on. And now they want us to start writing the employees up again. More things to look forward to, I would just like something positive for a change. I too used to love my job, but now it's a chore to walk in the door. Don't get me wrong I am thankful to have a job right now, but something really needs to give somewhere. It is really starting to way us down.
citiscrewed

Loudon, TN

#1631 Feb 6, 2009
midwest wrote:
They rolled out a Dq plan in our area yesterday , one that includes , if the branch does not meet DQ goals set by the Area each week the following week the branch manager will work until 8:00 pm every night, No mention of coming in later just working a 12 hour day for several weeks, should be productive,,, not
Boy am I glad I got fired!!!!
concernedcitigir l

Choctaw, OK

#1632 Feb 6, 2009
I understand, we are all concerned about our jobs , our livelyhoods. We are human, I have taken great pride in the people I have helped over the yrs here. It is frustrating not to be here when they need our help now. We may not agree with decisions upper management has made, but i leave my office everyday knowing I truely tried everything I could to help someone. I have never nor will I loose my integrity to meet numbers. As my AD often says, "It is what it is" I dont think anyone will truley know our future until the day it happenes. I have met some wonderful people at our manager kickoffs and I truley care about their wellbeing,, this hasnt been easy on anyone. The negativity on this blog doesnt even dignify a response.
CitiMgr 101

Milledgeville, GA

#1633 Feb 6, 2009
Question wrote:
Thanks.
What exactly do you need? It's easier to direct you to what you are trying to accomplish
Jane C

Concord, NC

#1634 Feb 6, 2009
FormerWorkerBee wrote:
<quoted text>
When I say in the dark I mean that it's built into the business model. About half of Citifinancial's customers are getting screwed and they don't even know it. It's not that the people working in the branches do it on purpose(generally), its the corporation itself, it's rotten to the core.
I'm "former" because I came to the realization that what this company is does is not good for the communities they operate in. All it does is funnel what little money is there to the corporate coffers. Sure it might benefit a few in the short run but when I think back to my usual suspect list(Pot 30's) I know for a fact that this company writes an awful lot of really bad loans.
Also know that you are being taken for a ride. I left and went somewhere where I actually paid for the loans I closed.
I am truly sorry. I should have never said that about glad you were former. I would never wish for anyone to be laid off. I just let what you said get to me, because the branches in NC that I've worked in have always tried so hard to do everything right. Anyway, sorry, again, to you and anyone else I offended (which includes myself)
paying branch salaries

Canada

#1635 Feb 6, 2009
Do we have a future wrote:
Well, I just want to know how long they can go on not making loans? For real, are we making enough to pay the branches salaries? I am just ready for them to do whatever it is they are going to do. I love my job - or use to when we were helping people. I am just confused about what they expect us to do when they have tighhened credit so much.
Anyone heard of an DM's or AD's being hit by the layoffs? From what I know, the branches are working on a bare minimum now!
READ YOUR GOAL REPORT....YOUR SHELF SPACE...YOUR BPS....WHAT ARE YOUR NUMBERS....YES, YOU MAKE ENOUGH TO COVER SALARIES.
News

Saint Albert, Canada

#1636 Feb 7, 2009
Any news from the states in regards to closures or layoffs?
Former Citi employee

Columbus, NE

#1637 Feb 7, 2009
I was let go right before thanksgiving. It was pretty miserable through the holidays. However, I am currently working across the street from my old office, with a better company. I can see former co-workers napping. Now they worry about their jobs. Life is funny that way. If I was not let go, I would have never applied elsewhere.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I endured 3 months of misery through the holidays to emerge with a better job. I was anxious, nervous, and scared, especially with this economy to be let go. But, in the end it will be fine.
Everyone here in this forum is here because they are anxious or scared. You will have to fight and suffer in the coming year, but you will endure and get through it. You will be fine at the end of it all.

Good luck to everyone and their families.
Jane C

Charlotte, NC

#1638 Feb 7, 2009
Former Citi employee wrote:
I was let go right before thanksgiving. It was pretty miserable through the holidays. However, I am currently working across the street from my old office, with a better company. I can see former co-workers napping. Now they worry about their jobs. Life is funny that way. If I was not let go, I would have never applied elsewhere.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I endured 3 months of misery through the holidays to emerge with a better job. I was anxious, nervous, and scared, especially with this economy to be let go. But, in the end it will be fine.
Everyone here in this forum is here because they are anxious or scared. You will have to fight and suffer in the coming year, but you will endure and get through it. You will be fine at the end of it all.
That's a good outcome. Glad it happened for you and thanks for the good wishes.
Citi

Milford, CT

#1639 Feb 7, 2009
Former Citi employee wrote:
Great news! This gives everyone hope and encouragement!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Do you think Citigroup should be broken up, or... Dec 19 charlespickens1 3
Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Nov '14 Human at Earth 78
Citigroup CEO Says U.S. Banks The Right Size (Oct '12) Sep '14 Nonsense at best 5
citi svp salary level in ny Sep '14 atCiti 2
Citigroup Said to Mull Raising Junior Banker Sa... Aug '14 The Fixer 3
JPMorgan, BofA to raise junior banker pay by 20... Aug '14 WhyNotMe 1
Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Aug '14 PULTEGROUP is a RICO 4
More from around the web