citifinancial layoffs
Anyword

Randallstown, MD

#694 Nov 10, 2008
Any word about home office in Baltimore....I know a lot of people were told last thursday...
Citi

Rockford, IL

#695 Nov 10, 2008
Anyword wrote:
Any word about home office in Baltimore....I know a lot of people were told last thursday...
The only thing I heard was 20 HOC reps gone at the end of the month.

Since: Oct 08

United States

#696 Nov 10, 2008
HOW ABOUT TODAY?

Since: Nov 08

New Albany, PA

#697 Nov 10, 2008
StillThere wrote:
HOW ABOUT TODAY?
test

New Albany, PA

#698 Nov 10, 2008
i noticed that in the states that licenses are required in the very near future.... cb's were pulled, and wouldnt it benefit citi to ditch the ones that would not have been able to qualify under the new licenses???? make them sign a severance that prohibits them from suing in the future, and eliminating those "undesireables" now??? just funny their timing... then tell all of us that it was based on production... in our office we know it was not seniority... I dont think it was production either....

Phenix City, AL

#699 Nov 10, 2008
well 14 offices were closed in florida. Districts were re-aligned. And they changed credit requirements again. A 702 FICO, homeowner, present borrower, over 72% ATP failed risk rank. How we supposed to produce when nothing qualifies??? Guess were are just a collecting agency now. I'll be joining the rest of you guys in the unemployment line. Company is setting itself to fail, and purposely taking all of us down to save a buck. Good luck to all, that it was new info.
Should-a would-a could-a

United States

#700 Nov 10, 2008
It's to bad all the employee's at the Roseville Ca. Branch were laid off, I'm sorry to hear that, But Maybe it's not just the times. When there's an emotionally unbalanced supervisor tyrant heading one of the Depts. and years of Several complaints against her and her henchmen unfortunately after enough turbulance it causes drastic decisions in tough times. I feel for the good solid decent people that worked for that office, I do. But, no one can afford a large lawsuit in times like these. And it's alot easier to settle when the office no longer exsists.
Mary McDowell

Fort George G Meade, MD

#701 Nov 10, 2008
All, I admit that I made many mistakes in last 1 year. After all I am a human being and I was promoted to a position for which I was clearly not qualified.(That was Harry's mistake...not mine). Let me give you the rundown of my short and painful stint at CitiFinancial.

First of all, I pushed X$ell very hard in a bad economy. Mistake #1 - Revenue growth was the only objective. I did not care for anything else.

Second, I have sorrounded myself with very incompetent senior management...Jim Scheinder, Jim Ryan & Greg Lechner. Mistake #2 - In stead of firing these highly-paid executives, I promoted some of them who clearly have become liability of the company.

Third, I also hired useless chirpies like Janet Smith and Leslie Woodward to help me with strategy as well as prioritize the true needs of the business. Both of them have been horrible and clearly made matters worse for me.(Folks in NewYork know these 2 dead weights quite well)
Mistake #3 - Did not hire people based on thier skill sets, rather based on their gender only.

Guess what, I am also waiting for my bonus. Believe it or not. This is Citi and you can still earn bonus after taking the company to the gutter. I took over the company when it used to make $1bn profit a year. In matter of 7 quarters, I have managed to take the first quarterly loss.

Don't you think it takes special talent to achieve such an impressive feat ? Oh,btw, my boss
Terry Dial is very smart...she knows that I know nothing. Hence she has been really painful of late. The way she behaves with me, I even wonder if I will even be able to make it. Wish me luck. I need you more than you need me.

Phoenix

#702 Nov 10, 2008
Can-u-defer-my-layoff--I can see where you are coming from. I can relate. I want(ed) to give it my best, turned down other job offers in the past because I was enticed by the environment and prospect to advance; no longer. But, unfortunately, no matter how hard we pawns try, even now, upper management controls our lives. That is the truth. The quickest way for a company to reduce expenses is to layoff employees.

Kudos to Wrk to Liv, nascar is a complete waste of time and money as an investment for our company. In retrospect, if citi wanted to make an advertisement in the racing scene, they should've addressed people w/money by sponsoring an American Le Mans car.

And, lastly, we all heard Ray on the conference call state that unemployment will continue to rise. In all sarcasm, I'm oh, so glad citi is doing their part to contribute to that.
Wrongfully Fired 2007

Hurt, VA

#703 Nov 11, 2008
Mary McDowell wrote:
All, I admit that I made many mistakes in last 1 year. After all I am a human being and I was promoted to a position for which I was clearly not qualified.(That was Harry's mistake...not mine). Let me give you the rundown of my short and painful stint at CitiFinancial.
First of all, I pushed X$ell very hard in a bad economy. Mistake #1 - Revenue growth was the only objective. I did not care for anything else.
Second, I have sorrounded myself with very incompetent senior management...Jim Scheinder, Jim Ryan & Greg Lechner. Mistake #2 - In stead of firing these highly-paid executives, I promoted some of them who clearly have become liability of the company.
Third, I also hired useless chirpies like Janet Smith and Leslie Woodward to help me with strategy as well as prioritize the true needs of the business. Both of them have been horrible and clearly made matters worse for me.(Folks in NewYork know these 2 dead weights quite well)
Mistake #3 - Did not hire people based on thier skill sets, rather based on their gender only.
Guess what, I am also waiting for my bonus. Believe it or not. This is Citi and you can still earn bonus after taking the company to the gutter. I took over the company when it used to make $1bn profit a year. In matter of 7 quarters, I have managed to take the first quarterly loss.
Don't you think it takes special talent to achieve such an impressive feat ? Oh,btw, my boss
Terry Dial is very smart...she knows that I know nothing. Hence she has been really painful of late. The way she behaves with me, I even wonder if I will even be able to make it. Wish me luck. I need you more than you need me.
Mary, I can't wish you any luck. You forgot people like Jeff Cowan and Matt Duignam along with Julie Myzick. You let those 3 people destroy ME. I guess Jim Scheider was involved as well. I am a highly qualified individual who was very dedicated to the company and KNEW what I was doing. Matt Duignam harassed me and wanted me out and when I complained to Jeff Cowan he had me fired. I wrote to you, you could have stepped in and over turned their decision. But you did nothing and this is where it leads you. When you don't care about the people doing the work (the backbone of the company) that is what gets you into trouble. When you allow MEN to commit discriminatory acts against women and cover it up that will also come back to you. I know what Matt Duignam and Jim Timblin did to me along with Jeff Cowan now. I would not lie about that for any gain. Your citigroup attorneys did offer me money to settle and go away I chose not to because I am not ready to shut up about it until these people are not longer with that company. By the way are you still with the company and if so are you keeping those clowns around?
Wrongfully Fired 2007

Hurt, VA

#704 Nov 11, 2008
Laid Off in Home Office wrote:
I just thought I'd let the Network employees know that they aren't the only ones who were laid off. I spent close to 20 years working 50-60 hour weeks for CitiFinancial. In all my time I only received 3 annual evaluations that were not a 1 or 2. The others were a 3. Then I get a phone call and receive a very blunt message about how current business conditions require a reduction in staff. I didn't even get a comment about how they were sorry they had to do this or a thanks for all my hard work.
It is sad to here; however no one in baltimore felt bad for me when I was unlawfully wrongfully terminated in 2007 after being an example employee for 12 years. Plus the complany kept the clowns around that did this Matt Duignam, Jeff Cowan, Julie Myzick. You should let your management know that you are a better asset to the organization than these 3.
Peon

Middletown, OH

#705 Nov 11, 2008
I was one of the lenders to be told thur. that i would no longer have a job after the end of the month. After 5 years with this company and working directly with the customers one on one all I can say is Citi is money hungry for the ones who make the big bucks!
If I lose my home, my health, its all because Citi knew but didnt care except for all the upper management. your the ones who make the big bucks!
But, without people like me that gave the best customer service of my life to continue to work with customers and treat them like family they would continue to pay on their loans and come back for repeat loans.
With the economic times no one cares if they pay bills in my area much. With the employees they have decided to keep many customers have told me before with the turn over we have had in my office that If me and one other long timer would move or leave they wont be back because of the people we trained to take our jobs dont care. They are there to clock in and clock out and thats about it! And the customers have expressed they dont like the newbies.
Citifinancial isnt done going down yet!
Thanks to the high ballers in the company for the shaft!
I to am just a number on the wall to them!
Peon

Middletown, OH

#706 Nov 11, 2008
Oh and if Im not mistaken we were told in a town hall that we were "the cream of the crop" of Citi and we had nothing to worry about!
Liar's!
Wrongfully Fired 2007

Hurt, VA

#707 Nov 11, 2008
Mary McDowell wrote:
By the way where is Jody Anderson these days, he use to have an office next door to yours.
sad

Taylor, MI

#708 Nov 11, 2008
Its sad that everything is happening like this.
the holidays are a around the corner and many of us have familys.good luck to all,and don't let this get you sick.
pray
blam

High Point, NC

#709 Nov 11, 2008
The #1 mistake was Excel, it stresses individual rewards, therefore destroys a team environmnet. As growth as the only objective, losses have to suffer. I tried to express this from the beginning but nobody listened. Throwing out tons of cash for today with no plan for tomorrow can only lead to disaster unless there is a plan and there wasnt. Now Excel stresses losses but no growth, no growth leads to less accounts, less personal, how about more layoffs? I was let go the other but knew it was coming. I'm just curious how can a person with my title(BAM)can see whats happening, voice my concern with a plan for both growth & losses(pro-active person) & get laid off but these people surrounding you that you say have no foresight stay on? My question is are we laying off the right people? I do appreciate the package, wasnt expecting that.
Mary McDowell wrote:
its a shame

Fort Wayne, IN

#710 Nov 11, 2008
Now do you really think that Mary would put a comment on this blog?
Mary McDowell wrote:
Tracker

United States

#711 Nov 11, 2008
Wrongfully Fired 2007 wrote:
<quoted text> Mary, I can't wish you any luck. You forgot people like Jeff Cowan and Matt Duignam along with Julie Myzick. You let those 3 people destroy ME. I guess Jim Scheider was involved as well. I am a highly qualified individual who was very dedicated to the company and KNEW what I was doing. Matt Duignam harassed me and wanted me out and when I complained to Jeff Cowan he had me fired. I wrote to you, you could have stepped in and over turned their decision. But you did nothing and this is where it leads you. When you don't care about the people doing the work (the backbone of the company) that is what gets you into trouble. When you allow MEN to commit discriminatory acts against women and cover it up that will also come back to you. I know what Matt Duignam and Jim Timblin did to me along with Jeff Cowan now. I would not lie about that for any gain. Your citigroup attorneys did offer me money to settle and go away I chose not to because I am not ready to shut up about it until these people are not longer with that company. By the way are you still with the company and if so are you keeping those clowns around?
Wrongfully Fired 2007

How did they destroy you? What happened?? Fill us in so that we can know what to do if something similiar happens to us? Need to know for future! Hope everything works out for you and that you come out "Smelling Like a Rose"!!! Which someone would be able to "drag them thru the coals"!!!!!
CitiGal

Macomb, MI

#712 Nov 11, 2008
its a shame wrote:
Now do you really think that Mary would put a comment on this blog? <quoted text>
No but it was funny!
Tn Jeannie

Paris, TN

#713 Nov 11, 2008
Surely you must give Mary McDowell more professional credit than believing she would write a post such as someone did and put it under her name......Unless you think she's suicidial....c'mon people....you're smarter than this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citigroup layoffs 2017 (Apr '17) Dec '17 Steve in MO 8
grandfathered sick time (Apr '17) Apr '17 Gerard Vecchio 1
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... (Oct '16) Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun '16 integrity watch 5
More from around the web