citifinancial layoffs
bob

New York, NY

#4572 Jun 5, 2012
any news on what cfs locations were closed?
former

Pittsburgh, PA

#4573 Jun 6, 2012
Any branches in PA close?
Dont expect different

United States

#4575 Jun 14, 2012
Gladitsover wrote:
Multiple branches combined in ohio, DM's and tenured managers fired or laid off
The economy is still terrible, and will never get better, the rich and greedy want everyone to grovel. We let companies get "global" they have no interest in the United States. They want to go were there is no regulation, and where they can suck up more greed, like pigs.
Worked in Norwood MA

Jamaica Plain, MA

#4576 Jun 14, 2012
Beebee wrote:
Heard they closed mass because you could only call people once every 2 weeks, only leave 1 message, etc. didn't know about vt though.
The rule is two messages in a rolling 7 days... The DM who ran the Norwood branch lorded over you and forced you to call 10 times a day (literally) but only leave one message per day. Despite my constant objections to follow the FDCPA she threatened to fire me if I didn't do things "her way". She routinely broke collection laws and didn't care and frankly, I'm glad she is without a job. I fell terrible for the employees effected.
I found another job about 7 months ago and it was the best move I could have ever made. When Ray Brosseau left the writing was on the wall. The senior officer for a huge operation doesn't just quit (or so we were told) one day and send out an email basically saying "thanks for the memories, I'm out" and leave.. It doesn't happen. He knew that something was happening or that he was the captain on sinking ship and knew he needed to find something else.
Fact is that CFS is either a long-term workout operation liquidating their assets and closing as the employees perform or an attempt to create 3-5 nationwide call centers that will manage the entire country's loans. Why else was there such a focus on recurring speed pays??? They were forcing employees to replace themselves with accounts that managed themselves... in short, you were told to dig your own grave...
whats the word

Riverside, CA

#4577 Jun 20, 2012
whats the word with the competitor Springleaf Finance? Are they filing BK after all??
Duh

Cramerton, NC

#4578 Jul 10, 2012
Ok so what about today's conference call that no one could access?
Michael

San Clemente, CA

#4579 Jul 27, 2012
Today I was placed on administrative leave as the final piece to a yearlong retalition for not being Christian. My life was made miserable and workplace uncomfortable by the manager and area operations director who believe it is ok to harass and slander others to cover up their own incompetence. It seems like a better strategy to berate and misrepresent high performing employees instead of taking a hard look in the mirror and wonder why their numbers suck so bad. This seems to be the end for me but as others who have gone before me and the ones who will follow, it is a familiar story and will be repeated again. This is very sad as the company and shareholders deserve so much more.
sue

Hickory, NC

#4580 Jul 28, 2012
sue them for discrimnation if you can prove it-you and everyone deserves better than that. Complete the papers for arbitration and file with the eeoc. You may lose but it will cast them plenty!!
sue

Hickory, NC

#4581 Jul 28, 2012
meant cost them plenty
Michael

San Clemente, CA

#4582 Jul 29, 2012
Here is my latest update...I have not heard anything from the area manager, however she announced on a Friday afternoon conference call that I was no longer with the company. What a chicken shxx way to learn about a termination after 9 years. I guess I'm a former citi employee? I've heard the expression that poop rolls downhill. If this is the way branches are being managed then the leadership at citi is really full of it. How bad is our stock doing vs chase or wells? I guess that citi has a long and storied history of choosing the wrong leaders.
curiuos

East Stroudsburg, PA

#4583 Jul 30, 2012
I call BS....... I don't believe you. If that is so you should be contacting your HR generalist..
Michael wrote:
Here is my latest update...I have not heard anything from the area manager, however she announced on a Friday afternoon conference call that I was no longer with the company. What a chicken shxx way to learn about a termination after 9 years. I guess I'm a former citi employee? I've heard the expression that poop rolls downhill. If this is the way branches are being managed then the leadership at citi is really full of it. How bad is our stock doing vs chase or wells? I guess that citi has a long and storied history of choosing the wrong leaders.
Shylock

Meridian, ID

#4584 Jul 30, 2012
test
Shylock

Meridian, ID

#4585 Jul 30, 2012
Call HR, what a joke
I case you did not know HR is not on your side.
curiuos

East Stroudsburg, PA

#4586 Jul 30, 2012
HR is on the side of the company.. their role is to protect the company from potential law suits... if what is said is true... which I doubt... then they will be concerned with how that was handled.... however I will state again.... probably didn't roll like that.... just a scorned individuals perception....
bob

New York, NY

#4587 Aug 1, 2012
any news on mario delpino?? Heard he was no longer with company
shylock

Meridian, ID

#4589 Aug 5, 2012
2 ACD's gone from CFS
what does that tell you about what is to come?
orange juice

Easthampton, MA

#4590 Aug 6, 2012
Who is gone from CFS?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4592 Aug 9, 2012
Alison Murphy who is the branch manager in Wauwatosa, WI brach 490113 sent a picture in email displaying herself and employees with a marijuana joint during employee appreciation week. This was reported!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4598 Aug 9, 2012
Judgments in WI and in most branches are processed in the system before the branch receives the signed paperwork from the courts which manipulates delinquency and enhances bonuses.
Blissfully ignorant

Redlands, CA

#4603 Aug 9, 2012
Holy Cow dude...bitter are we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citigroup layoffs 2017 (Apr '17) Mar '18 anonymous 10
News SEC dropped inquiry a month after firm aided Ku... Mar '18 Talk to Cheever 2
grandfathered sick time (Apr '17) Apr '17 Gerard Vecchio 1
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... (Oct '16) Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54