citifinancial layoffs
Weary

Mantua, OH

#4487 Feb 17, 2012
Wow41 wrote:
We are gone because we tell the truth!!! Can u yell us lil employees. U make u that money
.. What about Us!?!!! we make ur status but it is not enough. Do not worry about Democratic... Worry about your employees.... We are tired....
. We will tell!!!?
Some of these posts are just embarrasing! Formulate a thought first and then type!
I deal with such great people at the branches every day. It is always a shame to hear they are closing and I'm sure our time will be coming soon enough.
former

Rochester, MI

#4488 Feb 17, 2012
Consumer loan always has it's ups and downs and it will have upside again. Maybe 5 or 10 years from now but will come back and there will be new companies opening. There will always be a market for it since banks will stay tight in lending again and there will be the customer that needs the quick loan for whatever. Hope all you are able to retain your jobs and work becomes a place that you enjoy going to every day. It is not always an industry with nothing but stress. I enjoyed working in consumer loan for many years and enjoyed the business and customers and employees.
Worried

Galloway, OH

#4489 Feb 17, 2012
If FIG was going to buy One Main...doesn't something have to be filed with the SEC first?
Alfa is wrong

Dallas, TX

#4490 Feb 17, 2012
Let me say it again Alfa made it up on purpose.
There isn't a grain of truth to it not a bit. I personally know Alfa and he told me he was upset because a one main branch manager called the Springleaf branch he works at and said "heard you were all shutting down your welcome to apply here" and it freaked his employees out so as revenge he posted that fig was buying one main
Not All Bad

Fort Worth, TX

#4492 Feb 18, 2012
Alfa is wrong wrote:
Let me say it again Alfa made it up on purpose.
There isn't a grain of truth to it not a bit. I personally know Alfa and he told me he was upset because a one main branch manager called the Springleaf branch he works at and said "heard you were all shutting down your welcome to apply here" and it freaked his employees out so as revenge he posted that fig was buying one main
Strange. You would think he would of done some checking before reacting so irrationally.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4493 Feb 18, 2012
Yay
Former

Los Gatos, CA

#4494 Feb 26, 2012
As a former OM branch manager I feel for all of you right now. I was fortunate enough to get out and not deal with this anymore. Best thing to do is prepare your resume and start job hunting. Be prepared for the worst. Side note I have visited this site for the past three years and about 99% of the time the info is miss leading and untrue. All of you already know there is uncertainty and branch closures likely and your not going to find find if your branch is closing by this site. I know many jr employees and bm's that work their tales off and deserve better. I remember June of 2010 when seven branches within in 45 miles of me were closed and I would've been screwed if it was me. That's when I got my resume together and started looking and keeping my ears open not wanting that to happen to me on the next wave of closures. Be prepared and god bless all of you.

Location hidden

#4495 Feb 29, 2012
More SLFS branches to close tomorrow.
jfl21

Savannah, GA

#4496 Mar 1, 2012
cfs in athens ga closed today
Crazyplace

Mexico

#4497 Mar 1, 2012
CFS in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio closed today.
outta here

Riverbank, CA

#4498 Mar 1, 2012
RESC in Sacramento, CA and CCC in Fresno, CA closed today. Staff just told. Portfolios transferring to Elk Grove, CA and San Pablo, CA. Also transferring some staff instead of severance packages. 50 mile round trip commute now for them. With gas prices rising and no raise in past 3 years, some of the staff is very upset. It's been a wait and see game for 2+ years with branches closing every quarter.
Crazyplace

United States

#4499 Mar 2, 2012
Yeah, no package here. 66 mile round trip or resign. Nice options.
former

Rochester, MI

#4500 Mar 2, 2012
Must downsize to become attractive for someone to purchase. Would think 500-700 offices would be about the right fit. A lot of suffering until it happens.
yeppers

United States

#4501 Mar 2, 2012
No one will buy onemain. Their delinquency rates are pushing double digits.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4502 Mar 3, 2012
I will give $150
Blissfully ignorant

Holyoke, MA

#4503 Mar 3, 2012
Hang in there guys!
Former

Russellton, PA

#4504 Mar 3, 2012
What are your delinquency goals now? Are they still under 1%?
hang in there

Philadelphia, PA

#4505 Mar 5, 2012
For those of you who don't have another branch that is within 50 miles of you, hang in there. Just keep working until they shut it down and collect your severance. As for other branches that do have a branch nearby, look at the pattern of how they have been shutting down. It's business and people should try to not take it personal.
f ormer

Rochester, MI

#4506 Mar 5, 2012
Vikram will make sure it continues to downsize to make it attractive for purchase. If no one bites then it will probably be bad news for a lot of people. Quite a few banks have had consumer loan companies one time or another, but now it is not something the banks can work with. Not sure who would buy.

Location hidden

#4507 Mar 5, 2012
f ormer wrote:
Vikram will make sure it continues to downsize to make it attractive for purchase. If no one bites then it will probably be bad news for a lot of people. Quite a few banks have had consumer loan companies one time or another, but now it is not something the banks can work with. Not sure who would buy.
Probably an investment company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citigroup layoffs 2017 Aug 4 Diva-ofallon 6
grandfathered sick time Apr '17 Gerard Vecchio 1
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... (Oct '16) Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun '16 integrity watch 5
More from around the web