huh

New York, NY

#4258 Aug 16, 2011
sumeone wrote:
I'm really poor and citifancial picks on me there is this woman that works there.She calls my house 500 times a day so I just finally hang up on them.There is only one sweet person there.Yes,they do monitor you when you walk in.I'm tired of being picked on because I have nothing its called the name/stupid game.
500 times a day huh? Well we work 8 hours day, minus an hour for lunch, that leaves 420 minutes left in the day, she would have to call you more then once a minute. So she does nothing else all day, helps no other customers, never goes to the bathroom, never leaves her seat, but hangs up and calls you right back? Wow... why don't you just answer. Your an adult, pick it up and talk to her. She may be calling and trying to offer you some help. I can promise you we don't pick on people because they are poor. There are many employees here that consider themselves poor. And monitor you when you walk in?? Sound alittle paranoid to me. If you knew how many people we deal with in a given day, you would realize we don't really have time to monitor customers.
former

Lakeland, FL

#4259 Aug 16, 2011
They can only call you if you allow it. Send a letter requesting no more calls. Have it notorized also and send it so someone signs for it. That will stop the calls. There is free legal help available if you are poor and cannot afford it. If you have a lot of debt and limited income, bankruptcy might be the answer and you should get some free consultation. You can also file on your own by reading up on it. Collection calls can be constructive orr destructive depending on the collector and manager. No one has the right to abuse you on the phone, there job is to offer solutions. The company will never back the employee if he is violating fair debt collection rules, and they shoudn,t. If you were able I am sure they would pursue legal or small claims. Prove to them your ability and what you can afford and see if they work with you.
StayinLow

United States

#4260 Aug 16, 2011
Way Former wrote:
<quoted text>
You people think this is a customer? Come on! Your goat has been got!
LOL!! Well, if it's not a customer...then they got my goat!
However, we hear some pretty far out things from our customers.
Nothing surprises me anymore.
It seems that the very customers that you go out of your way and truly try to help, are the very one's who most often turn on you.
Boy, could I tell some stories on here! LOL!
Way Former

Etna, ME

#4261 Aug 17, 2011
Me Too!
Trying_to_leave

Windham, ME

#4262 Aug 17, 2011
Indonesian Man's 'Interrogation' Death Raises Concerns About Citibank's Use of Debt Collectors
Published August 17, 2011
| Reuters
Citibank is facing scrutiny in an Indonesian small-business man's death after the man reportedly was subjected to a "harsh interrogation" over an unpaid debt.
The International Business Times identified the man as Irzen Octa, who was $5,700 in debt on his Citibank credit card. He reportedly was led walking into a room in Jakarta last March but emerged a few hours later in a wheelchair. Investigators presume Octa, 50, was either unconscious or dead by that point, the Times reported.
There reportedly were no video cameras in the room, which was described in a Bloomberg article as "the size of a broom closet."
A Jakarta police spokesman told The Washington Post that Octa died of a "harsh interrogation." The man’s wife told the paper that she’s suing the bank for $350 million, claiming he was beaten by debt collectors.
Police reports have been inconsistent. Some indicate the evidence does not support the claim of physical violence, while other reports indicate that blood stains were visible on the floor, the Times reported.
Citibank, for its part, told The Post that it found no evidence of physical violence after an internal investigation. But the paper reported the police investigation into the incident resulted in the arrest of five people, non of them bank employees, on suspicion of “group violence” and “mistreatment resulting in death.”
Tigor Siahaan, head of the bank's Indonesia operations, told The Post that the bank does not “condone, encourage or practice violence, or even harsh language.”
But debt collectors in the country have a reputation for being aggressive, according to the paper.
Other clients in Indonesia have complained that they’ve been mishandled by the bank. Last May, the bank sent a senior officer to the country make sure such scandals are addressed, The Post reported.
The bank offered Octa’s family a monthly stipend and life insurance for his widow, but the family declined, The Post reported.

If there is nothing to it why offer a stipend and life insurance?
just because

Pasadena, MD

#4263 Aug 17, 2011
Trying_to_leave wrote:
Indonesian Man's 'Interrogation' Death Raises Concerns About Citibank's Use of Debt Collectors
Published August 17, 2011
| Reuters
Citibank is facing scrutiny in an Indonesian small-business man's death after the man reportedly was subjected to a "harsh interrogation" over an unpaid debt.
The International Business Times identified the man as Irzen Octa, who was $5,700 in debt on his Citibank credit card. He reportedly was led walking into a room in Jakarta last March but emerged a few hours later in a wheelchair. Investigators presume Octa, 50, was either unconscious or dead by that point, the Times reported.
There reportedly were no video cameras in the room, which was described in a Bloomberg article as "the size of a broom closet."
A Jakarta police spokesman told The Washington Post that Octa died of a "harsh interrogation." The man’s wife told the paper that she’s suing the bank for $350 million, claiming he was beaten by debt collectors.
Police reports have been inconsistent. Some indicate the evidence does not support the claim of physical violence, while other reports indicate that blood stains were visible on the floor, the Times reported.
Citibank, for its part, told The Post that it found no evidence of physical violence after an internal investigation. But the paper reported the police investigation into the incident resulted in the arrest of five people, non of them bank employees, on suspicion of “group violence” and “mistreatment resulting in death.”
Tigor Siahaan, head of the bank's Indonesia operations, told The Post that the bank does not “condone, encourage or practice violence, or even harsh language.”
But debt collectors in the country have a reputation for being aggressive, according to the paper.
Other clients in Indonesia have complained that they’ve been mishandled by the bank. Last May, the bank sent a senior officer to the country make sure such scandals are addressed, The Post reported.
The bank offered Octa’s family a monthly stipend and life insurance for his widow, but the family declined, The Post reported.
If there is nothing to it why offer a stipend and life insurance?
REALLY.... INDONESIA.... CMON...#1 This is citifinacial site.....#2.... in Mexico chickens can be used as loan collateral... while I don't agree with the practices indicated above.. this blog is about "citiffinancial layoffs.... stick to the topic
Interested

Dallas, TX

#4264 Aug 23, 2011
Sure is quiet out there.....any new info on the sale?
Crazy

Toccoa, GA

#4265 Aug 25, 2011
Buffet to buy omf liquidate the company and layoff every employee
Interested

Fort Worth, TX

#4266 Aug 25, 2011
Crazy wrote:
Buffet to buy omf liquidate the company and layoff every employee
Where did u get that info??
rhyme

West Fork, AR

#4268 Aug 25, 2011
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord my soul to take
If my ofc closes before I wake
A huge party I pledge to make
Omg

Elgin, TX

#4269 Aug 28, 2011
How does the serverance package work?? How do they determine what to offer u???
just because

United States

#4270 Aug 29, 2011
Omg wrote:
How does the serverance package work?? How do they determine what to offer u???
why would you rely upon a bullshit blog when you can get real information by referring to your employee handbook or contacting your H R generalist. In addition if you read the blog this question has been answered at least 2 times already
Jimmy

United States

#4271 Aug 30, 2011
I think it is awesome that I got promoted to branch manager and make less than two subordinates...this company is a joke!
former

Westland, MI

#4272 Aug 30, 2011
I am sure they will compensate you with some stock. LMAO
Jimmy

United States

#4273 Aug 30, 2011
Right! That is why I quit! Got a job at a bank
Making 21k more! Soooooo happy! We have lost 3 managers in the last month...I would think the new company would want to try and keep good managers! Oh well!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4274 Aug 30, 2011
If you can't tell the difference between a bank and OneMain.....well...then you belong at the bank!!!
former

Westland, MI

#4275 Aug 31, 2011
wow hidden location, don,t we have a nasty attitude. Not sure what you do or your position, but I could guess.
StayinLow

United States

#4276 Aug 31, 2011
We haven't heard anything about the sale since July 11th. I wonder if Buffett is still interested?
September ends the 3rd quarter. If any layoffs or closings are going to happen, we will probably know around the middle of September. What do you guys think? I've got a gut feeling about September.
I hope I'm wrong!
former

Westland, MI

#4277 Sep 1, 2011
Buffett involved with Bank of America right now, pobably not going to happen with him.
intheknow

Brooklyn, NY

#4278 Sep 4, 2011
former wrote:
They can only call you if you allow it. Send a letter requesting no more calls. Have it notorized also and send it so someone signs for it. That will stop the calls. There is free legal help available if you are poor and cannot afford it. If you have a lot of debt and limited income, bankruptcy might be the answer and you should get some free consultation. You can also file on your own by reading up on it. Collection calls can be constructive orr destructive depending on the collector and manager. No one has the right to abuse you on the phone, there job is to offer solutions. The company will never back the employee if he is violating fair debt collection rules, and they shoudn,t. If you were able I am sure they would pursue legal or small claims. Prove to them your ability and what you can afford and see if they work with you.
Send a letter to say don't call me and we will sue and take 10% of your gross wages. Makes my day much easier. Wage garnishments and liens on real property are a wonderful. So pay your bills people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
citi svp salary level in ny Sep 2 atCiti 2
Citigroup Said to Mull Raising Junior Banker Sa... Aug 26 The Fixer 3
JPMorgan, BofA to raise junior banker pay by 20... Aug 22 WhyNotMe 1
Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Aug '14 PULTEGROUP is a RICO 4
Judge Griesa authorises payment of bonds under ... Aug '14 LAWYERS GONE WILD 1
How to get a RAISE at Citigroup??? (Jul '10) Aug '14 The Fixer 27
Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Jul '14 Human at Earth 77
•••

Citigroup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••