citifinancial layoffs
ByeByeCitifi

United States

#4239 Aug 4, 2011
Just so you know...when I said, "I hate it for them" I meant, I'm saddened for them. I didn't mean that to sound hateful. I feel sorry for them.
ByeByeCitifi

United States

#4240 Aug 4, 2011
ginny wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget people coming to the office with other office problems,and taking up our time , trying to help them, this is never a factor, in our "sales goals"...ridiculous. I shouldn't be spending any of my time on other office problems
Yeah and KinderCare? What about the BSA, HomeOwner's/Auto Insurance,
Insurance Claims, logging insurance, logging CCCS payments, NSF's and so on and so on. We have to do this as well, along with every thing that you and Ginny mentioned. Conference calls...training.
No, we sure don't have a thing to do. lol.
Kitty from Katmandu

Warren, NJ

#4241 Aug 5, 2011
Dilana wrote:
Listen a**hole, I don't make excuses, everything I say is 100% true. I have no reason to lie or make things up. Since you have no idea what I had to deal with for 3 years, why don't you keep your ridiculous opinions to yourself. You don't know me and you damn sure shouldn't assume anything. This bulls*it company is going down and I can't wait to see it sink and hope you are the first to be laid off! As far as that stupid SAFE test is concerned, I stand by what I say and that it is designed to make people fail. If you kept up on your news, then you would know that 60% of people who take it, FAIL IT! And PS if you are such a model Citi worker, then why don't you try coming to NYC and working in my old branch with the abusive customers? I believe my old position is still available. I guarantee that you couldn't handle it for 1 week! I'm sure in PA the customers are all saints and are grateful for the help you provide and all pay their bills and don't curse you out over the phone and come in your branch making verbal and physical threats to you. How many times have you had to call the police to diffuse a situation in your branch? Me, I lost count and I had enough abuse. I didn't deserve it and I damn sure wasn't paid enough to put up with it! Do me a favor and don't waste your ttime or my time replying cause I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A LEGITIMATE RESPONSE!!!<quoted text>
Your comments are ILLEGITIMATE!!!- Agree with Roadkill
Interested

United States

#4242 Aug 5, 2011
Does anyone know what the pay cap is for a MLS1 and a BAM ?
CitiRefugee

Streator, IL

#4243 Aug 6, 2011
Jane Doe wrote:
What about the CFS closings in Chalotte and Rock Hill. Anyone know of any others?
I've heard about the Aug1 round of CFS closings. Absolutely no warning. The closing centers will be open until Aug31. They do get a severance-60 days non-working period (full pay & benefits). After that the severance is according to company policy, 2 weeks pay for every year of employment.

Sad thing is the lies they told everyone on the conference calls. The closings had NOTHING to do with expired leases, performance, or SAFE licensing. It sickened me to hear Ray tell everyone that they just need to be sure they are one of the "top performers" to avoid losing their jobs and having their centers closed. If you're a Citifi employee...LOOK at the numbers (the FIRST rankings report to come out for July)! Compare that to the closing centers. You'll see that they did not close the 'bottom of the barrel'.

IMO, they're liquidating and no one is safe from losing their job. All the employees I know worked exceptionally and are casualties of greedy top execs.

BTW, all the Kitty Hawk employees were not SAFE licensed, 3 out of 6 were and the remaining 3 were very close to having theirs completed.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4244 Aug 6, 2011
No one asked for your opinion..my comments are ALL TRUE!!
Kitty from Katmandu wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are ILLEGITIMATE!!!- Agree with Roadkill
just because

United States

#4245 Aug 7, 2011
Survival is dependant on you.... top talent is never eliminated, it is utilized... it may not be in the same capacity with which you are accustomed to, but always utilized..... YOUR CHOICE!!!!
former

Rochester, MI

#4246 Aug 7, 2011
Just because you are full of s... You are obviously dm or up. You talk out your butt. Doesn,t matter what talent level when company is being liquidated. CITI needs to rid it self of you and will do whatever it takes to do so. Your savior will be being purchased by someone who wants to pursue sub prime lending.
Happy Guy

Macon, GA

#4247 Aug 7, 2011
I agree. You will all go down, no matter what and only those stupid DMs and higher talk like that. I am just surprised that "Just because" has time to be on this forum when he/she is kissing so much a$$.
former wrote:
Just because you are full of s... You are obviously dm or up. You talk out your butt. Doesn,t matter what talent level when company is being liquidated. CITI needs to rid it self of you and will do whatever it takes to do so. Your savior will be being purchased by someone who wants to pursue sub prime lending.
Way Former

Hartland, ME

#4248 Aug 8, 2011
The sinking ship is just that, a sinking ship. You people can't see the writing on the wall. The service centers are set up for a specific purpose--to liquidate! What happens when the liquidation is complete? Closure! Unless the full service branches are bringing in enough business to create a larger delinquency problem to ensure the service centers live to collect another day. Doubtful per my conversations with friends who still work for Citifinancial. 6 loans per month per employee staffed at 3? Certainly would make the old ROC program look stupid... It's sad what the consumer finance industry has been minimized to. I actually thought about trying to go back because I missed the challenges that were set forth. However, based on what I hear, the full service branches will also be liquidated, once sold. Good luck.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4249 Aug 10, 2011
just because wrote:
Survival is dependant on you.... top talent is never eliminated, it is utilized... it may not be in the same capacity with which you are accustomed to, but always utilized..... YOUR CHOICE!!!!
This is such BS. Top talent IS and HAS BEEN eliminated.
sumeone

Rome, GA

#4250 Aug 13, 2011
I'm really poor and citifancial picks on me there is this woman that works there.She calls my house 500 times a day so I just finally hang up on them.There is only one sweet person there.Yes,they do monitor you when you walk in.I'm tired of being picked on because I have nothing its called the name/stupid game.
sumeone

Rome, GA

#4251 Aug 13, 2011
they will rumour you to if u don't have a degree.
just because

United States

#4252 Aug 14, 2011
sumeone wrote:
..... HUH?
ByeByeCitifi

United States

#4253 Aug 15, 2011
sumeone wrote:
I'm really poor and citifancial picks on me there is this woman that works there.She calls my house 500 times a day so I just finally hang up on them.There is only one sweet person there.Yes,they do monitor you when you walk in.I'm tired of being picked on because I have nothing its called the name/stupid game.
First of all, they thought enough of you at the time to loan you the money!
So, let me get this straight. You are a customer who is behind on your payments? Citifinancial is not picking on you. You signed a contract promising to pay us back the money that you borrowed from us...and we would simply like our money back.
What do you mean by "they monitor you when you walk in the door?"
Do they have cameras? Let me ask you something? If you loaned your brother-in-law 500.00 and he told you he would pay you each month...and he didn't pay you...what would you do? Are you mad at Citifinancial because you have to pay us back? Good Grief!!! It's a business! We loan money and we want it back!!
ByeByeCitifi

United States

#4254 Aug 15, 2011
sumeone wrote:
I can assure you that this lady isn't calling you 500 times a day to find out why you don't have a degree.
Why don't you just answer the phone when she calls you and talk to her. It would save HER a lot of time and save YOU a lot aggravation! Maybe then...they would treat you differently.
BoneYard

United States

#4255 Aug 15, 2011
sumeone wrote:
Oh yeah, right! I'm sure they picked you out of all those customers to announce to the whole town or city that "you" don't have a degree. What makes you think they would waste their time?
They are too busy calling each customer 500 times a day, because no one will CALL THEM BACK! THEY DON'T HAVE TIME to pull everybody's college transcripts! It's not a GRAD school!
You're just mad because you are being held accountable for once in your life!
StayinLow

United States

#4256 Aug 15, 2011
sumeone wrote:
Hell, I'm poor too and I HAVE a college degree. Why don't you just talk to these people. You are the reason the woman treats you the way she does. You can't dodge them, so you need to make some kind of arrangement with them. It would help you both.
Way Former

Hartland, ME

#4257 Aug 15, 2011
sumeone wrote:
You people think this is a customer? Come on! Your goat has been got!
huh

New York, NY

#4258 Aug 16, 2011
sumeone wrote:
500 times a day huh? Well we work 8 hours day, minus an hour for lunch, that leaves 420 minutes left in the day, she would have to call you more then once a minute. So she does nothing else all day, helps no other customers, never goes to the bathroom, never leaves her seat, but hangs up and calls you right back? Wow... why don't you just answer. Your an adult, pick it up and talk to her. She may be calling and trying to offer you some help. I can promise you we don't pick on people because they are poor. There are many employees here that consider themselves poor. And monitor you when you walk in?? Sound alittle paranoid to me. If you knew how many people we deal with in a given day, you would realize we don't really have time to monitor customers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul 22 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun 28 integrity watch 5
News Citigroup Said to Cut 2,000 Jobs Next Month (Dec '15) May '16 Anonymous 14
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Jan '16 Human 84
OneMain Purchase (Jul '11) Jul '15 Hmmm 45
News Citigroup Seizes 89 New York City Taxi Medallio... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Dan Nietzsche 1
News Wall Street owns the Clintons: Why Hillary can'... (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
More from around the web