Poop

United States

#3965 Dec 8, 2010
gemma wrote:
ONE MAIN FINANCIAL??? REALLY??? LOLOLOLOL
What a fisher price total abortion of a name. Terrible, good job you losers

New York, NY

#3966 Dec 8, 2010
OneMain Financial? All that money to change our name and this is what they come up with???
WHAT the

Warren, NJ

#3967 Dec 8, 2010
OneMain Financial? really? Can't wait to get my shirt!! NOT
Kidding

Philadelphia, PA

#3968 Dec 8, 2010
But what will the branches not in Maine be called?
Poop

United States

#3969 Dec 8, 2010
Kidding wrote:
But what will the branches not in Maine be called?
One Secondary Financial?
Poop

United States

#3970 Dec 8, 2010
Oh Plz wrote:
You all are a bunch of whiners. Get over yourselves. If you hate your job so much QUIT so someone out there who would appreciate it could have it. We have become a society of whiners and complainers - greedy and selfish. I am trying to raise my kids better than this. You need to appreciate what you have and be grateful that you have it. The grass is NOT always greener. We have people that left us asking to come back. You are given soooo much in the field. Have you talked to any "support staff" lately? They don't get bonus, they don't get overtime, they don't get paid as much as a BAM in a branch and they certainly are not given special incentives thru branch contests. All you do is complain about how "hard" you have it... how "horrible" the company is. Then quit. I have friends that were let go that have better attitude then you whiners.
Go jerk off loser
gemma

Media, PA

#3971 Dec 8, 2010
I like "POOP" ;)
Kidding

Philadelphia, PA

#3972 Dec 8, 2010
POOP IS funny and feisty. Two thumbs up!
Still at Citi

Baltimore, MD

#3973 Dec 8, 2010
So all you critics who dislike your job and dislike the name...why don't you come up with a better name and let us know what it would be. Because certainly Commercial Credit was ridiculous since we clearly didn't do commercial lending and CitiFinancial was lame since it just became Citi anything and had no imagination. Now the company is trying to rebrand and make a name for itself and all you want to do is bash it. Imagine the suprise of the employees of a small computer company years ago when they came out and announced our name is going to be "Apple". I am sure everyone looked around like this is wacked. Whose laughing now? Surely most Americans have heard of Apple and also know the logo.
So, it may not seem like a good name to you now or relevant but the focus groups must have thought differently.
So bring on your names that would be superior to what was chosen...I am sure we would all love to hear how creative and brilliant you really are.
RAZMATAZ

Pierceton, IN

#3974 Dec 8, 2010
I have been in this business for well over 30 years. I have, at one time, worked for one of the
biggest finance companies. It was purchased by HFC.
The company I worked for, let us know well in advance of the purchase, and that we would not have jobs. You had to choice to stay, or leave. I had 15 years in with this company. I stayed to the bitter end. In return, I received one year of
full pay with benefits, as well as unemployment. This company had everything prepared for us in regards to signing up for the unemployment, resumes, and even set up interviews with local banks for us. In regards to working for CitiFinanial, I have nothing bad to say about this company. They have managed to help me purchase my first home, purchase several autos, but most recently helped me to adopt my first child. If the doors were to shut today, I have nothing but good things to say. You control your destiny. If you don't like the company, don't keep a job from someone who needs it. As far as the name change, it really does not matter what the sign says, it is the group of people that are inside the doors below the sign, that make it happen. Best of Luck
to each of you through out this process.
willBfine

Barnesville, OH

#3975 Dec 8, 2010
Still at Citi wrote:
So all you critics who dislike your job and dislike the name...why don't you come up with a better name and let us know what it would be. Because certainly Commercial Credit was ridiculous since we clearly didn't do commercial lending and CitiFinancial was lame since it just became Citi anything and had no imagination. Now the company is trying to rebrand and make a name for itself and all you want to do is bash it. Imagine the suprise of the employees of a small computer company years ago when they came out and announced our name is going to be "Apple". I am sure everyone looked around like this is wacked. Whose laughing now? Surely most Americans have heard of Apple and also know the logo.
So, it may not seem like a good name to you now or relevant but the focus groups must have thought differently.
So bring on your names that would be superior to what was chosen...I am sure we would all love to hear how creative and brilliant you really are.
It doesn't matter what our name is now, what matters is how we move forward and how we move away from Citi. Citigroup gave CitiFinancial a bad name. WE are still the same good people who have taken care of the customer's and the same good people who actually care about the future of our new start. Be thankful we are still here. We could have sank two years ago. We are still holding on and thankful to have a job.
willBfine

Barnesville, OH

#3976 Dec 8, 2010
agree with Still At Citi
gemma

Media, PA

#3977 Dec 9, 2010
Willbfine, are you kidding?? Citigroup is a powerhouse. Citifinancial, aka, a predatory lender, gave citigroup a bad name. That's why vikram made us do the name change. He wants total separation from us.
former

Westland, MI

#3978 Dec 9, 2010
Who is the new CFO Ben Dover?
ohio

Clyde, OH

#3979 Dec 9, 2010
Back when it was City Loan it was a good company and we got to watch the branch grow and had a lot of fun and a lot of contest and was taken care of. Then Citi had to keep buying and buying companies and forgot about their good employees who helped them get where they wanted to be. Oh and then they got way to big and started treating their employees like shit! Back when they opened up the system as they said and gave people up to $10k personal loans unsecured and said "oh they can afford it" even though they failed atp! I as a manager did not like what was going on and still stayed tight on our lending thru all that and got written up for it! Then a AD complimented our office on our lending and how we had the most profitable office 2 years in a row. And then closed our office? To the people that say just suck it up and do your job? Excuse me, I did for eighteen years and got let go and was told I would get unemployement and then it was denined? You suck it up and hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to you! Hope you have a great xmas with your family! Because in Ohio most of the jobs around here have moved to other countries! There are no jobs available for the people that sucked it up!
Happy Holidays

Freeport, ME

#3980 Dec 9, 2010
One mans financial is another mans debt collector!
gemma

Glenside, PA

#3981 Dec 9, 2010
Sorry Ohio, but typical shitty financial behavior.
former

Westland, MI

#3982 Dec 9, 2010
Not sure it's the best name I ever heard. How about Commercial Credik?
WHAT the

New York, NY

#3983 Dec 9, 2010
Still at Citi wrote:
Lets start with these two - Community Financial Services or
UrChoice Lending -
SickandTired

United States

#3984 Dec 9, 2010
You are obviously not a "field employee" as you call it, you know the ones that DO the job that keep the company afloat but never do enough? Sure you do..you have to be part of upper management "that cares about the employees" ya sure thing,,during VOE time! what a joke. Either that or you just have not been kicked in the teeth for busting your ass for the place! NOT 1 person on this forum wants to hear your opinion!!! If you are so bothered by a "bunch of whiners" why are you wasting your time reading these posts? GO BACK TO WORK!!!!
Oh Plz wrote:
You all are a bunch of whiners. Get over yourselves. If you hate your job so much QUIT so someone out there who would appreciate it could have it. We have become a society of whiners and complainers - greedy and selfish. I am trying to raise my kids better than this. You need to appreciate what you have and be grateful that you have it. The grass is NOT always greener. We have people that left us asking to come back. You are given soooo much in the field. Have you talked to any "support staff" lately? They don't get bonus, they don't get overtime, they don't get paid as much as a BAM in a branch and they certainly are not given special incentives thru branch contests. All you do is complain about how "hard" you have it... how "horrible" the company is. Then quit. I have friends that were let go that have better attitude then you whiners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... May 28 27Hood 48
News Wall Street owns the Clintons: Why Hillary can'... May 8 Tazo 1
News Elizabeth Warren tells Wall Street: 'Bring it on' Apr '15 SirPrize 5
News Costco Names Citi, Visa as New Credit Partners Mar '15 Neveragain 2
News Morning 10: $7B Citigroup settlement | Sotheby'... (Jul '14) Mar '15 Sydney 4
News A Midwestern Cow Girl Blew The Lid Off Of Citig... (May '12) Mar '15 Sydney 5
News NYC apartment sells for $88 million (Feb '12) Feb '15 No Compliments 8
More from around the web