citifinancial layoffs
Curious

Fort Worth, TX

#3926 Dec 2, 2010
Fortress wrote:
In January
Are they gonna close offices and have layoffs?
Poop

United States

#3927 Dec 2, 2010
Any news on what the dm meetings were about
agf new name

United States

#3928 Dec 2, 2010
so they announced today american general finances new name is.....Spring Leaf Finance, spring leaf 2 words how lame!
former

AOL

#3929 Dec 2, 2010
Are the Canadian offices new name Maple Leaf Finance?
Corner Office

Wyncote, PA

#3930 Dec 2, 2010
Glad I'm not a DM. Good luck replacing your salary.
Worried

Houston, TX

#3931 Dec 2, 2010
Poop wrote:
Any news on what the dm meetings were about
Meetings were about production goals and the new company expectations... Very positive about the new company...no discussion on how the branches will be split and shut down nor which are getting closed... But will take place on 1st and losing our vacation time... Will all be like new employees
Shocked

United States

#3932 Dec 2, 2010
Fortress makes no sense. Didn't AIG retain 20 percent interest in American General? Now you are trying to tell everyone that Fortress will purchase Citi? I don't claim to know much of anything but wouldn't that be a pretty big undertaking to buy Citi? And why would what is basically a broker (Fortress) be interested in buying what is basically a subprime lender in CitiFinancial? Your claims seem to be a little out there.
Curious

Fort Worth, TX

#3933 Dec 3, 2010
I heard from a reliable source that fortess has already sold off American general 1st mortgages. So they are a company that buys places and sells them off for profit.
Wrong

United States

#3934 Dec 3, 2010
Curious wrote:
I heard from a reliable source that fortess has already sold off American general 1st mortgages. So they are a company that buys places and sells them off for profit.
It's called securitization. Fortress has not been involved in anything like that. They have owned AG for 4 days!
Curious

Fort Worth, TX

#3935 Dec 3, 2010
Worried wrote:
<quoted text>
Meetings were about production goals and the new company expectations... Very positive about the new company...no discussion on how the branches will be split and shut down nor which are getting closed... But will take place on 1st and losing our vacation time... Will all be like new employees
What are the details on the changes to vacation and benefits ?
LOL

Elgin, TX

#3936 Dec 4, 2010
Has anyone heard of any truth to fortress buying Citifinacial
mid west

Warrensburg, MO

#3937 Dec 5, 2010
They have told cfs to be ready for a new bunch of accounts.
No time frame but said it would be soon.
dallas

Abilene, KS

#3938 Dec 5, 2010
does anyone know if they will announce before the first of the year?
not sure of future

Warrensburg, MO

#3939 Dec 5, 2010
Name change TBA next week.
Finance Guy

Wyncote, PA

#3940 Dec 5, 2010
If a fat girl falls in the woods and no one is there to see it, do the trees laugh?
Poop

United States

#3941 Dec 6, 2010
mid west wrote:
They have told cfs to be ready for a new bunch of accounts.
No time frame but said it would be soon.
Really? Who relayed that info?
Poop

United States

#3942 Dec 6, 2010
Supposedly we will find out before xmas.
SickandTired

North Ridgeville, OH

#3943 Dec 6, 2010
Just a thought, if Fortress is purchase Citifi& they purchased AG first, wonder if they already have some sort of commitment to AG employees? Like they stay and then if additional staff needed we will be hand picked? Again, just a thought?Opinions?
biding time

New York, NY

#3944 Dec 6, 2010
Has anyone heard of SunLife Financial out of Canada? I have seen some random things on the web that this maybe our purchaser.?.?.?
citian

United States

#3945 Dec 6, 2010
When did they move the processing center to Ohio?
Customer handed me a statement and I noticed that his payment wasn't going to Nevada.
I guess I missed the memo on that piece of info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OneMain Purchase (Jul '11) Jul 1 Hmmm 45
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... Jun '15 27Hood 52
News Citigroup Seizes 89 New York City Taxi Medallio... Jun '15 Dan Nietzsche 1
News Wall Street owns the Clintons: Why Hillary can'... May '15 Tazo 1
News Elizabeth Warren tells Wall Street: 'Bring it on' Apr '15 SirPrize 5
News Costco Names Citi, Visa as New Credit Partners Mar '15 Neveragain 2
News Morning 10: $7B Citigroup settlement | Sotheby'... (Jul '14) Mar '15 Sydney 4
More from around the web