citifinancial layoffs
Get Over It Plz

Warren, NJ

#3906 Nov 22, 2010
Every large corportation is the same, no company is perfect. My job is not perfect and I don't sit back in "fantasy land" thinking that it is. But you all work for a company that pays a good salary with a lot more time off then most people at other jobs get. In branches you have the opportunity to earn bonus - hello! Think of those support staff employees that don't get any of it and watch a bunch of whining assistant managers and customer service reps make more then them in salary and then get bonus and other "contest deals" on top of it... It's very agrivating. We have turned into a society of "what about me??" complainers. If it's not the exact way you want it you complain and think the grass is greener everywhere else. You think you are getting "screwed"... well, I'm here to tell you that if you were laid off, you were given better severence packages then most people with other companies. Good grief. If the company is not making the money, how can they afford the personel and the overhead? And don't complain about "upper management" and the money they make. I get sick of hearing that in this country these days, too. We have become a society of whiners. I am raising my children to do their best and be thankful for what they have, in good times and bad. Maybe we all need to sit back and be a little more gracious for what we have and stop all the complaining.
former

Utica, MI

#3907 Nov 22, 2010
You are right, we should never say anything or complain about anything and be thankful we are selling our country out to the China. Like outsourcing jobs everywhere. Take jobs away from true americans no someone like you who believes its allright because you still have a JOB.
someone in Indiana

Chicago, IL

#3908 Nov 23, 2010
I worked for this company for over 20+ years. I was always was on the top 10 in our district. Closed one of our offices and told me my job was safe ....only to send me to the other branch in the city. Work my ass off then send compliance officers in to find something I did wrong??? I would never violate a policy...actually I was even yelled out for not doing what I was told to do when I knew it was not a violation... They terminated my job told me to take my personal things and leave that my job at citi was done......what really sucks is people who have been written up for not doing their job are still employed even a employee that was on final warning for being late using cell pho at work surfing internet is the only person who still has a job...... the other people I worked with were late every day... took over hr lunch then took over 1hr to 2hr is the john daily are still working???? They did their collections in am the went to lunch and surfed the web after lunch?? Guess what they still have a job...... This company shows so much favortism..Hell the manager would even take a loan from you when you solicited the customer and give it to a employee that was struggling and written up because they might have talked to customer in last 30-60 days??? the people who are close enuf to go party with the manager and co-worker are still employed. and former employees are still partying with them and having a good time... Us dumb asses that actually worked and did our job got f-d in the a with nothing..... dont understand.... people who did good for years lost job--- some with no severence but some of the ones who just were assholes to work with and didnt do things by policy were given a severence pay???? Funny how the day before I was told to leave --with nothing---but couple days of earned vacation.... and 3 business days of Medical insurance...when I have several disabilities..... Doesnt make sense... what if I would have been drinking buddies and f-d off all day I might still have my job....but people with intergerity and morals get f-d with nothing It was also kinda funny how all employees including former employees knew the day prior to my termation.... All of which were my friends on facebook....all of which de-friended me the day prior... What a bunch a Losers.....
Sip King

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#3909 Nov 23, 2010
someone in Indiana wrote:
I worked for this company for over 20+ years. I was always was on the top 10 in our district. Closed one of our offices and told me my job was safe ....only to send me to the other branch in the city. Work my ass off then send compliance officers in to find something I did wrong??? I would never violate a policy...actually I was even yelled out for not doing what I was told to do when I knew it was not a violation... They terminated my job told me to take my personal things and leave that my job at citi was done......what really sucks is people who have been written up for not doing their job are still employed even a employee that was on final warning for being late using cell pho at work surfing internet is the only person who still has a job...... the other people I worked with were late every day... took over hr lunch then took over 1hr to 2hr is the john daily are still working???? They did their collections in am the went to lunch and surfed the web after lunch?? Guess what they still have a job...... This company shows so much favortism..Hell the manager would even take a loan from you when you solicited the customer and give it to a employee that was struggling and written up because they might have talked to customer in last 30-60 days??? the people who are close enuf to go party with the manager and co-worker are still employed. and former employees are still partying with them and having a good time... Us dumb asses that actually worked and did our job got f-d in the a with nothing..... dont understand.... people who did good for years lost job--- some with no severence but some of the ones who just were assholes to work with and didnt do things by policy were given a severence pay???? Funny how the day before I was told to leave --with nothing---but couple days of earned vacation.... and 3 business days of Medical insurance...when I have several disabilities..... Doesnt make sense... what if I would have been drinking buddies and f-d off all day I might still have my job....but people with intergerity and morals get f-d with nothing It was also kinda funny how all employees including former employees knew the day prior to my termation.... All of which were my friends on facebook....all of which de-friended me the day prior... What a bunch a Losers.....
Thats the Citi way, how about this CAD, suck people in with smoke and mirrors, skip your next two payments and have no payments till January, are you kidding me, the balance just went through the roof, I know for a fact customers are not being explained exactly how it works, most think "Oh there just going to add the two payments to the end of the contract" WRONG... Citi flips a $2500 furniture account and the customers on the for ever ever plan. When will it ever stop?
former

AOL

#3910 Nov 24, 2010
Creative Addon Deception= CAD
Former Empl

Canada

#3911 Nov 26, 2010
Hope everyone has a great Christmas. However, January and the next round of layoffs is just around the corner.
LOL

Pflugerville, TX

#3912 Nov 28, 2010
Any comments From anyone working in CFS
former

AOL

#3913 Nov 28, 2010
Not really Mary, not many left.
Very Untimely

Morgantown, WV

#3914 Nov 29, 2010
There is no doubt in my mind every word of this is true. Citi is a very dirty and nasty company. They have gotten away with treating customers and employees awful and then they get a bailout, seriously. Management and HR need to wake up and realize a bailout is nothing more than welfare and they are no better than anyone else.
SickandTired

Moscow, OH

#3915 Nov 29, 2010
Heard word that intentions to close ALL CFS branches..phase out over next year or so? AND cuts for FSN starting Jan2011.? Heard FSN has buyer to be announced Jan2011 also? & that the buyer intends to pick and choose who they are keeping, not just offices, but employees individualy. Anyone know about any truth to any of this? Thanks.
OH & by the way word to "Get over it plz" your time will come--count on it-- I used to feel the same way as you do about the company, until I shown just how much they appreciated how much I have done over the years. Sooner or later you will get kicked in the teeth, then you too will understand what everyone on this forum is talkin about!! If you think so highly of your job what are you wasting your time doing on this forum anyhow if you think we all just a "bunch of whiners"?!!
biding time

Warren, NJ

#3916 Nov 30, 2010
I have been hearing the same type of rumors as "sickandtired." However, I did not realize they were looking to layoff again so soon in FSN. Does anyone have anything further/clarification on this?
Corner Office

Camp Hill, PA

#3917 Nov 30, 2010
PA is next on the chopping block
Pooh Bear

Oakmont, PA

#3918 Dec 1, 2010
Corner Office wrote:
PA is next on the chopping block
I'm hearing the same thing about PA, it's going to be nasty in January.
Fortress

Houston, TX

#3919 Dec 1, 2010
I heard that the same company that bought American General is buying Citi, and they are going to combine Citi and American General.
Worried

Houston, TX

#3920 Dec 1, 2010
Fortress wrote:
I heard that the same company that bought American General is buying Citi, and they are going to combine Citi and American General.
I heard the same thing from my manager tonight
American General

Mount Morris, MI

#3921 Dec 2, 2010
I don't think Fortress is purchasing Citi Fi. But reading through all your forums, it sounds like you all hate your jobs as much as we do!
Curious

Dallas, TX

#3922 Dec 2, 2010
Fortress wrote:
Isn't the name of the company that bought AG named fortress. The same as your user name?
Fortress

United States

#3923 Dec 2, 2010
Duh!!!
Curious

Dallas, TX

#3924 Dec 2, 2010
Fortress wrote:
Duh!!!
So when will they announce it to Citi employees?
Fortress

Houston, TX

#3925 Dec 2, 2010
In January

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citigroup layoffs 2017 Jun '17 anom12 4
grandfathered sick time Apr '17 Gerard Vecchio 1
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... (Oct '16) Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun '16 integrity watch 5
More from around the web