Citigroup Layoffs?
The Bottom Line

Las Vegas, NV

#6872 Feb 17, 2012
really wrote:
last year we promoted the best of the best tellers to universal bankers then we sent them through extensive training. Now we are letting them go they will all be gone March 1st really. So those we deemed unqualified are staying really. Citibank trips over dollars to save pennys
I'm wondering if Citi is going to have Indian and Foreign tellers to increase their bottom line, like they already did with their American IT staff???? What is happening to America??? Do the corporations really rule our government? Why does the USA not care about are own people?? I believe in US Capitalism...not World Capitalism!!
Offshoring to Costa Rica

Bradenton, FL

#6873 Feb 18, 2012
Citi has been offshoring every accounting and tax position they can for years. Many jobs come from New York and Tampa.
Costa rica

United States

#6874 Feb 18, 2012
I understand the work quality is poor in costa rica. That is the reason for the new
center in india.
also ex-citi

New York, NY

#6875 Apr 2, 2012
Tech support in new york just layed offf 19 people...their jobs are going to singapore
Moving to India

Commack, NY

#6876 Apr 7, 2012
Has anyone seen that idiot Benowitz around?
AnC

Central District, Hong Kong

#6877 May 18, 2012
What a load of crap, saw this old blog and its not heresay in my case i work there. He is one of the best managers, professional, good at his job and caring for the staff. obviously didnt care much for your work and sorry that you were laid off. on the TV in the staff lounge stop lying ... never seen him watching....
grow up and stop defiling good people just because you can.. Again a great manager love to work for him and would follow him to his next role
since you are lying,
Simon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are right based on what you have said. But you have to understand that whether somebody does well or gets to hang around in Citi is not always based on merit.
Sometimes it is also based on where you are from. Rakesh Das may be a poor manager and may have very little substance, but what he has going for him is that he is from India......and that is where the current CEO is from too.
So eventhough he has abused his position/ authority by purchasing a TV set for himself, he will still be allowed to stay in his role and milk Citigroup with his expensive expat package for many years to come!!! And now that the US Governmenet has used the tax payers money to rescue Citi, Rakesh Das will get to milk Citi and the US Tax payers for a few additional more years!!!
ann

Singapore, Singapore

#6878 May 29, 2012
i just read this and this is absolute nonsense. he is a great manager and doing a wonderful job. he recently moved out for a short while and staff were really happy when he came back. he is detailed , people focussed and very fair. the comments below seem to be driven by people who actually have been asked to leave at that difficult time. citi has survived because of managers like rakish
Simon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are right based on what you have said. But you have to understand that whether somebody does well or gets to hang around in Citi is not always based on merit.
Sometimes it is also based on where you are from. Rakesh Das may be a poor manager and may have very little substance, but what he has going for him is that he is from India......and that is where the current CEO is from too.
So eventhough he has abused his position/ authority by purchasing a TV set for himself, he will still be allowed to stay in his role and milk Citigroup with his expensive expat package for many years to come!!! And now that the US Governmenet has used the tax payers money to rescue Citi, Rakesh Das will get to milk Citi and the US Tax payers for a few additional more years!!!
acc

Singapore, Singapore

#6879 May 29, 2012
agree great manager
acc

Asia/Pacific Region

#6880 May 29, 2012
I might add that he is a great manager and the originla post is petty and incorrect
Asia ARR Employee wrote:
<quoted text>Its really sad that you, without working here, are making personal remarks about our management who is going out of their way to make Citi a better place to work. Employees are and will remain a key focus for Citi management in addition to the business challenges that we face. The only paid channel is news, and auditors also need to keep abreast of the latest economic and political events that impact the business. FYI the TV is in the staff pantry.
jkl

Asia/Pacific Region

#6881 May 29, 2012
rakesh das is a great manager and when my colleague showed me the post I feel bad that blogs like this can be used to defame even the best managers.
ann wrote:
i just read this and this is absolute nonsense. he is a great manager and doing a wonderful job. he recently moved out for a short while and staff were really happy when he came back. he is detailed , people focussed and very fair. the comments below seem to be driven by people who actually have been asked to leave at that difficult time. citi has survived because of managers like rakish
<quoted text>
jkl

Asia/Pacific Region

#6882 May 29, 2012
RAKESH DAS is a very good supervisor, committed and deciated, works hard
Asia ARR Employee wrote:
<quoted text>Its really sad that you, without working here, are making personal remarks about our management who is going out of their way to make Citi a better place to work. Employees are and will remain a key focus for Citi management in addition to the business challenges that we face. The only paid channel is news, and auditors also need to keep abreast of the latest economic and political events that impact the business. FYI the TV is in the staff pantry.
jkl

Asia/Pacific Region

#6883 May 31, 2012
what nonsense and such a misleading comment. you were laid off I guess thats why the untrue stuff. Its in the pantry and have never seen RD sitting in front of it. Its a great idea though and when having lunch its great to be bale to see the news. wake up and stop trying to besmirch good managers and ideas.
Asia ARR Employee wrote:
Truth Teller

Denville, NJ

#6884 Jun 2, 2012
rakesh stop posting
jkl wrote:
what nonsense and such a misleading comment. you were laid off I guess thats why the untrue stuff. Its in the pantry and have never seen RD sitting in front of it. Its a great idea though and when having lunch its great to be bale to see the news. wake up and stop trying to besmirch good managers and ideas. <quoted text>
America First

Las Vegas, NV

#6885 Jun 13, 2012
also ex-citi wrote:
Tech support in new york just layed offf 19 people...their jobs are going to singapore
HMMM.... is Singapore cheaper than India now???
major changes

Netherlands

#6886 Aug 15, 2012
This globalization of the banking system is just the beginning. The major world banks run the corporations who run the governments who run the military.
They are not just in the process of Globalizing Citi but all of the world banks. When national currencies collapse they will take them over and we will be under a one world Government ruled by a few powerful elite. Job layoffs are bad but that is the least we will need to worry about.
America First

Las Vegas, NV

#6888 Oct 16, 2012
Well Well Well...Vikram Pandit escapes with 15 million...well earned?? Failed the stress test. Need new Indian blood??
Let India bail out Citi

Dewitt, MI

#6889 Oct 26, 2012
Looks like Mike C. is a run of the mill citi lackie, cost cutting, cost cutting. How is that back still in business?

It looks like nothing more than a front to get Indians into the US.
America First

Las Vegas, NV

#6890 Oct 27, 2012
Let India bail out Citi wrote:
Looks like Mike C. is a run of the mill citi lackie, cost cutting, cost cutting. How is that back still in business?
It looks like nothing more than a front to get Indians into the US.
I agree...might a well turn over Citi to the Indians!!
Deja Vu -

Edison, NJ

#6891 Dec 5, 2012
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

These are the first 2 posts in this discussion which began in 2007.
----------
CaliforniaMan
Forest Park, GA
Mar 20, 2007
There are rumors of layoffs for the upcoming few weeks. Has anyone else heard this?
----------
CitiEmp
Corona, CA
Mar 21, 2007
Prince has stated that he wants 1 billion dollars in expenses cut this year. I've heard from more than one source that there will be early retirement packages offered and then layoffs if the retirement offers aren't hitting the numbers they want. This supposedly will happen across all the businesses between Arpil 01 - 10.

We'll see.
----------
remote employee

Mexico

#6892 Dec 5, 2012
Has anyone heard anything about the layoff?? Where? When?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citigroup layoffs 2017 (Apr '17) Jan 25 Citi boss 9
grandfathered sick time (Apr '17) Apr '17 Gerard Vecchio 1
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... (Oct '16) Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun '16 integrity watch 5
More from around the web