Citigroup Layoffs?
XCITI

Edison, NJ

#6852 Oct 31, 2011
Nothing new? I guess all is well.
Ex-citi

Saint Louis, MO

#6853 Oct 31, 2011
Nope. I was just laid off today, as were about 20 other people from the O'fallon location.
also ex citi

AOL

#6854 Nov 1, 2011
i was laid off last thursday after 24 years with no explaination...business reasons.....it was done unprofessionaly....I am an old Solly guy and i am not used to being treated like dirt.
XCITI

East Brunswick, NJ

#6855 Nov 1, 2011
Sorry to see that layoffs continue. It seems this is all under the radar to ensure the media is unaware.

There is life after Citi though it is difficult to adjust after the initial shock. Which groups were hit?
also ex citi

AOL

#6856 Nov 2, 2011
i worked in IT....i heard of numerous other folks in differnt areas of IT
terminated

Wentzville, MO

#6857 Nov 3, 2011
also ex citi wrote:
i worked in IT....i heard of numerous other folks in differnt areas of IT
also dumped from IT after manager claimed group was safe 2 minute call to my cell and it was over was a witch hunt my reviews were good just had a "corporate snitch" had it in for me
The Bottom Line

Las Vegas, NV

#6858 Nov 4, 2011
Need to prop of the 'ol bottom line. Must continue to make Citi more profitable at the expense of loyal Citi workers!!! Don't worry...Indians will carry the load and keep the bonuses growing for the top 10!! You wonder why there is a "Occupy" Back" movement!!
Ex-citi

Saint Louis, MO

#6859 Nov 7, 2011
I'd been there 11 years with good reviews across the board.

Our team had already been slashed 3 times over the last 5 years and we were running barebones. I wasn't the only one let go from my team, either.

There didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, especially since we posted a profit this year. It was pretty cold and unfeeling to be honest, after such a long time of giving hours and hours of salaried/unpaid overtime to their sacrificial altars.
The Bottom Line

Las Vegas, NV

#6860 Nov 9, 2011
Ex-citi wrote:
I'd been there 11 years with good reviews across the board.
Our team had already been slashed 3 times over the last 5 years and we were running barebones. I wasn't the only one let go from my team, either.
There didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, especially since we posted a profit this year. It was pretty cold and unfeeling to be honest, after such a long time of giving hours and hours of salaried/unpaid overtime to their sacrificial altars.
Sorry to say...it is 100% pure GREED!! Profit???? Never enough!! Always want MORE profit!! Only way is to CUT AMERICAN Workers and make the remaining workers work harder and good reviews are 100% useless!!! The OCCUPY movements have a point!!!
Production Assurance

United States

#6861 Dec 6, 2011
I heard there may be more layoffs in Russ Vaughn's org. Anyone know what the future if Incidnet Management will be?
gocgo

Warren, NJ

#6862 Dec 6, 2011
Curious if the 4500 job cuts will come in middle management. Right now, this corporation is so top heavy that it's silly. All of the cuts in my group the last few years were all worker bees. No management whatsoever.
Already Gone

Saint Louis, MO

#6863 Dec 9, 2011
Nope, they're getting worker bees this time too. I was in technology and always had good reviews.

I actually got the notice in Oct, but they were being hush hush about it, so technically I'm "working" for Citi till Dec 31st.(I even got a letter about renewing my healthcare for 2012 HA!)

They're basically down to the bone at this point. And when they said bonuses are going to be down 20-30% for CEO's.. wah wah... that's nothing compared to the ridiculous and uncalled for meteoric rise they've been on these past few years.

The whole organization is screwed up.
Mario

Commack, NY

#6864 Dec 11, 2011
To all my Citi friends, Merry Christmas!
also ex-citi

AOL

#6865 Dec 12, 2011
not so happy when you are out of work...thats cit...i hope the big guys get their bog bonuses
also ex-citi

AOL

#6866 Dec 12, 2011
i meant BIG bonus...sorry
The Bottom Line

Las Vegas, NV

#6867 Dec 12, 2011
also ex-citi wrote:
i meant BIG bonus...sorry
I'm sure they will!!! More CITI workers need to be sacrificed every year!!
Former Citi employee - LI

South Salem, NY

#6868 Dec 30, 2011
SOunds like a very sad place to be....glad I left in 2007.
The Bottom Line

Las Vegas, NV

#6869 Jan 3, 2012
Former Citi employee - LI wrote:
SOunds like a very sad place to be....glad I left in 2007.
YES...it is SAD for the American workers who are left and a very very great place for the CEO's, CFO's and the powers that be to be working for!! I'm so sorry for the CEO's, CFO's etc...they are sooooo under paid and more sacrifices need to be made!! I have an idea...start outsourcing to CHINA...they are cheaper than India and CITI's bottom line will surely increase and more bonuses will be "earned" by the poor underpaid upper management!!!!
Curious Citi Employee

Denton, TX

#6870 Jan 7, 2012
Does anyone possibly have any idea where the 4,500 job cuts will come from in 2012?
really

United States

#6871 Feb 2, 2012
last year we promoted the best of the best tellers to universal bankers then we sent them through extensive training. Now we are letting them go they will all be gone March 1st really. So those we deemed unqualified are staying really. Citibank trips over dollars to save pennys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun '16 integrity watch 5
News Citigroup Said to Cut 2,000 Jobs Next Month (Dec '15) May '16 Anonymous 14
OneMain Purchase (Jul '11) Jul '15 Hmmm 45
More from around the web