Former Employee - NY

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

Gee Citibank is so small these days, it is like a regional bank. Look at how Wells Fargo took over Wachovia and became bigger than the big C! Citbank sold the German banks that it had and kept the Greece market...that should tell you everything that you would want to know about the compency of Citibank.
Grim

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Any news today? Rumors running wild here.
Pete

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

citi pride wrote:
Today my manager said that at first it was thought that the 15,000 could be met through normal attrition and we simply wouldn't rehire when people left the bank. However that is impractical when certain buisnesses will cease to function if we went that route. Unfortunately I'm afraid that no Citi function will be safe until after the announcement. We DO get 2 weeks pay for every year of employment, though.. Huzzah! Better turn in touition reimbursement while you can!
Which sucks for those of us who have been here 18 months.
Curious in TX

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Hello from TX! Does anyone know anything about the Dallas Imaging site possibly closing?
Misrak

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

not yet we have meeting around 1 Pm
Pete

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Due to be laid off in 7 minutes....got a mnadatory meeting e-mail.
Curious in TX

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

So Pete, was it the dreadfull lay off meeting? We haven't heard anything here as of yet. I wish they would just get it over with
Lori

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Boise site turned chickenshit and called all of us shortly after we left to tell us by phone tonight.
selamina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2011

dallas branch we got laid off... with 2 month none work paid and 2 pay check every year you work that's your cervence pakage
Pete

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Yep, I was canned....same package as selamina. I helped a team in Dallas do VOEs. I am in O'Fallon, MO....dunno why it sez Brooklyn by my name.
Vicky

Mercersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Any news on Hagerstown Md?
Former Employee-NY

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

Judged:

I am sorry for those who are facing the prospect of layoffs. Unfortunately, I think that the glory days of Citibank are long gone. Banks like Well Fargo have stock that are valued in the double-digit range, yet Citibank is still under $5, well over three years since the collapse of their stock from the $40 range. You know that things are bad when they sell off the profitable German marke and keep the Greek market. The last big acquisition of FAB in Texas has not lead to any kind of momentum for the bank to expand into other areas in the south at all.

Citibank is just a very small bank these days.
Citi LOL

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

Now that Citi reverse split it's stock, watch it go from the mid-forties back down to $1. With the quality of people that are left at Citi, it's no wonder. That means you Benowitch.
Former Employee-NY

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

May 10
Citigroup, the heaviest-traded U.S. stock that accounted for 6.8% of total U.S. stock trading volume last year, drastically shrunk its share count. The move instantly erased its single-digit stock price, which has been a persistent reminder of the trauma the bank suffered during the financial crisis.
Through a reverse split, Citigroup was able to ax a huge number of shares outstanding by turning every 10 shares into a single share. Instead of trading for less than $5 a share, where Citigroup has languished despite improvements in profits and capital, the New York financial behemoth instantly became a $40 stock. Shares of the bank fell $1.04, or 2.3%, to $44.16.
Vikram Pandit, CEO of Citigroup, took pains to point out to investors the plan for the reverse split at the bank's annual meeting on April 21.
Citigroup isn't the only financial institution whipsawed by the financial crisis to try a reverse split. In July 2009, American International Group Inc. executed a 20-for-1 reverse stock split. Initially, the stock rose. A year after the reverse split, it was up roughly 87%. Year-to-date, however, the stock is down roughly 39%, making it one of the worst performers in the S&P 500-stock index in 2011.
Broader studies also show a mixed record for reverse splits. James Rosenfeld, an associate professor of finance at Emory University's business school in Atlanta, said he and April Klein of New York University's business school had tracked the performance of 1,600 companies that did reverse stock splits over a three- year period. They underperformed the returns of comparable companies by 50 percentage points.
Investors didn't gain a thing despite Monday's apparent share-price jump, a concept Citigroup Chief Executive Vikram Pandit took pains to point out to investors at the bank's annual meeting on April 21.
"It's like a pizza pie: Whether you have 10 slices or 12 slices, your ownership doesn't change," said Mr. Pandit. Citigroup declined to comment on Monday's stock-price move.
Citigroup became a $40 stock for the first time since late 2007, as its share price appeared to rise more than 850% from Friday's close.
Former Employee-NY

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Judged:

If you were to ask me, I think that the reverse split idea was a psychological ploy. Citigroup had no real means of getting back to the $40 range, after three years of trying, so they are playing a funny numbers game to try to fool people. If this stock goes down, then you really are splitting pennies!
US People to ruin

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

Former Employee-NY wrote:
If you were to ask me, I think that the reverse split idea was a psychological ploy. Citigroup had no real means of getting back to the $40 range, after three years of trying, so they are playing a funny numbers game to try to fool people. If this stock goes down, then you really are splitting pennies!
Citi should be getting ready for another reverse split!! Hooray for outsourcing!!! This really shows you how great it is to use foreign workers to run (or should I say ruin) a once great company!!!
Marty Lipper

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

US People to ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
Citi should be getting ready for another reverse split!! Hooray for outsourcing!!! This really shows you how great it is to use foreign workers to run (or should I say ruin) a once great company!!!
Could not agree more!
And then what's left are paranoid jerks out to protect themselves
sawgrass

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

i am working on this project as hhhhhh...

we are really gone mad .

but learnt a lot

its sucks
US People to ruin

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Judged:

sawgrass wrote:
i am working on this project as hhhhhh...
we are really gone mad .
but learnt a lot
its sucks
Just be happy you have a job that Americans used to have!!
Citi Watcher

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

Let's see if CITI can get back to $1.00/share again??? Maybe they can outsource more employees to get their DAMN bottom Line up again, since that is their management style!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JPMorgan, BofA to raise junior banker pay by 20... 17 hr WhyNotMe 1
citi svp salary level in ny Aug 15 tommy 1
Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Aug 10 PULTEGROUP is a RICO 4
Judge Griesa authorises payment of bonds under ... Aug 10 LAWYERS GONE WILD 1
How to get a RAISE at Citigroup??? (Jul '10) Aug 5 The Fixer 27
Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Jul 29 Human at Earth 77
Citigroup reaches deal to repay $20 billion in ... (Dec '09) Jul 29 The Fixer 8

Search the Citigroup Forum:
•••