Since: Jan 09

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

I lost my job last Monday. Since I worked 7 hours and had barely used any of my holiday time that was allocated to me for the month, I thought "hey, at least I'll have a check at the end of the month," (makes sense right?).
I called connect one this morning to find out how much my check was, and was told that I wouldn't be getting a check. That because most of the money due out to me was in unpaid benefits (planned & holiday) it would be applied to my outstanding tuition reimbursement that (shocker here!) I have to pay back.
No one called to inform me. No one called when they shut down my Health spending acct, which I put money into with my 15th of the month check. I was so frustrated. I had worked for them for over 3 years, when people were leaving left and right and I worked my ass off. But because the call volume was down (partially due to over-hiring) and lack of payments, my numbers were insufficient. So off I went after working a 7 hour shift. I didn't come in to work and then get let go. They waited until my day was almost over. Pushing back my meeting with my UM till the last possible second.
I don't know what to do but at least I will be getting unemployment. Good luck to all of those still at Citi and struggling.
Former Employee-NY

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

To the last two posts, I am very sorry about the circumstances that impacted you. As I have pointed out before, Citibank is the most un-American company that there is with this obsessive outsourcing to India. The President addressed Congress last night and mentioned that companies who outsource jobs out of the US should not be getting any tax breaks. I think Citibank will be in the cross hairs of the President and Congress, given that they received help from the taxpayers and are outsourcing work out of the country. I think that consummers should make note of this and not bank with Citibank. Remember, Citibank and others used bank deposits to finance their exploits into the real estate and mortgage market. They should not be rewarded for this in any way, either by consummer using their products, nor with any further help from the US government. They better pay back the loan soon or dire consequences will occur with action by Congress. I will keep on saying this.....
Bob Rubin

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Sorry for your misfortune. My fate with Citi is very similiar to yours. I'm sorry to say that there is not much you can do, we have all found out the hard way that Citi is the lowest of the low and will screw their devoted employees any way they can and for as long as they can. One thing you can do is to close all of your Citi accounts and just don't deal with them. In the meantime, if you get a call from Citi/India regarding your accounts, tell the person point blank that they have a job simply because you lost your job to them and that you don't want to hear their sales pitch!
former employee wrote:
i was laid off 2 years ago after 18 years of dedicated servcie due to outsourcing and have been unable to find a job since. for every 1 interview i get there are 400 people going for the 1 job. i have had to go back to school to change careers at almost 50 years old!!!! then the kicker, is citi from india has the gall to call me, pronounce my name wrong, can't understand them and want me to pay my bill with them. with what????? there are no jobs and there are fewer and fewer everyday due to outsourcing. run hard and run fast from corporate America.
Allure Nobell

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Judged:

I was laid off from a subsidiary of Citi Mortgage in 2008, after five years working with the best team of people I have ever worked with anywhere, and have not worked since. I'm in California, so things are really bad. I am middle-aged, and despairing of ever getting another job in Tech. This week I finally moved all of my 401K/pension stuff over to an IRA, and cashed in what was left of my stock. It's embarrassing to mention how much it is worth. I can't believe I wasted so much of my own money on their stock purchase program that they encourage you to participate in.
Former Employee-NY

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Judged:

I am sorry to hear that you are still out of work. A lot of people have been hurt by the moves made by Citi. I did invest in the 401K plan and in generally low interest funds, however, the company matched their portion in Citi stock, which was selling for over $40 at the time. So the drop from $40 down to $3 is quite significant in this portion of my 401K plan. It is rough for those who on their own selected Citi stock. A number of folks say that the stock will go up again, but I would not be so sure, given that it has been below $3 for a full year now. I cannot see how it could even reach $20 in two or three years time, given the compass that the company is following now. The bank no longer has the international presense that it used to have.

Since: Aug 09

Metropolis, Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

Former Employee-NY wrote:
To the last two posts, I am very sorry about the circumstances that impacted you. As I have pointed out before, Citibank is the most un-American company that there is with this obsessive outsourcing to India. The President addressed Congress last night and mentioned that companies who outsource jobs out of the US should not be getting any tax breaks. I think Citibank will be in the cross hairs of the President and Congress, given that they received help from the taxpayers and are outsourcing work out of the country. I think that consummers should make note of this and not bank with Citibank. Remember, Citibank and others used bank deposits to finance their exploits into the real estate and mortgage market. They should not be rewarded for this in any way, either by consummer using their products, nor with any further help from the US government. They better pay back the loan soon or dire consequences will occur with action by Congress. I will keep on saying this.....
Citi paid back their tarp before the pres even thought about imposing fees on the money loaned
Former Employee_NY

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

Sorry, that is not technially correct. There is a bit of smoke and mirrors...see below from a recent article where Citi still is on the hook for $25 billion:

The dollar value of the “remaining equity stake” is $25 billion. There is no certainty that this amount can be paid back in the “6-12” months indicated in the prospectus.

Citi is not out of TARP. Those headlines were wrong. They will be out of TARP when they have repaid all of what is owed. If Citi receives the benefits of ‘being out of TARP’ before it is actually out of TARP the process will have been subverted.
Ex-Citi Unemployed

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

Former Employee_NY wrote:
Sorry, that is not technially correct. There is a bit of smoke and mirrors...see below from a recent article where Citi still is on the hook for $25 billion:
The dollar value of the “remaining equity stake” is $25 billion. There is no certainty that this amount can be paid back in the “6-12” months indicated in the prospectus.
Citi is not out of TARP. Those headlines were wrong. They will be out of TARP when they have repaid all of what is owed. If Citi receives the benefits of ‘being out of TARP’ before it is actually out of TARP the process will have been subverted.
Citi should just close up all of it's operations and move them to Bangalore...the capital of Karnataka, India! Get out of the country, write off the debt owed to the U.S...they do not practice their business in the "American" way anyway, unless the "American" way is to make profit at all cost, including the elimination of the American worker! God help us all!!
Marty Lippert

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

Right on,

It continues 300 people let go in NY "business" personal wealth management.

100 offshore added for project management of outsourcing clearing and trading for PWM
50 Added offshore for a new PWM website

This is the payback for the US tax payer

No one talks about in government. All the NY politicians know. The Fed knows.
Even the MTA knows since the payroll tax doesn't fund the trains anymore since there are no workers on the payroll.

The pres is all talk on this no action.
really

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

Crap I work here in America. Get a job that puts you in front of the client and guess what you are now a valuable employee not a voice on the phone.
Former Employee_NY

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

Recently, I had a memory card issue with my Kodak digital camera. I found the Kodak website and there was a connection to chat with the helpdesk on-line. I have no idea where the helper was calling from but it was a very long name that I could not pronounce. I think that the ball started rolling with NAFTA but the big businesses took it much further, taking jobs out of the country. It is the shame of the USA. We need to bring the pride back into the USA and not support companies like Citigroup. In the long run, I do not think that Citigroup will be able to save itself, even with this large effort to outsource, because the core of the company is run by incompetent people, who still do not get the message about serving the customer.
I work from home

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Not true, Citi still owes TARP money. All of the big banks paid back 100% with the exception of Citi. Maybe India will pay it for Citi.
Rednekwizard wrote:
<quoted text>
Citi paid back their tarp before the pres even thought about imposing fees on the money loaned
Marty Lippert

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Down and out

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

I was laid off when my age and years of service add up to 59 years and 1 month. 11 months short of Rule of 60 to qualify for the retiree medical plan. The CORBA cost around $1600 a month which my unemployment benefits barely enough to cover. The separation package has a list of employees selected and not selected (for laid off) with their ages, I bet if the report shows the years of service as well it will tell another story. I am mad.
in the Know

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

I hate to tell you but the retiree medical insurance is more expensive than cobra. Mine costs over $1800 monthly with medical, perscripcions & eye care, I'm 56 yrs old
Citi Corporate Treasury

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Why are Loretta Moseman, Michael Vadeshi and Dan Goroff still working in Citigroup Corporate Treasury? after so much loss for the company. They should leave.
bob

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

I saw this on the montley fool blog site... anyone confirm ?

Effective April 1, 2010, we reserve the right to require (7) days advance notice before permitting a withdrawal from all checking accounts. While we do not currently exercise this right and have not exercised it in the past, we are required by law to notify you of this change," Citigroup said on statements received by customers all over the country."

Now why would they want a clause like this? Perhaps they are preparing for a run against them or a bank holiday.
Sunnyside

Rego Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Has anyone here used the Career Mobility web site with success to find a job in another part of Citi?
Ex employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

in the Know wrote:
I hate to tell you but the retiree medical insurance is more expensive than cobra. Mine costs over $1800 monthly with medical, perscripcions & eye care, I'm 56 yrs old
I was paying $1600 for med. perscrip. & dental. I was grandfathered years ago with the rule of 60. I would not back down and once I turned 55 citi stated paying part of my ins. But I did have to fight for it
in the Know

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Ex employee wrote:
<quoted text>
I was paying $1600 for med. perscrip. & dental. I was grandfathered years ago with the rule of 60. I would not back down and once I turned 55 citi stated paying part of my ins. But I did have to fight for it
I just retired this month / How much are you paying now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Citigroup Discussions

Search the Citigroup Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Jul 16 Human at Earth 75
Morning 10: $7B Citigroup settlement | Sotheby'... Jul 15 A New Perspective 3
Panel Slams Banks Over Credit Practices (Mar '07) Jul 15 williamscharles71 13
CitiMortgage Modification Statistics (Feb '09) Jul 6 common sense 242
Court limits judge's say over $285M Citigroup deal Jul 1 working class 5
Citibank to Leave Texas Market (Jul '08) Jun '14 Steve 15
B/E Aerospace Hires Advisers to Study Options I... May '14 ALVARO 1
•••
•••