Citigroup Layoffs?
Former Employee-NY

Brooklyn, NY

#6436 Aug 27, 2009
$5.05 stock price today!!! We are in the money!!!
Also Former Employee

Las Vegas, NV

#6437 Aug 27, 2009
Former Employee-NY wrote:
$5.05 stock price today!!! We are in the money!!!
Actually...they (we all know who) are in the money!!
Time for for more CITI profits...more employee cuts/outsourcing etc to improve the bottom line and restart the bonus program for THOSE PEOPLE! Keep up the good work CITI...there will be a place for you!!
Not All Bad

Carrollton, TX

#6438 Aug 27, 2009
Yes they do have a large auto finance division, but from what I have been told they are not interested in buying our book.
hanging in wrote:
<quoted text>Chase has a huge Auto group????
Messy Hair in Plainview

Jersey City, NJ

#6439 Aug 28, 2009
Bought another 10,000 shares today. Maybe with the profits I can get my hair combed.
hanging in

New York, NY

#6440 Aug 28, 2009
Not All Bad wrote:
Yes they do have a large auto finance division, but from what I have been told they are not interested in buying our book. <quoted text>
I guess we will see
voe

Sherman, TX

#6444 Aug 28, 2009
here's just the fax when you need him/her?
Former Employee_NY

Fairfield, CT

#6447 Aug 30, 2009
Hey Citibank! Eight banks paid their TARP loans off - when are you going to pay the money back to the taxpayers?
Former Employee-NY

Brooklyn, NY

#6448 Aug 31, 2009
Pay the TARP loan back...the taxpayers are waiting....
stating the facts

New York, NY

#6449 Aug 31, 2009
test
Also Former Employee

Las Vegas, NV

#6450 Aug 31, 2009
Why pay back the TARP? Not all executives have been paid what they believe they are worth (of course we all believe they are worthless!!)...
citi holdings

Los Angeles, CA

#6451 Aug 31, 2009
Is on all major finance news sites that Citi sold 3 Partner Credit Card portfolios within Citi Holdings. Does anyone know which 3 portfolios?

Since: Jan 09

Bothell, WA

#6452 Aug 31, 2009
I hope it's not sears so I don't lose my job. Although it'd make sense since the contract expired in November of last year
next to go

Rheems, PA

#6453 Aug 31, 2009
It was Key bank, Associated and American Dental Assoc.
BOB

Bountiful, UT

#6454 Sep 1, 2009
Former Employee_NY wrote:
Hey Citibank! Eight banks paid their TARP loans off - when are you going to pay the money back to the taxpayers?
Never... the gov wants to run citi just like GM.

Its all part of US REFORM to fascism.

any fascist leaders have claimed to support a "Third Way" in economic policy, which they believed superior to both the rampant individualism of unrestrained capitalism and the severe control of state communism.

This was to be achieved by establishing significant government control over business and labour (Mussolini called his nation's system "the corporate state"). I think Mussolini was a expert...

GM , AIG, Citi and many more... yep looks like major reform to me.
FYI

Montréal, Canada

#6459 Sep 4, 2009
What does that crap even mean, WTF!!!! Go spew your bs somewhere else.
Former Employee_NY

Fairfield, CT

#6461 Sep 4, 2009
Citi is never going to get to double-digit stock value. When I was an employee, I was given some stock options each year that had five years to be vested. Strike prices ranged from $40 to $60! No way Citi is even going to be 1/4 of that amount!! My stock options are like confederate money or museum pieces! I can only hope that the government watchdog gives them a hard time during the time that Citi still has the TARP loan. I believe that the average employee is not getting any raises and the big shots are still getting their raises. If the job market ever improves, Citi will lose many hard-working employees....
GCG employee

Brooklyn, NY

#6462 Sep 5, 2009
Does anyone from the GCG- North America know what the town hall in LIC is about on September 14th?
Moi

New York, NY

#6467 Sep 8, 2009
Truth, I think you're on the wrong forum.
florida

Boca Raton, FL

#6469 Sep 10, 2009
My boss laid off today at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
guess who

New York, NY

#6470 Sep 10, 2009
Was it just your boss?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun '16 integrity watch 5
News Citigroup Said to Cut 2,000 Jobs Next Month (Dec '15) May '16 Anonymous 14
OneMain Purchase (Jul '11) Jul '15 Hmmm 45
More from around the web