Marty Lippert

Paterson, NJ

#6030 Apr 18, 2009
Collections Rep wrote:
We were just told that a majority of the early stage collections is moving to India. I'm not sure when the layoffs will occur, but its going to be soon.
Maybe Big Jim can go too.
The Fixer

New York, NY

#6031 Apr 20, 2009
Yes, that will make Citi popular. Not only attempting to have people with funny accents calling you demanding money, but the fact that these people will have your PERSONAL FINANCIAL information.

Yeah, that's going to end up working out for us REAL well. At least with an american debt collector, you can track 'em down, drive to where they are and discuss the matter in person if things get to that point.

Not so with someone on the other side of the planet.
Gone

United States

#6032 Apr 20, 2009
11 people in my group, Service Engineering, aka DSD, across several sites, were layed off. Their last day was Friday.
SOE support

New York, NY

#6033 Apr 21, 2009
The layoffs still continue at Citi. Four of my coworkers are being let go so they can be replaced by Dell temps. Citi tech support folks are being offered their same position with Dell but at 1/3 the pay. I am waiting for my turn to come, which could be very soon in the next round. I am very nervous and scared as I support a family of five and I have worked for Citi for the past seven years. Now, just to save a buck, my family will get screwed. Thanks Citi management.
SOE support

New York, NY

#6034 Apr 21, 2009
Hey Big Jim - the layoffs are not over. Just ask Tony Disanto.
tampa call center

Auburndale, FL

#6035 Apr 21, 2009
any layoffs on the way, i know there has been a few, but what about departments!!!
Oh-Canada

Buffalo, NY

#6036 Apr 21, 2009
tampa call center wrote:
any layoffs on the way, i know there has been a few, but what about departments!!!
Hi - was wondering. I was on holiday in Florida this last week and drove I-75 past Citi campus near MLK Blvd. I didn't notice the Citi sign or logo. Is this site still open or was this part of the downsize? What kind of presence does Citi have in Tampa area?
citifi emp

New York, NY

#6037 Apr 22, 2009
yes that location is still there, there is a very large CITI sign there off i-75, maybe you just missed it. they have had cut backs but is still very large with hundreds of employees. citifinancial has 4-5 locations in the tampa bay area even after closing 4 offices in the tampa area.

Since: Apr 09

AOL

#6038 Apr 22, 2009
"SOE support:New York, NY"

Hey Big Jim - the layoffs are not over. Just ask Tony Disanto.

I work in one of Tony's group. Do you know of any specifics as to where the axe will fall and when?
I'am worried.
hortonwho

New York, NY

#6039 Apr 24, 2009
Don't know who Big Jim is. But you all seem to be hanging on his every word. Layoffs are alive and well and will be continuing, especialy at Smith Barney and Citi NY. SB had a huge round the end of March. They will be evaluated again the end of May and I'm sure if the branch figures aren't where they should be (and by the look of the stock price they won't be) another round will be happening. You can bet on layoffs continuing until the JM is completed the end of 4th quarter.
Citi-Amherst

Buffalo, NY

#6041 Apr 25, 2009
Yes, the layoffs continue and the outsourcing to Mumbai India via TATA continues. My position will soon be replaced by a Dell temp. There is nothing like having disgruntled employees waiting for the axe to fall. Not very smart Citi management...

Since: Feb 09

Hagerstown, MD

#6042 Apr 25, 2009
There may be some justice... Panda Bear my get laid off by Obama.. LOL
Stayed Too Long

Milford, CT

#6043 Apr 25, 2009
I never thought I'd say this, but I am so happy that I got laid off in the December round after more than 20 years of Citi service. Please be assured there is a great life after Citi... a much better life!!! Start looking because there are jobs out there in the financial services field.
Messy Hair

East Hampton, NY

#6044 Apr 26, 2009
I think it's time that us past and present Citi folk get together and make a statement. How about a major media event whereby we burn or destroy all of our worthless Citi memorabilia (awards, trinkets, stock certificates etc...) somewhere in NYC. Maybe Central Park. If I see enough show of hands, I can organize the event by setting up a web site and email address to put this thing together. Let's do it for Sandy Weill, Chuck Prince, Bob Rubin, Bandit and all the other millionaire scam artists.
Bailout Tracker

Saint Louis, MO

#6045 Apr 26, 2009
jsejmz09 wrote:
There may be some justice... Panda Bear my get laid off by Obama.. LOL
PANDIT and Ken Lewis must be fired.

Citi and BOA (along with every other big bank including JPM and WFC) should be broken into smaller pieces so that tax payers won't have to deal with this nonsense called systemic risk.
CitiFi Employee

Ripley, TN

#6046 Apr 26, 2009
Has anyone heard anything about CitiFinancial? Seems like we are being told "Business as usual" however, they failed to mention that the business is NOT there. They have cut off our lending but still expect the same results and the funny thing is that we are having Customer Appreciation Days in May - What a freaking Joke! Anyone heard anything about any layoffs in the CitiFi world? The best thing that could possibly happen would be for someone else to buy us at this point!
Jo-Jo Circus

Saint Peters, MO

#6047 Apr 27, 2009
Interesting how more and more companies announce they are pulling Customer Service out of India we continue to move more jobs over there...sounds like another clueless Citi move. Let's not listen to our customers complaints they will just go away...
PIPd One

Spokane, WA

#6048 Apr 27, 2009
CitiFi Employee wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about CitiFinancial? Seems like we are being told "Business as usual" however, they failed to mention that the business is NOT there. They have cut off our lending but still expect the same results and the funny thing is that we are having Customer Appreciation Days in May - What a freaking Joke! Anyone heard anything about any layoffs in the CitiFi world? The best thing that could possibly happen would be for someone else to buy us at this point!
No Mass Layoffs at CitiFi, they are just systematically downsizing by keeping the goals high and punishing those that cannot hit them. First a ROD, then a PIP, then the door. No Mass Layoff means HUGE savings on severance/benefits.
Phoenix

United States

#6049 Apr 27, 2009
CitiFi Employee wrote:
Well after losing a big part of your portfolio(i.e. Wick's, Rooms To Go, and most recently Puerto Rico) rumor is that Citfi Retail will be going away after audits (which I believed finished last week). I think Citifi Retail is almost finished.
who is lending

Lake City, FL

#6050 Apr 28, 2009
any news on CITIFI branch network?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Costco Names Citi, Visa as New Credit Partners Thu Neveragain 2
News Morning 10: $7B Citigroup settlement | Sotheby'... (Jul '14) Mar 4 Sydney 4
News A Midwestern Cow Girl Blew The Lid Off Of Citig... (May '12) Mar 4 Sydney 5
News NYC apartment sells for $88 million (Feb '12) Feb 28 No Compliments 8
Credit Card (Sears) has a Glitch Feb '15 Keeneusaf 1
News Bank Of America: Another Opportunity To Buy Low... (May '12) Feb '15 agw 12
News Iraq Oil Surge to Fan OPEC Rivalry That Trigger... Jan '15 jeffry 1
More from around the web