Citigroup Layoffs?
Confused Employee

Troy, MO

#4446 Dec 9, 2008
Sandy Weill wrote:
I just wanted everyone to know that Citimortgage has about 3-6 months to live. The prognosis is terminal. Please plan accordingly....
How do you know this?
jacksonville gal

Orange Park, FL

#4447 Dec 10, 2008
It has always been known that the severance package can change at any time and yes, I've heard the same thing about the reduction in severance from 2 weeks to 1 week. It's definitley going to be difficult for those who are JD'd in the first quarter.
Confused

New York, NY

#4448 Dec 10, 2008
Confused Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
I do not believe this, they are letting go all the Auto people, they are replacing them with Citi mort. people. I think they are down sizing Auto to sell it off.... they will keep all others, Auto is the one going away.....Just my opinion!!!!
Still here

United States

#4449 Dec 10, 2008
Any news today?
Michigan

Mexico

#4450 Dec 10, 2008
no name wrote:
The rumors in the ann arbor site is that by december 26th there will only be a small group left. That means all cs gone qa gone only keeping some processors and uw. I know about 25-*30 were let go on friday from ann arbor don't know how many from southfield were let go, Not looking good for everyone that is left
Why would they move us to the Ann Arbor office next week only to let us go on the 26th??
cintaz

Warren, NJ

#4451 Dec 10, 2008
I had my layoff meeting with HR Rep and I brought up the 2 weeks going to 1 week. She told me that for 2009 the policy will still be 2 weeks for every full year of service. Since my notification ends Feb 12 I will also get paid for vacation I accrue in Jan and Feb. That works out to about four days for me. Whoo hoo. New department that is taking over my job into theirs is not really busting their but to learn what I do. They are making me sit here and surf the internet all day until they bother to find the time. Guess I'll be here until my last day. I was told to hold off doing my job so that they could learn step by step.
O Fallon Fred

Springfield, MO

#4452 Dec 10, 2008
cintaz wrote:
I had my layoff meeting with HR Rep and I brought up the 2 weeks going to 1 week. She told me that for 2009 the policy will still be 2 weeks for every full year of service. Since my notification ends Feb 12 I will also get paid for vacation I accrue in Jan and Feb. That works out to about four days for me. Whoo hoo. New department that is taking over my job into theirs is not really busting their but to learn what I do. They are making me sit here and surf the internet all day until they bother to find the time. Guess I'll be here until my last day. I was told to hold off doing my job so that they could learn step by step.
what group are you in Cintaz?
worried citibanker

Bayville, NJ

#4453 Dec 10, 2008
Is there any new info about that status of things at citicards hagerstown? I heard they were planning on laying off a few hundred more employees in the near future, in additional to the 121 just done last friday.
Formerfan

Palm Springs, CA

#4454 Dec 10, 2008
cintaz wrote:
Do you really think that HR is going to tell you the truth?!?
Confused

New York, NY

#4455 Dec 10, 2008
Formerfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that HR is going to tell you the truth?!?
Amen, since when does anyone around here above you tell you the truth and shoot from the hip like adults are suppose to do..No they run around like scared little mice and act like if the truth was known, something bad would happen, no people could just prepare a little better, start looking a little earlier, and get ready. I guess I am just bitter!
Confused

New York, NY

#4456 Dec 10, 2008
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe this, they are letting go all the Auto people, they are replacing them with Citi mort. people. I think they are down sizing Auto to sell it off.... they will keep all others, Auto is the one going away.....Just my opinion!!!!
You may think I am nuts and you do not agree, but I know it is happening, Auto is going to be sold....we see who gets the last laugh....
Pink lady

Warren, NJ

#4457 Dec 10, 2008
el hombre por favor wrote:
No primerica is a volunter workforce
Pimerica is not a volunteer workforce...the reps are considered self employed. Volunteer work means no pay...trust me...Primerica wouldn't be around if they didn't get paid!
still here

Gate City, VA

#4458 Dec 10, 2008
I work at the call center in Gray TN and they let the vice president go this week and rumor is there is going to be another round of layoffs this Friday. Anyone hear anything about the Gray site or RPL,Oil or THD cards?
EX-CTB

New York, NY

#4459 Dec 10, 2008
dookbub wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you so much Bahama Bob, for your kind words of encouragement. I really needed that. I truly hope that this is a blessing as yours was. I just feel like i am losing 50 brothers and sisters and that is what is making it so hard for me. I am thinking of moving to the Bahamas, Bob, and working on the beach as a bikini bartender :) Why not, right :)
Who is this? You're from CTB in Elgin, right? Just wondering since I feel like we're sharing the same brain here! ha ha :)
Me again

New York, NY

#4460 Dec 10, 2008
Pink lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Pimerica is not a volunteer workforce...the reps are considered self employed. Volunteer work means no pay...trust me...Primerica wouldn't be around if they didn't get paid!
Thats what I mean if they don't generate revenue no pay very low cost way to do business so I will assume that business will be let alone.Or be sold as an asset.
DONE

New York, NY

#4461 Dec 10, 2008
For all you wholesale/retail people in Dallas and remote. I wish you the best of luck, however I do not think that you will have a job next yr. Rumor has it that Citi will get out of the mortgage business for the next three years.
may

Mississauga, Canada

#4462 Dec 10, 2008
what will citi do with primerica
tammy

Mississauga, Canada

#4463 Dec 10, 2008
test
Bill

Lincoln, NE

#4464 Dec 10, 2008
We are all anxious about Terri Dial's little visit to O'Fallon tomorrow for a "Town Hall meeting". Bringing with her some pretty big guns, head of HR so we hear. In Vikram's previous letters, and in Terri's most recent a recurring theme has been "One Citi". One platform, one "joint, melded service" without a bunch of silos and ancillary companies. My guess is that they are going to announce "dumping" all of the smaller companies that duplicates other areas. My guess, Primerica,CTB, Smith Barney, CitiFinancial, Cards, and Auto will all be a thing of the past. They sound like they want to get back to the "basics" in banking with the Customer Focus. Local branches, retail mortgages, no frills as far as exotic products. Local rumor is that Correspondent is shutting down, and that all of Michigan will be closed. I hate rumors as much as anyone.
Just Waiting

Toms River, NJ

#4465 Dec 10, 2008
Any new info on Hagerstown Md?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citigroup layoffs 2017 (Apr '17) Mar '18 anonymous 10
News SEC dropped inquiry a month after firm aided Ku... Mar '18 Talk to Cheever 2
grandfathered sick time (Apr '17) Apr '17 Gerard Vecchio 1
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... (Oct '16) Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54