Citigroup Layoffs?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#385 May 25, 2007
tnvol1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's supposed to be around every quarter after profits are announced. I had heard July would be the next cut since June is the end of the 2Q. I don't know how many will be effected, but I have heard it's going to be around 75,000 jobs by the time it's all over with.
Is there any more feedback on this information? I am trying to be proactive instead of reactive by looking outside Citi.I am concerned for our center in Utah. One level, 800 employees, no room to grow, leased building, etc. I hate going to work each day and feeling so much pressure to work 11+ hour days and work at least 10 projects at a time and still get a 2% annual increase for breathing wrong. I hate forced distrobution.

Since: May 07

Johnson City, TN

#386 May 26, 2007
Yesman14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any more feedback on this information? I am trying to be proactive instead of reactive by looking outside Citi.I am concerned for our center in Utah. One level, 800 employees, no room to grow, leased building, etc. I hate going to work each day and feeling so much pressure to work 11+ hour days and work at least 10 projects at a time and still get a 2% annual increase for breathing wrong. I hate forced distrobution.
Your best bet is going to be looking outside. I just received a job offer from another company and I fully intend to take it once my work period is up in June. The amount of relief I have now is amazing. No more having to deal w/ the politically correctness and red tape of this company!! I wish you the best of luck!!
texas

Memphis, TN

#387 May 26, 2007
Glad2B gonein TX wrote:
<quoted text>
I got whacked last month. I know for a fact more cuts are coming. Life is better outside of Citi. There are tremendous opportunities that pay better in the market. Not having to put up with all the ARR/Beaurocracy bullcrap is a bonus by itself. Good luck everyone.
your sooooo right!
texas

Memphis, TN

#388 May 26, 2007
He is coming back to Citifinancial next week

Do you mean he is not going to follow Tim Everett? Oh yeah, nobody will hire Tim untill he changes his management style. What Russell going to be doing now?
New Mexico Citi

United States

#389 May 28, 2007
texas wrote:
He is coming back to Citifinancial next week
Do you mean he is not going to follow Tim Everett? Oh yeah, nobody will hire Tim untill he changes his management style. What Russell going to be doing now?
For someone who is soooo happy with another company, You sure do seem consumed with this site... and say things about People that you don't know much about.....
Maine

Norton, VT

#390 May 31, 2007
From a reliable source: More lay-offs ahead. Due to the Citi purchase of Bisys, the Fund Services Business in Portland, Maine will be shut down before the end of this year. All business that was done in Portland will be done by Bisys staff in Columbus, Ohio. Presently, Citi has about 225 employees in Portland, Maine.
mousey

Lewisville, TX

#391 May 31, 2007
Heard in the air in TX that next cuts are 6/24-28. Another maybe in mid July.
Lots more US tech workers will be replaced with teams in India & Poland. If you snoop around the career mobility site you can find openings for managers of the new overseas teams.
Laurie

Denver, CO

#392 Jun 1, 2007
I am always looking for good people. I work for a company in Dallas,TX. If you are accounting professional with CPA, CISA or CIA. Also, looking for marketing professionals. If you know of anyone that might have interest please have them to contact me at [email protected]
Igirl

Pasadena, CA

#393 Jun 2, 2007
mousey wrote:
Heard in the air in TX that next cuts are 6/24-28. Another maybe in mid July.
Lots more US tech workers will be replaced with teams in India & Poland. If you snoop around the career mobility site you can find openings for managers of the new overseas teams.
How does one see the career mobility site? I am no longer a "Citier" (is that the correct term, or is it "Citigrouper" or "Citibanker" or ...?) so I can't see any internal job postings. Thank you.

Since: May 07

Johnson City, TN

#394 Jun 4, 2007
Igirl wrote:
<quoted text> How does one see the career mobility site? I am no longer a "Citier" (is that the correct term, or is it "Citigrouper" or "Citibanker" or ...?) so I can't see any internal job postings. Thank you.
you can visit www.citigroup.com/careers . However, it may not let you see all internal job postings.

Since: May 07

Johnson City, TN

#395 Jun 4, 2007
Igirl wrote:
<quoted text> How does one see the career mobility site? I am no longer a "Citier" (is that the correct term, or is it "Citigrouper" or "Citibanker" or ...?) so I can't see any internal job postings. Thank you.
sorry, gave you the wrong addy...it's citigroup.net/careers

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#396 Jun 5, 2007
Vick Atal is coming to visit our site in August. Should there be any concerns with him making a closure announcement when he gets here?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#397 Jun 6, 2007
Well I got the boot today in Utah at the call center in Layton. As a Unit Manager I find it difficult to find a new job in the same pay scale. Of course,$1.00 is more then I am making now. Anyone here if they are closing the Layton Ut site in August when Vic Atal comes to visit? Please help.
Citi-Free

Dallas, TX

#398 Jun 7, 2007
I have been gone from Citi CTI in Texas for about a year, I just got feed up and quit!
Life is good outside of the Beast.

I wouldn't piss on the Senior Managment if they were on fire.
Show-MeThe-JD-Pa ckage

East Saint Louis, IL

#399 Jun 11, 2007
Citigroup NAIT employess have been told June 15th (it's always a payday)for Phase 2 layoffs at least 10% of our current staff.
Volunteer

Westminster, MD

#400 Jun 12, 2007
Has anyone tried volunteering for a layoff? Is this an option?
former_citi_nait

Las Vegas, NV

#401 Jun 13, 2007
Is that 10% of all NAIT employees around the country, or 10% at your site?
Show-MeThe-JD-Package wrote:
Citigroup NAIT employess have been told June 15th (it's always a payday)for Phase 2 layoffs at least 10% of our current staff.
Citi of Disgust

Saint Louis, MO

#402 Jun 13, 2007
former_citi_nait wrote:
Is that 10% of all NAIT employees around the country, or 10% at your site?
<quoted text>
Knowing Citi, it's the remaining 10% of NAIT that happen to be US citizens.
Igirl

Los Angeles, CA

#403 Jun 22, 2007
Show-MeThe-JD-Package wrote:
Citigroup NAIT employess have been told June 15th (it's always a payday)for Phase 2 layoffs at least 10% of our current staff.
Did your NAIT layoff happen? If so, how many employees got nailed? How about the NAIT employees in Los Angeles? 80-90 there are going by the end of October with a really huge sevrance package, but a large atm group is going strong the last I knew.
texas

Memphis, TN

#404 Jun 23, 2007
Citi-Free wrote:
I have been gone from Citi CTI in Texas for about a year, I just got feed up and quit!
Life is good outside of the Beast.
I wouldn't piss on the Senior Managment if they were on fire.
did you work for citifinancial?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 89
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun '16 integrity watch 5
News Citigroup Said to Cut 2,000 Jobs Next Month (Dec '15) May '16 Anonymous 14
OneMain Purchase (Jul '11) Jul '15 Hmmm 45
More from around the web