Citigroup Layoffs?
aragorn

Bergenfield, NJ

#3089 Oct 9, 2008
Alan Dekay wrote:
CNN.com just posted an article stating Citi is filing bankruptcy. It just keeps getting worse by the day. I pray for those of you who are laid off. I hope the bankruptcy doesn't impact your severance pay?
Cut the crap, will 'ya Alan decay? If you can't contribute, just get lost.
Alan Dekay

Mexico

#3090 Oct 9, 2008

Here is the president's speech regarding the situation. Thanks you very much!
Alan Dekay

Mexico

#3091 Oct 9, 2008
Yall can apologize whenever you feel up to it!
EricaChizzase

Warren, NJ

#3092 Oct 9, 2008
Citibank has $100+ billion dollars in assets. They're not filing bankruptcy. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Jerk!
confuse employee

Little Rock, AR

#3093 Oct 9, 2008
so did citi declare bankruptcy or not?
Barbaraella

Northbrook, IL

#3094 Oct 9, 2008
Alan is lying there is nothing on the web regarding this rumor about Citi filing bankruptcy. I just checked. That's not funny Alan saying things like this when people are being laid off. I'm sure you have a job today, but will you tomorrow. Not funny.
All Quiet

Plano, TX

#3095 Oct 9, 2008
No, it didn't. Evil rumor. If it did, it would be #1 news item everywhere and the world would implode. Figuratively.
Underwriter

New York, NY

#3096 Oct 9, 2008
I jsut checked with CNN and Bloomberg there is nothing stating that Citi is filling for BK.
Alan where are you getting this information from??
Badseed

New York, NY

#3097 Oct 9, 2008
He got that info from his boss at Burger King, right before going back to the french fry machine
Former - Employee_NY

Edison, NJ

#3098 Oct 9, 2008
Looks like the deal is off between Citi and Wachovia. It is all clear for Wells Fargo to take over, except for a lawsuit by Citi for damages. It would look like Citi is in a weakened position to do any mergers....
Former - Employee_NY

Edison, NJ

#3099 Oct 9, 2008
citi

United States

#3100 Oct 9, 2008
did anyone got lay off today?
HappyWachovia

United States

#3101 Oct 9, 2008
Alan Dekay wrote:
CNN.com just posted an article stating Citi is filing bankruptcy. It just keeps getting worse by the day. I pray for those of you who are laid off. I hope the bankruptcy doesn't impact your severance pay?
is this true? Citi is filing bankruptcy?
Citimortgage Manager

Saint Louis, MO

#3102 Oct 9, 2008
"Alan" is just pulling your all's chains. The real Alan Dakay used to be the president of Citimortgage a few years back. No need to continue looking for the bankruptcy news.....it doesn't exist.

Rich

United States

#3103 Oct 9, 2008
confuse employee wrote:
so did citi declare bankruptcy or not?
Of course not.
HappyWachovia

United States

#3104 Oct 9, 2008
"That's the Citigroup touch: Instead of turning to gold, everything turns mediocre."

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/story.a...

DAVID WEIDNER'S WRITING ON THE WALL
Bungle in the Citi
Commentary: Citigroup's clumsy attempts to win Wachovia doom deal
gueter

Warren, NJ

#3105 Oct 10, 2008
I saw this youtube video that "Alan Dekay" was talking about and there is nothing said about Citi filing BK...
john lennon

Tazewell, VA

#3106 Oct 10, 2008
The cnn article is on their website...search Citigroup. It basically says Citi is in a very weakened position. It is not good, but I did not see BK in the story.
Jon Read

Arnold, MO

#3107 Oct 10, 2008
Citimortgage Manager wrote:
"Alan" is just pulling your all's chains. The real Alan Dakay used to be the president of Citimortgage a few years back. No need to continue looking for the bankruptcy news.....it doesn't exist.
Allen was over Citi Home Equity not Citimortgage two totally different parts of the business. If you are wanting to put straight facts out there you need to know them.

Well I am off to the country club with Chucky Prince.
tigergirl4

New Haven, MO

#3108 Oct 10, 2008
good, they have no business buying anyone, they lay people off then lie about it to the media. they are the boil on the butt of humanity as far as I am concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citigroup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grandfathered sick time Thu Gerard Vecchio 1
Citigroup layoffs 2017 Apr 19 Curious citizen 2
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 88
Help with Email address for Citibank's Investig... (Oct '16) Oct '16 jredken 1
Citi Mortgage Layoffs (Sep '10) Aug '16 Managers Lie 37
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 54
News Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13) Jun '16 integrity watch 5
More from around the web