Tupelo to recruit Memphis residents

Full story: Newms360.com
The city of Tupelo hopes to lure more of its graduates home. The formal recruiting starts Thursday at Flight, a restaurant in downtown Memphis. Full Story
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1 Oct 31, 2012
If Tupelo wants more young graduates to stay in Tupelo then they must allow freedom of expression and accept lifestyles that do not fit the religious mold. Same sex marriage, abortion, cloning, baggy pants, lottery, maybe even medical marijuana and buildings that are not on the historic district list that they can change to be modified to be different.

The younger generation does not have the same goals to be a wage slave all their lives. They want to change the world they live in.
They also have a different view of what is spiritual.
anti anon

Tupelo, MS

#2 Nov 1, 2012
Topix was so much better before you and your infinite wisdom arrived. Can you restrain yourself enough to NOT comment on every single thread. enough please sir or mam. Join facebook, o wait... You have to gain friends to do that...
anon

Tupelo, MS

#3 Nov 1, 2012
I will not be a facebook clone or put names n the web. You must have trouble with critical thinking skills. I m not interested in making friends with a machine. I rather get people to question.

You could aways use the Daily Journal site if you want friends and positive reinforcement.
Tupelo_Guy

Tupelo, MS

#4 Nov 5, 2012
I believe marijuana should be legalized in Tupelo (or Mississippi). I hope the next Mayor will be open to the younger generation and what they want in the City of Tupelo. Religious elders cannot keep doing what they want..they have to start accepting the things that the younger generation want because they'll be here for a long time!
anon

Tupelo, MS

#5 Nov 5, 2012
Rather than just hope how about finding a good mayor and campaign for them. Hope does not equal action and does not change reality. It takes real work and action to move the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BancorpSouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Circus elephant injured in Mississippi drive-by... (Feb '14) Feb '14 got away 1
Circus elephant shot in Mississippi drive-by (Apr '13) Apr '13 sMh 2
Impact Wrestling to visit Tupelo (Apr '13) Apr '13 finder 1
BancorpSouth sets up $500 million business loan... (Mar '13) Mar '13 dariusrickard 2
Back Yard Burgers closes in Tupelo (Jan '13) Feb '13 anon 16
James Rollins new CEO at BancorpSouth (Nov '12) Nov '12 Johnny 1
Ports seek more business (Nov '12) Nov '12 anon 1
More from around the web