Why Birds Are Igniting in Midair Over...

Why Birds Are Igniting in Midair Over California

There are 105 comments on the HOT 107.9 story from Aug 19, 2014, titled Why Birds Are Igniting in Midair Over California. In it, HOT 107.9 reports that:

A cutting-edge solar technology in California's Mojave Desert may have a bit too much cut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HOT 107.9.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Very cute!”

Since: Apr 13

United States

#1 Aug 19, 2014
Wow! Shiskabird!

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#3 Aug 19, 2014
Some people will be calling for this to be set up on our southern border.

Rick

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#6 Aug 19, 2014
Solar farms fryin' our feathered friends, wind farms taking out nocturnal pest controlling mammals..looks as if alternate energy sources are much like an oil spill in the sky.
Aspirin Between My Legos

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Aug 19, 2014
justaguess wrote:
Solar farms fryin' our feathered friends, wind farms taking out nocturnal pest controlling mammals..looks as if alternate energy sources are much like an oil spill in the sky.
That was your argument in favor of oil spills.

There's no doubt the environmental impacts of solar and wind are fewer and less, and there's no doubt about the renewable aspect.

BTW, it is always the right wing mocking efforts to save some endangered species when there's a large public works project brewing. You're not only willfully misinformed and misinforming, but you're a complete hypocrite to boot.
Instigator

Charlestown, IN

#9 Aug 20, 2014
justaguess wrote:
I agree, it's just sad. Those poor little birdies. They're not annoying whatsoever, just doing their little birdie things.

Would it be considered illegal to chuck liberals over it?

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#10 Aug 20, 2014
Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it's just sad. Those poor little birdies. They're not annoying whatsoever, just doing their little birdie things.
I like the way your mind works !

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#11 Aug 20, 2014
Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
Hows about we just chuck every damned politician over them light-brights? Works for me.
Poor birdies.

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#12 Aug 20, 2014
Oh caa-rapp..forgot the "smiley face......

(Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.)

slang for a BM is a baaaad word<<gives Topix the Evil Eye>>
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Aug 21, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way your mind works !
It functions violently, as the post made clear.

But we're used to that sort of thing from ignorant, bigoted racists doing their Kenya-Birther thing.

BTW, you didn't address the far greater environmental drawbacks of non renewables, nor their far greater government subsidies.

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#14 Aug 21, 2014
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
It functions violently, as the post made clear.
But we're used to that sort of thing from ignorant, bigoted racists doing their Kenya-Birther thing.
BTW, you didn't address the far greater environmental drawbacks of non renewables, nor their far greater government subsidies.
Actually I did, that would be post #8 of this thread...daym, it got removed..probably because it basically said,'Somewhere along the way you must have locked on some idea that I give a f@%k what you think'.

I hate when that happens. Have to see if the mods pick this one up.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Aug 21, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did, that would be post #8 of this thread...daym, it got removed..probably because it basically said,'Somewhere along the way you must have locked on some idea that I give a f@%k what you think'.
I hate when that happens. Have to see if the mods pick this one up.
Fine, I enjoy pointing out your obvious ignorance and many bigotries.

But what is someone who tries to say that oil and coal and nuclear don't get far more massive government subsidies and who tries to say that they don't have far larger environmental consequences than solar or wind going to argue?

More like they'll begin their usual namecalling while whining about the namecalling of others. They certainly can't dispute the merits.

And the Birthers are so _witty_ with their little Kenya barbs.

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#16 Aug 21, 2014
Right on cue...like a trained monkey...

Really too easy..

Ps PA...did ya ever figure out the joke ???

BWAhahaha

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#17 Aug 21, 2014
You know this might make Frisbee Golf a little more interesting?

Need mobile ones,it will be an app. on a ph. use it for bird hunting seasons, drive around the lake twice & get your limit,already cooked without ever the leaving the truck.:) genius. Rick

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#18 Aug 21, 2014
wichita-rick wrote:
You know this might make Frisbee Golf a little more interesting?
Need mobile ones,it will be an app. on a ph. use it for bird hunting seasons, drive around the lake twice & get your limit,already cooked without ever the leaving the truck.:) genius. Rick
Or we could use it instead of the whiny "ohhhh, it hurts when I get my lethal injection" trial lawyer bs...it has got to cook em fast !

PULL !!!

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#19 Aug 21, 2014
It wasn't so long ago that the liberals here were complaining about a mirrored highrise in downtown that's been there for quite awhile b/c birds, on occasion, fly into it...
Wonder how they'll justify a solar tower that blows birds up in midair (and, you can bet they'll try)...
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Aug 21, 2014
justaguess wrote:
did ya ever figure out the joke ???
There was no joke. You mean what you post...and then when confronted with facts you simply claim it was a joke.

Are you really 85 like you posted the other day? Because you seem like a 1950s racist to me.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Aug 21, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could use it instead of the whiny "ohhhh, it hurts when I get my lethal injection" trial lawyer bs...it has got to cook em fast !
PULL !!!
You're sub human.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Aug 21, 2014
---Word Woman--- wrote:
It wasn't so long ago that the liberals here were complaining about a mirrored highrise in downtown that's been there for quite awhile b/c birds, on occasion, fly into it...
Wonder how they'll justify a solar tower that blows birds up in midair (and, you can bet they'll try)...
Is that your argument in favor of oil spills, nuclear leaks and climate change?

This solar cooker sounds worse than the large, worldwide problem of birds flying into skyscrapers, or jet engines, but not as extensive as that of domesticated cats running around outside.

There are fixes available in the design phase of any skyscraper now to minimize that problem; perhaps solar and wind designs can also be improved.

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#23 Aug 21, 2014
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no joke. You mean what you post...and then when confronted with facts you simply claim it was a joke.
Are you really 85 like you posted the other day? Because you seem like a 1950s racist to me.
ohh yeah...there was a joke...you just didn't get it...sorry bout your luck but really, you keep talking about these 'facts'..what does that mean, your big statements ?..you always say how everyone is avoiding these 'facts' you are posting but quite honestly, you haven't actually posted any..do you ever read what you write before you click post reply ?..?
Here, I'll show you how transparent your logic is. Here is the thread you are saying I posted that I was 85
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TJ335B9...

Here is the article...WOW..it's about an 85 year old man...
http://www.modbee.com/2014/08/17/3490981/man-...

you don't even get it before you type your tripe..

now go re-read
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TC723IH...

there is the answer to your other statement..

Now these are facts..worm away..you are the best joke on topix right now..enjoy the spotlight which I have now gifted you with.

hugs & kisses
j

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#24 Aug 21, 2014
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your argument in favor of oil spills, nuclear leaks and climate change?
This solar cooker sounds worse than the large, worldwide problem of birds flying into skyscrapers, or jet engines, but not as extensive as that of domesticated cats running around outside.
There are fixes available in the design phase of any skyscraper now to minimize that problem; perhaps solar and wind designs can also be improved.
The designs not only need to be improved, but cost effective. How many folks do you know who can afford solar panels?!? I am all for being a good steward for the environment...but I must admit, much of it seems like a money racket...for example: climate change.
And, the same folks who whine & complain about "reducing our carbon footprint" are the same ones who support allowing millions of illegals to cross our borders & remain here...more people=increase in carbon footprint...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BrightSource Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BrightSource drops bid for solar tower that can... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Solarman 3
News Shiny And New: World's Largest Solar Plant Open... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Solarman 1
News BrightSource raises $15 million in a new equity... (Jul '13) Jul '13 KitemanSA 1
News BrightSource Energy builds huge solar energy pr... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Solarman 1
News ENERGY: Storage will make solar power reliable ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Solarman 1
News Huge solar power plants are blooming in Califor... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Solarman 2
News Solar project gets federal backing (Feb '10) Mar '10 Andrew 2
More from around the web