More pain: Economy shrinks

More pain: Economy shrinks

There are 3 comments on the CNN story from Oct 30, 2008, titled More pain: Economy shrinks. In it, CNN reports that:

The nation's economy slammed into reverse in the third quarter and suffered the biggest decline in seven years, according to a government report Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

McCain is sinking

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Oct 30, 2008

Eatontown, NJ

#2 Oct 30, 2008
Obama claims that 95% of America will be getting a tax cut, so that means that the other 5% will get higher taxes because they earn over $250K…right???

But according to the census bureau:
Families that earn 100K to 149K represent 10% of the population
Families that earn 150K to 199K represent 3% of the population
Families that earn 200K to 249K represent 1% of the population
Families that earn 250K and up represent 1% of the population

So if Obama is “only” going to raise taxes on the highest 5%.of Americans...that means PEOPLE EARNING AS LOW AS $150K will BE TAXED HIGHER…..Obama is lying…HE WILL TAX ANYONE earning $150K NOT JUST $250K like he says.

If he lies about this…what else is he lying about?


Westmont, IL

#3 Oct 30, 2008
I believe most Americans don't have a clue as to the way our money system really works. Most do not understand that the present deep recession was only caused in part by derivatives. How many Americans understand that the Federal reserve is a cartel made up of private banks that (not federal in the least).

The Constitution limited government spending and capped the extent of government waste, our founding fathers knew that if bankers ever got control of our money we would become a nation of debtors.

Today this is the case every dollar printed into circulation and borrowed by congress has debt attached to it slowly destroying the American dream.

We did not have to take this route but we as Americans slept at the switch, we failed miserably and allowed control of our money to enter into the hands of those that would enslave this nation with national debt. Every American should see and understand the history that led up to our enslavement. Three videos that will change the way you see america that are free to watch on google videos and else where.important issues for all Americans. ...# ... ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home sales climb 2% in October (Nov '12) Dec '16 fkhstmldkxd 58
News Stocks Dip on Mixed Economic Data (Sep '10) Apr '12 Vinod 4
News June Jobs Increase: a Paltry 18,000 (Jul '11) Feb '12 Helping_You_Hire 2
News Unemployment Claims Fall To 4-Month Low (Aug '11) Aug '11 David J Bhaltazha... 3
News Stocks: 'It's One Day At A Time' (Jul '11) Jul '11 Fed Up 1
News Unemployment Claims Drop Below 400,000 (Jul '11) Jul '11 Bill 2
News Stocks: Debt ceiling, earnings in focus (Jul '11) Jul '11 Mr_Bill 17
More from around the web