After Explaining a Provocative Remark, Paul Makes Another

May 22, 2010 Full story: www.nytimes.com 43

Rand Paul , the newly nominated Republican candidate for Senate from Kentucky, touched off more controversy on Friday by calling the Obama administration "un-American" for taking a tough stance with BP over the company's handling of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 May 22, 2010
It is time that Michael Steele install one of those square boxes under Rand Paul's suit; so that he can be fed "safe" lines.

Paul's pandering has gotten out of control.
Where are GW's old 'puppet strings?'

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#2 May 22, 2010
GOP chair Michael Steele had better install one of those square box receivers under Rand Paul's suitjacket.

Paul is out of control.
Where are GW's old 'puppet strings?'
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#3 May 22, 2010
Oh great. A new presidential hopeful would rather we let the taxpayer shoulder the burden of paying for the neglect of a corporate entity. Maybe we should simply send BP a 1 trillion dollar check, let 'em know we love them and are not angry.

Crash and burn Mr. Paul, we got enough bills as it is.
Jim Shorts

Richmond, VA

#4 May 22, 2010
I see that twisting Pauls statements are going to be the norm now. Liberals are so scared that they have to manipulate his words.
Lance Winslow

Aptos, CA

#5 May 22, 2010
Jim Shorts wrote:
I see that twisting Pauls statements are going to be the norm now. Liberals are so scared that they have to manipulate his words.
Paul is breathing life and vitality into tea bagger's best hope for November. Bravo, Paul! Go national. Go postal.
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#6 May 22, 2010
Jim Shorts wrote:
It's a traditional, conservative American philosophy I have grown upon. If you f-up, be courageous enough and principled enough to own up to your mistakes. BP has danced the bush as well as any.

If I screw up on the job, I answer to the boss. I don't have some congressman pleading mercy and forgiveness for me. If I'm criticized? I accept that I know these consequences await carelessness. Deterrence, a basic conservative philosophy.

Money is one. But among all human mind, shame, embarassment and a chink in our armor of righteous principles is just as effective a deterrent. That is, of course, to those of us who possess constructive principles.

Like a good republican, I ask, either you are with us or against us. If you feel BP deserves mercy Mr. Paul, then as shareholders of the rewards and disasters of oil dependency we should all, as taxpayers, pay retributions to BP for our pressure to supply our needs.

Or, like my boss said, you want the job? Do it right. And fixing your screwups is your responsibility if you want to keep your job. Tea Party idol? I find that hard to believe.
Mac-7

Rowlett, TX

#7 May 22, 2010
Jim Shorts wrote:
I agree.

Rand Paul didn't say anything wrong.

It is not defending BP to complain about the anti-business attitude of Obama and Obama flunkies like Ken Salizar.

Rand Paul's comments were very reasonable and it takes a bunch of lying lib journalists to twist them into something they were not.
Mac-7

Rowlett, TX

#8 May 22, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a traditional, conservative American philosophy I have grown upon. If you f-up, be courageous enough and principled enough to own up to your mistakes. BP has danced the bush as well as any.
If I screw up on the job, I answer to the boss. I don't have some congressman pleading mercy and forgiveness for me. If I'm criticized? I accept that I know these consequences await carelessness. Deterrence, a basic conservative philosophy.
Money is one. But among all human mind, shame, embarassment and a chink in our armor of righteous principles is just as effective a deterrent. That is, of course, to those of us who possess constructive principles.
Like a good republican, I ask, either you are with us or against us. If you feel BP deserves mercy Mr. Paul, then as shareholders of the rewards and disasters of oil dependency we should all, as taxpayers, pay retributions to BP for our pressure to supply our needs.
Or, like my boss said, you want the job? Do it right. And fixing your screwups is your responsibility if you want to keep your job. Tea Party idol? I find that hard to believe.
Where do libs like mayo420 come up with such nonsense?

Rand Paul was talking about the extreme and out of bounds language of Obama and his flunkies like Ken Salizar who said:

"Interior Secretary Ken Salazar told CNN on May 2: "Our job basically is to keep the boot on the neck of British Petroleum."

What gives Obama to put his boot on the neck of any person or company?

And for that matter what give Obama the right to order the murder of American citzens without due process?

Our Dear Leader and aspiring future dictator is undertaking the most mean spirited attack on freedom this country has ever seen and Rand Paul is one of the few people in the public eye willing to call Obama for it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 May 22, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Rand Paul didn't say anything wrong.
It is not defending BP to complain about the anti-business attitude of Obama and Obama flunkies like Ken Salizar.
Rand Paul's comments were very reasonable and it takes a bunch of lying lib journalists to twist them into something they were not.
Rand Paul's next pronouncement will be to advocate freedom of witch-burning, as long as it's on private property.
But that darn liberal media will twist it into something it was not.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#11 May 22, 2010
On the BP remarks, Mr. Conway said on Friday:“Rand Paul apparently has a deeply held conviction that corporations should be allowed to do what they see fit without oversight or accountability.”

Oh you mean like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and their love affair with the Democrats?
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#13 May 23, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do libs like mayo420 come up with such nonsense?
Mr. Paul and Mr. Obama both are tossing wads of rhetoric at each other. Mr. Paul wants to bash something to make him look good. Problem with theatrics is if you bash both sides, obama for his stance and BP for their carelessness, then you kinda cancel your own philosophies out and your credibility is eroded.

And I notice in his speech he was careful to throw rhetoric in one direction only, the political direction. He was free to equally address the relevant issue of corporate negligence. It is not un-American to say screw the American citizen and let's cut a few corners in the crucial process of drilling in the Gulf?

I don't mind a little obama bashing, boot on the throat doesn't sit well with me either Mac. Un-American? As an American I'm getting a little sick of these conservative snot wads casting the "un-American" label at every turn. The Palins' love for the AIP is about as "un-American" as I can think of getting but conservatives were ready to put that in our White House. Make a choice or find another label.
Mac-7

Rowlett, TX

#14 May 23, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>

Mr. Paul and Mr. Obama both are tossing wads of rhetoric at each other. Mr. Paul wants to bash something to make him look good.
No.

Paul is calling Obama for the hate speech he is using toward private corporations.

Obama does not have the right or the authority to put his boot on the neck of any citizen or corporation.

That is exactly the kind of speech that libs were bashing conservatives like Sarah Palin for when she said we should "target" Dems in congress for election defeat.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#15 May 24, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Paul is calling Obama for the hate speech he is using toward private corporations.
Obama does not have the right or the authority to put his boot on the neck of any citizen or corporation.
That is exactly the kind of speech that libs were bashing conservatives like Sarah Palin for when she said we should "target" Dems in congress for election defeat.
"Hate speech...toward private corporations" is telling them they are responsible for their own mess?

Do you change your own diapers?

Do you believe that I am re3sponsible to clean up the mess that British Petroleum caused by negligent installation or maintenance of their blow-out protector?

What next, if a restaurant serves me rancid meat or rotten eggs, it is my fault?
Mac-7

Rowlett, TX

#16 May 24, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hate speech...toward private corporations" is telling them they are responsible for their own mess?
Do you change your own diapers?
Do you believe that I am re3sponsible to clean up the mess that British Petroleum caused by negligent installation or maintenance of their blow-out protector?
What next, if a restaurant serves me rancid meat or rotten eggs, it is my fault?
""Hate speech...toward private corporations" is telling them they are responsible for their own mess?"

Obama didn't say that.

Through his flunkies like Ken Salezar he's saying he's going to "put his boot on their neck."

That's inciting violence by demented Obama followers.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#17 May 24, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
""Hate speech...toward private corporations" is telling them they are responsible for their own mess?"
Obama didn't say that.
Through his flunkies like Ken Salezar he's saying he's going to "put his boot on their neck."
That's inciting violence by demented Obama followers.
I must be even more hate-filled, because right now, I'd put my boot right through their balls to the floor.

Do they pay you?
Mac-7

Rowlett, TX

#18 May 24, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be even more hate-filled, because right now, I'd put my boot right through their balls to the floor.
Do they pay you?
That's exactly the kind of violence we should be trying to avoid as American becomes more angry under the most divisive president in generations.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#19 May 25, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly the kind of violence we should be trying to avoid as American becomes more angry under the most divisive president in generations.
Have you seen what British Petroleum has done to the ocean?

Have you forgotten the men who were killed, by what is now seen to be negligent homicide (due to deliberate decisions to lower safety?)
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#20 May 25, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Mr. Paul didn't raise a fuss about Sarah. When you see Bama as the "most" divisive president in history it might be helpful to include the rhetorical double standards set forth by both parties as a heavy influence of that division.

Mr. Paul can gain my confidence as a candidate merely by presenting viable solutions. He doesn't have to jump into the political cesspool of calling his fellow countrymen azzholes, though he may well feel they are. But he jumped, now he's covered with the same urine and feces as the others and I will judge him accordingly. That was his call, not mine.

Both the libs and cons admonish each others actions while justifying doing the same thing simply because the other guy is doing it. It's called throwing your principles in the garbage in order to gain tactical advantage.

Like killing all the civilians near the battlefield because the other side is using them for shields. It works, but I don't follow that philosophy. I like to think humankind, at least a few, have actually evolved mentally beyond our primitive animal instincts. But that's just my opinion, observation seems to prove otherwise I fear.
Jim Shorts

Richmond, VA

#21 May 25, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen what British Petroleum has done to the ocean?
Have you forgotten the men who were killed, by what is now seen to be negligent homicide (due to deliberate decisions to lower safety?)
Wasn't the Obama administration getting ready to give BP a safety award?
Aliroger1

London, Canada

#22 May 25, 2010
America, thanks for the 3 ring circus! The clown show is great! Do you guys know CHina is taking market share and growing at more than twice your rate of growth and will soon have parity in air power with America, as well as naval, infantry and other technologies? They already have more liquid assets than America. I hope the circus show is worth it. It is great entertainment. Soon you will get the bill for your stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BP ruled 'grossly negligent' in Gulf oil spill Sep 11 Tuco Blondie 4
Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 15
BP Covered Up Blow-out Prior to Deepwater Hori... (Apr '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 18
Indian official: Diplomat's arrest in NYC barbaric (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jeff Brightone 1
Suspect arraigned in motorcycle-SUV brawl in NYC (Oct '13) Nov '13 Daequan McRapeo 24
Urban revitalization as a process: part 1, H St... (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
DealBook: Breuer Reflects on Prosecutions That ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nancy 1

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE