BP spill costs up to $2.65 billion; d...

BP spill costs up to $2.65 billion; denies CEO resigning

There are 1 comment on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 28, 2010, titled BP spill costs up to $2.65 billion; denies CEO resigning. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

BP's mounting costs for capping and cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico spill have reached $2.65 billion, the oil giant said today, but the company denied reports out of Russia that CEO Tony Hayward is resigning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

bondwooley

New York, NY

#1 Jul 1, 2010
Obama told America that if we can win WWII and put a man on the moon, we can plug this leak and solve our dependency on fossil fuels.

But there's a missing piece: the soldiers in WWII had the Pentagon and Neil Armstrong had NASA. What's the man on the street supposed to do to solve the fossil fuel problem? Is it time for an organized, funded effort? One that will prevent crises like the spill from happening while figuring out a way to get off of fossil fuel?

The following link is to a satirical video, but it underscores this issue in real terms.

http://bit.ly/arVM0I

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BP ruled 'grossly negligent' in Gulf oil spill (Sep '14) Sep '14 Tuco Blondie 4
News Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 15
News BP Covered Up Blow-out Prior to Deepwater Hori... (Apr '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 18
News Indian official: Diplomat's arrest in NYC barbaric (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jeff Brightone 1
News Suspect arraigned in motorcycle-SUV brawl in NYC (Oct '13) Nov '13 Daequan McRapeo 24
News Urban revitalization as a process: part 1, H St... (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
News DealBook: Breuer Reflects on Prosecutions That ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nancy 1
More from around the web